Lookah Seahorse Pro Limited Edition Camo

Koolbudz

This unit was given to me free by Lookah.

I had enquired about cleaning the original Seahorse but there was no method for cleaning due to the design of the unit...So I was offered a Pro Model which was extremely nice of them. Now that I have used the Pro a few times and feel I can give it a decent enough out of the box review.

(In my Seahorse review I outlined a way I cleaned mine, Lookah approved the method, now the info is located in the FAQ section of their website: Lookah Online Headshop FAQ | Lookah)

Initial impression - interesting....

The paint is glossy but not slippery at all (Original Seahorse is more slippery), the Pro feels better in the hand.

Pro's
-Has a light to show you what mode etc
-Easy cleaning
-Easy to use
-Safer than a torch
-Packaging is high quality
-Feels sturdy
-Has hose to hook to water piece with 14/18mm and fits both sizes very well (BYOGlass)

Con's
-Does not seem to heat up as hot as the original Seahorse (actually had piece of unmelted concentrate suck up into my mouth)
-Takes longer to warm up vs Seahorse once auto warm up is started
-The auto power shuts off quicker than Seahorse once it's warmed up
-The silicone hose is too short and makes it dificult to use and the hose wall is so thin it kinks and sucks closed if even close to being kinked
-The light is off center from its window (Quality Control issue?)

As for battery longevity quickness to charge etc, I really dont know, I only gave it it's initial charge, hit it a few times a few different ways and pulled out the original Seahorse did a side by side, confirmed my opinion and observations, got out the torch and nectar collector with quartz tip and well the rest is history.

Would I purchase this item if I were looking for a easy to use on the go unit? Honestly no...

The unit has potential but I think there are a couple bugs that need to be worked out before I would feel I got my moneys worth if I had purchased it locally for around $60 (local ad says @ 4/20 sale they're going to be $30 - still a no for me).

If I had to pic up either the Pro or Original running out the door to go on a trip, I would probably grab the Seahorse original (unless it was clogged).

0417212215_HDR.jpg

0417212215b.jpg

0417212216.jpg

0417212217a_HDR.jpg

0417212218_HDR.jpg

0417212218a_HDR.jpg

0417212219.jpg

0417212219e.jpg

0417212312c[1].jpg

0417212313c[1].jpg

I would like to add something to my review....

I have continued testing the Lookah Seahorse Pro and have found a pretty good use for it and so far in this way it has performed the best.

I am not a cartridge fan but made one up to make sure I gave this unit as much of a fare shake as possible.

0629212324~2[1].jpg

Ok My review is 100% final now........

I cannot like this unit at all at this point.

I have tried and tried and tried but at every corner there is another issue.

I have a cheap $5.00 4 in 1 vape, dry herb, concentrate and another use type all in one deal from years ago and it came with a refillable cart to do your own thing so I filled it, and attached it to the Lookah Pro and it worked pretty good as shown in my last post, BUT.........

Here's the catch, it recognized my cheap home refill cart but not the Dispo purchased one but my cheap $5 unit does recognize the Dispo purchased cart no issues....

I know I am not the best at reviews but I tell it like it is and sorry about your feelings but if you sell an inferior product whether I pay for it or it's given to me by the manufacturer, you will hear 100% no B.S. truth.

MY OPINION BY MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT IT IS NOT A GOOD VALUE

Back
Top Bottom