Lights?

bubbajake420

hey, i am currently using two 4 foot flourecent lights with 2 bulbs per unit, my plants havent exactly gotton very big since they came up, am i using the wrong lights? or not enough?
help is greatly appreciated
-bubbajake

i have done grows in the past that used only flourecent lights, and what i can say is that they work pretty well for the vegetative phase, but you will definatly want a HPS for the flowering.

it sounds like you are using the same amount of lights i used when i was doing the flourecents. what type of bulbs are they? cool white is what i liked to use and it worked fine for me.

you say that your plants havent gotten too big since they came up, how far along are they?

and also with flourecent lights you will want to keep them as close as possible to the plants, usually if they are touching the lights your plants still wont get burned, but they should be like 2 inches away from the top of your plants for best light distribution i think.

i am using the soft white ones also, but what is a hps light? and they are about two inches tall now and have been that way for about a week and a half to two weeks, havent even grown a centimeter lol

lol damn, they still havent grown :thedoubletake:? an HPS is a High Pressure Sodium Grow Light, they are great for flowering, get at least a 400w and a bulb in the red spectrum for flowering.

but back to the problem at hand, lol, what is the temp in the room you are growing in? what type of grow are you doing? is it hydro or soil, and then if hydro what type?

and finally what nutes are you using, and what is the Ph of the water in your system?

i am growing in soil, i dont really measure ph levels or anything ha, not a clue how to or why lol, but it is about 80 to 82 in the room at about all times, never below though. i am growning in soil. i had just measured them this morning and they are just a tad bit bigger so yay ha.

lol yeah man i went through several grows whithout using Ph testers, and adjusters but the difference with me was that i knew why i was supposed to monitor the Ph i was just to lazy. Ph whether it be high or low will lock out nutrients making it impossible for your plant to absorb all of the nutes that it needs, this could be a reason for slow growth. unfortunatly i have never grown soil, so i am not sure how to measure Ph in soil, but there a lot of people on the boards here that do.

but any way after several of my harvests where the crop had pretty bad bud i decided to try Ph testing and adjusting and man the difference was like night and day.

i like the advanced nutrient line of products, personally. i have used SENSI GROW TWO-PART for veging in the past and it worked well. then i switched to SENSI BLOOM TWO-PART along with BIG BUD POWDER for flowering.

you should be able to get soil ph testers at a hardware or gardening store, and the nutes you should be able to get at a hydroponic store if there are any near by.

Back
Top Bottom