McTrish

Hydroponic
Girl scout cookies
Gods green crack

Soil
Cherry pie og
Gorilla cookies autoflower

Hi all

I'm early in my next crop and it's time to start thinking about training techniques. Hopefully strain specific as each of these grow very different from each other.

I am also hoping you can settle an argument for me. My lights have a veg and a bloom setting. I tend to use both lights throughout the whole cycle and only change how long they are on. My friend argues that veg is for veg and bloom for bloom and they aren't meant to be used together. What is the norm?

Thanks

I have yet to see a blurple that was supposed to only have the "bloom" switch on during flowering. And I doubt I ever will. Aside from possibly leaving the "bloom" switch off during the seedling stage to avoid having a plant - that is only a few days old and only has a couple pairs of leaves, if that - stretch significantly and fall over due to the high ratio of red to blue spectrum in the light it is receiving, I'd run both switches at all times. Many of those blurples are underpowered when both switches are on, lol, let alone when one of them is turned off. Especially for their advertised coverage area (general statement, may not apply to the one you have).

Can't help with strain-specific training suggestions. If you tie the top of a plant down in such a way that it is no longer the top - in other words, is lower than the secondary branches/nodes - that plant will then redistribute the auxins that control "top cola behavior" and, therefore, those formerly lower portions of the plant will grow more. But that isn't strain-specific; it applies to all cannabis plants and, indeed, all plants that depend on light-energy. It's basic (plant) light-seeking behavior.

Me too in VEG I have a blurple lamp with switches - I just leave them both on. Even seedlings dont mind. Then once they get bigger I add lighting them move them to bigger pots and proper adult lighting.

I've used them both ways and didnt see any diff other than slower growth with just the VEG light on in VEG and same with flowering but its been a long while for that in flower.

Back
Top Bottom