Looking for advice to upgrade grow setup

vickg35

What's up guys, just looking for some new upgrade ideas for my next grow. My first grow it just about done so I'm already thinking of better ideas. I grew indoor with happy frog soil. Using fox farms tiger bloom and big bloom nutes. A 400w Apollo mh/hps in a cool tube with a ebay ventech exaust + filter setup, In a 2×4×5 grow tent. I went the cheap route for my first grow. Now I am thinking of some upgrades. Possibly Led lighting, different medium, nutes, or any other ideas you suggest. Thanks guys much appreciated!!!

First thing that comes to my mind is a form of hydro, eitherdwc, ebb and flow or pure coco. The only problem with hydro is your tent is only 5 ft tall. The hydro set ups will take up 1/3 of your grow room in a 5 ft tent. You can scrog and that will help with the short go space but you need to make sure you are running a short growth strain. Also, with the hydro you will want to run only one plant in that size tent. Hydro can grow BIG plants fast. The pure coco will be alot like the soil you used before only you will water alot more and the plants will get all of their nutes from the water. I would expect the pure coco to be a very similar yeild as the soil you have used where as the dwc or ebb and flow will far out produce coco or soil. As far as lighting, I would stay with the 400. You are going to see major improvement in LED technology in the next year or so and the prices will fall. There are Led setups out there now that are looking very good. If they live up to the claims, it will be the wave of the future. After talking to a rep this weekend at a show and the research I have done lately, I think I will switch from 1000w hps/mh to Led in the next 2 years.

If I could get Promix I would use Doc´s High Brix kit.
Many journals here have a look, easy and cheaper and look at those plants.

LED is a different story, I got some Mars and Platinum LED and I like them and keep going on with Platinum atm.
What many not consider is the heat, while LED run much cooler and efficient there is no cool tube so the heat can get a problem.

All I can say is if you look for LED Mars is the entry level with a solid working light anything cheaper is not worth the money.
Next is Platinum witch use some better LED and are much better in my mind and worth the money they cost.
They run cooler than Mars II and give more light at the same use of watts.

LED hit the spot of produce better quality and save some watts but price will come down every year now.
For me it was watts that got me to LED as power is very expensive here and I can only use about 1200W total.

Back
Top Bottom