LoGiK's DTW CoCo Garden: G.I. Jane, Deep Purple & Blue Dream

I think most folks will tell ya to try and hang on to them as best you can. If that means bending them away from the light that’s what ya do.
A word of caution: a lot of stress has been caused and depending on the stability of the genetics, there could be a potential for a hermaphrodite. Usually good breeders stress test their genetics for stability but we’re dealing with nature here.

If you have another little spot you could start some seeds, that might not make the decision to cull so terrible. Start a few, see what happens with the big plant and make a decision based on how fast they take off. If the plant rvegged pn you, you could have just started flowering and the stretch is over. With good airflow you could have a wonderful monstrous harvest.

Well, It's been over 6 weeks into my switch to 12/12 and I'm seeing no flowering occurring.

I had a few lighting issues, my HPS bulb burnt out on me over the weekend at week 3, they were in a few days of darkness and then put my MH bulb back in for 2 days until i received my HPS replacement.

Another 2 weeks of seeing nothing but vertical vegetative growth after the lighting incident, I've discovered my timer is fucked as well and has not been working on a 12/12, but sporadically turning off and on o_O. This may have been the cause of my re-vegging issues with my last Blue dream.

The 2 Gi's and my blue dream have now grown about 5' tall. I'm maxed out on my light height and my cola tips are nearly touching the glass....

At this point I don't know what else to do but chop them down and get the next generation into the tent. They will definitely experience some heat stress being that close to the bulb so I'm not sure if there is any other option.

They'll be getting culled tonight if I don't have any great ideas to save them.

Anyone have any other solutions to possibly salvage these big monsters? @Jackalope @Guy Cavallero

GIJNov918.jpg

Wow. Not sure what would be best. Bending them over would work if you only had a little time left. I don't know if it will get you a full 8 weeks though. I think you might be able to make it work with part of them. One way or another you are going to have to get some room. Some of those branches/plants need to go. If you trim back a few branches it could give the other ones room to be grown sideways.

The way the branches are made up now just cutting the tops off wouldn't really top them. Your going to loose most of the production from that branch. Better to take whole branches or a plant or 2 to create space. You are going to need a bunch of room so it is going to be painful. If there is any flexibility in the branches you should be ok. There will be some bondage involved.

At first I thought you were screwed. The more I look the more I think you might be able to salvage some buds. You have some things on your side. Maybe all the major stretching is done. The biggest is the plant age. The older a plant the faster it will flower. Pretty much like clones. Once they start they should get things done right on schedule. With a healthy root system there is a good chance they will put all their energy into the remaining branches and you won't lose all your production

I think you mentioned you manifolded the plants. If you could take them down to 2 head instead of 4 that might do it. If they were going to hermie they would have by now with all the previous stress. So that helps. You will need to be creative with training and bending. Plants are tough so most should handle it well. That is another thing. If there are any weaker plants or questionable genetics sacrifice them first then go from there. Hard to do all the figuring from here. You know the plants and your space so that will help you figure out all the what nots.

I have been wondering about the G.I. Jane. I lost track of you for a while. Sorry to hear about the problems. Feel free to PM me if you need more info or have questions. I have troubles keeping track of everything going on here lol.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom