Limp Clones

love.to.burn

Hey guys just wondering how long will my clones go limp i cut them did everything i was suppost to do just wondering how long theyll look like their dying.

Hey Burn...welcome to 420-land!!

Got pics?
Your statement about doing everything your supposed to do is a little ambiguous as there are several methods to cloning. Perhaps you can tell us what you did exactly and some of the more expert people here will be able to help you.

hey sorry about that.. i fed the plants a low carb diet and leaf fed cut my cuttings at a 45 degree angle scraped end with a sharp blade and cut a fork, then swirrled in a rooting hormone, then inserted into the medium(pro mix) i mist them here and there i have a dome but im choosing not to use it i want to strengthen them up now got the idea from racefan i belive and yeah...its been about 3 days just wondering how long they usually stay limp

I have only tried cloning 3 times, and I did the same basic methods you did. The first 2 attempts failed miserably but the third time I kept them in my humidity dome 100% of the time and misted them twice a day and the roots exploded from them by the 10th day. I have a pic of them in my gallery if you are so inclined.

Good luck...you will get it!

Did you clip the leaves in half? The plant will expend to much energy trying to keep the whole leaf alive, so if you cut it, usually they perk up after a few days. If you don't clip the leaves your rooting time will increase, because the plant is more worried about getting nutrients to the leaves.

if your leaves are limp then you need to raise your humidity put a dome on them for a day or so till they perk up then take it of, repeat if they get limp again

if you do not want to use a dome make sure to give them all the water they need (spray 3 to 4) times a day till roots develop and keep out of direct light.

^Yeah...good point ...I learned the hard way about direct sunlight

Talk about right timing:thanks:

I have three, 6 day old clones. Two are looking quite healthy, while the 3rd clone, the clone on the right, began showing signs of limpness a couple days ago, and is now very limp. All three share the same light, water schedule, growing medium, and cutting method explained by love.to.burn.

I just cut the leaves on it, thank you Ms.Fox! This is my second attempt to clone the three plants currently into early flower cycle, and with only room to flower one plant, naturally I'm hoping these clones do well for my next grow if all three turn out to be females.

Thanks to all for your help and assistance!

The photo was taken before seeing the problem, stem bending was an LST tie location.

clones10-07-09.JPG

Those clones look great, new 5 point leaves, nice and green,well done in soil....:ganjamon:

To see single flowers at the nodes of your clone is normal it's preflower, when taking cuttings of an older plant it is usualy in pre-flower. All my clones are in preflower until I cut the lights to 12/12 hours then in a week or so they realy start budding.:grinjoint:

:thanks:

Damn good eyes there Oldgrowerdude! I took these three cuttings just before putting the host plants into 12/12 cycle (last desperate attempt to clone them).

One day after cutting the leaves per Ms. Fox, the one limp clone is showing renewed signs of recovery. Good thing, momma plant is a def female. The soil is sifted Fafrad african violet mix, sitting under a 13W floro desk lamp 24/7, watering with very weak veg nutes.

I can't say enough about this site, or the people willing to help. Thanks again.

Just took two clones that were small and not as well developed as yours OldSkoool. They are really droopy but I've cut all the leaves mostly off and I think I'm seeing new growth at the top.

Used clonex for the base and have the same set up and feed routine as you but using a 26w 6500k clf for light. The stalks of the plants have stiffened since I cut the leaves so I'm hoping that nature will take its course soon.

Their in a special miracle grow seed starting/cloning potting mix. The soil is being kept moist but I'm thinking I should have used one of those plastic enclosed trays to lock in the moisture for the whole plant.

ive also recently took some clones from my momma sativa plant, and i did the 45 degree cut, scraped first layer off stem, set in water for 30 seconds, then dipped in my CloneX solution, put into rockwool cubes inside my humidity dome....and well....they seem to be taking long to root.......what signs let me know that she's alive at least!!?

ive also recently took some clones from my momma sativa plant, and i did the 45 degree cut, scraped first layer off stem, set in water for 30 seconds, then dipped in my CloneX solution, put into rockwool cubes inside my humidity dome....and well....they seem to be taking long to root.......what signs let me know that she's alive at least!!?

Try making your cut 90 degrees or more. I do this to mine.. no need to scrape.

if she isnt alive.. she wouldnt be standing up. look at your stalk for signs if your leafs are not showing signs.:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom