Lots of pictures and full info - Need help

Luke305

Ok guys so I'm a first time grower. I have lots of pictures of everything you'd like to know and I will give you all the what's and whys you need to know. I just need honest opinions and help because I know there are things I'm doing wrong (done alot of research and I know now so hopefully it's not too late) so just let me know what I'm doing wrong and what can happen if I grow the way I'm growing. Cause and effect please.

-SEED is just a random seed from a bag. (My friend had a bag of 7g of bud which had a medical cannabis label from cali and it said Hawaiian skunk)
-PLANT STRAIN so far from my perspective must be an indica. Why? It's short and bushy just 3-4" tall and has about a dozen leaves(not true leaves cause the top ones now are starting to grow 7 petals and most have 5 for now)
-SOIL is VIGORO organic garden soil. (I've been told it's too heavy and I should add something)
-LIGHTS are 2 CFL'S 23watts 1600 lumens 6500k about 5-6 inches from plant
TEMP is always around 80°-86°F (a/c doesn't work and I'm getting it fixed, plus I live in miami beach so it's hot and humid)
-PH level, I never really worried about it Because I've heard alot of people say that regular house tap water has the OK ph level for a plant.
-LIGHT HOURS far are 7am to 12am ON and 12am to 7am OFF. (18 on and 6 off)
-AGE of plant is about 23 days old (started from seed)
-FERTILIZER (don't know when I should start using it and how often according to what I use) is a mixture of miracle grow water soluble all purpose plant food- (read the back and it's a 24-8-16) with some SUPERthrive vitamin solution that includes kelp (heard it's good for root development)
-HUMIDITY is always above 50-55 but never above 70-75
-WATERING happens every 2 days or whenever I feel the soil dry ( I stick my finger atleast an inch in the soil to check)

Any other questions you guys might need feel free to ask. Like I said I'm a first time grower and I'm trying to shut my friend up cause he doesn't think I can grow a Plant and bud it too. Haven't used the best of supplies and probably not enough but that's why I'm here. You live and learn (and smoke pot lol)

Re: lots of pictures and full info, need help.

20150808_120722_zpsizz9ypxt.jpg
20150808_120730_zpsokblxlxn.jpg
20150808_120739_zpsykdpxwsn.jpg
20150808_121335_zpszt1ufpah.jpg
20150808_121351_zpsbhlvib3r.jpg
20150808_121405_zpsnnunb3h0.jpg
20150808_121526_zpsv3vvffra.jpg
20150808_121549_zpswmkmrtgk.jpg
20150808_121600_zps6cju2nnl.jpg
20150808_121606_zpsmolvdbcc.jpg
20150808_121644_zps4dqfaxy5.jpg
20150808_121702_zpstg9urkch.jpg
20150808_120208_zpsnohstzfr.jpg
20150808_120203_zpsbu0xcykr.jpg

Here are all the pictures hope it helps you guys give me answers and advice.

Re: lots of pictures and full info, need help.

Additional info:
-I'm using a 6.5" nursery container to hold the plant in.
-My "grow box" measurements are, Height 2'10" Width 9"-10" Length 1'4"

I would stop using the Miracle grow, alot of people seem to have problems with it. Did you have a question though? She looks very healthy despite the temperature that thermometer is reading. :thumb:

I would stop using the Miracle grow, alot of people seem to have problems with it. Did you have a question though? She looks very healthy despite the temperature that thermometer is reading. :thumb:

Questions would be, is everything I'm doing okay for the plant and what should I use instead of miracle grow. Also is the light enough with the 2 23watt CFL's, and should I add anything to the soil. That's about it for now. And yea I know it's a little too warm in there and it should be in the low 80s high 70s But I do have a fan pointing at the plant directly.

Yea a lot of people have problems with miracle grow, use anything but that lol. Earth juice is pretty popular and you can get it at Home Depot. I would look more into your tap water if I were you, it might be ok, but most isn't. My tap water has a ph into the 8s which is too high, has like 500ppm, and it contains chloramine, so I spend an extra few bucks on RO water and save myself the headache.

Yea a lot of people have problems with miracle grow, use anything but that lol. Earth juice is pretty popular and you can get it at Home Depot. I would look more into your tap water if I were you, it might be ok, but most isn't. My tap water has a ph into the 8s which is too high, has like 500ppm, and it contains chloramine, so I spend an extra few bucks on RO water and save myself the headache.

You make a good point, thanks for the advice. Seems like noone really likes miracle grow, but quick question.... what does miracle grow do that's bad for the plant or what are side effects or future prob

Based on your on/off times for your lights you're doing 17/7 not 18/6. Probably doesn't make a difference. Your plant looks great.

yo bud, i would up the lights especially for flowering...
Thanks for the advice bro, I wanted to add more cause I know that 100 watts is good for one plant but a problem for that was going to be the temp in the box, it's already up there and I don't want to mess anything up in the plants cycle. (I heard you can put stress on the plant by changing atmosphere)

Thanks for the advice bro, I wanted to add more cause I know that 100 watts is good for one plant but a problem for that was going to be the temp in the box, it's already up there and I don't want to mess anything up in the plants cycle. (I heard you can put stress on the plant by changing atmosphere)

A change in atmophere is only bad when it's in the wrong direction. If you make the conditions better, your plant will respond exuberantly. You could turn your fan around so it's sucking air out of the box instead of pushing it into the box.

Miracle grow is bad for a couple of reasons.
The main one's being:
-It is very strong and people tend to over do it because they think the "small" suggested amount won't do anything.
-It's generally in long-term, pellet form which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to flush out if you do end up over doing it or if you just want to leach the chemicals out of the soil so you don't end up smoking them. Not an option.
-It lasts for 6 months in the soil (I'm pretty sure). That's alot longer than most people even plan to be growing a plant (sprout to harvest).
-It has a very high Nitrogen rating, which is not ideal for the flowering stage.

A change in atmophere is only bad when it's in the wrong direction. If you make the conditions better, your plant will respond exuberantly. You could turn your fan around so it's sucking air out of the box instead of pushing it into the box.

The main one's being:
-It is very strong and people tend to over do it because they think the "small" suggested amount won't do anything.
-It's generally in long-term, pellet form which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to flush out if you do end up over doing it or if you just want to leach the chemicals out of the soil so you don't end up smoking them. Not an option.
-It lasts for 6 months in the soil (I'm pretty sure). That's alot longer than most people even plan to be growing a plant (sprout to harvest).
-It has a very high Nitrogen rating, which is not ideal for the flowering stage.

Awesome advice bro thanks alot. I will definitely be looking into changing the fertilizer and another question (sorry to bother) when should I start adding fertilizer and what are the levels of NPK that I should use according to how my plant looks now (I think it just started it's vegetative phase you can see in the pics)

when should I start adding fertilizer and what are the levels of NPK that I should use according to how my plant looks now (I think it just started it's vegetative phase you can see in the pics)

It's hard to say when you should start using fertilizers with soil. There are nutrients in the soil, so that should take care of it for about 4-6 weeks. I would only start nutrients if and leaves start to show signs of deficiencies.

It's hard to say when you should start using fertilizers with soil. There are nutrients in the soil, so that should take care of it for about 4-6 weeks. I would only start nutrients if and leaves start to show signs of deficiencies.

Good point you made there. Totally forgot to look at the nutrients in the soil.

The main one's being:

Personally I have no issue with Miracle Gro...like everything in life...every thing in moderation...lolool...

...MG is strong!...I use a dilute solution...bout' half the recommended dosage...

...which brings me to product varieties...comes in numerous forms...I use a granular slow release in the veggie garden...the girlz get a feeding with a total water soluble product...also comes in various PNK flavors to accomodate various needs...

...as with any fert application...care must be taken in strength and frequency of feeding's...personally bout' every 3rd or 4th feeding...

...It should be known...my experience in use is with a soil blend with lots of peat and perlite...beyond that I wouldn't say with conviction...

...not disputing your advice ...but I think MG gets a bad rap...usually by missuse...we all have thoughts and different practices...but the proof is in the pudding so to speak...if Ya like...check out my journal...unconventional lighting as well...LOLOOL...but thats my style...werks fer me...Cheerz!...h00k...

Ok guys so I'm a first time grower. I have lots of pictures of everything you'd like to know and I will give you all the what's and whys you need to know. I just need honest opinions and help because I know there are things I'm doing wrong (done alot of research and I know now so hopefully it's not too late) so just let me know what I'm doing wrong and what can happen if I grow the way I'm growing. Cause and effect please.

-SEED is just a random seed from a bag. (My friend had a bag of 7g of bud which had a medical cannabis label from cali and it said Hawaiian skunk)
-PLANT STRAIN so far from my perspective must be an indica. Why? It's short and bushy just 3-4" tall and has about a dozen leaves(not true leaves cause the top ones now are starting to grow 7 petals and most have 5 for now)
-SOIL is VIGORO organic garden soil. (I've been told it's too heavy and I should add something)
-LIGHTS are 2 CFL'S 23watts 1600 lumens 6500k about 5-6 inches from plant
TEMP is always around 80°-86°F (a/c doesn't work and I'm getting it fixed, plus I live in miami beach so it's hot and humid)
-PH level, I never really worried about it Because I've heard alot of people say that regular house tap water has the OK ph level for a plant.
-LIGHT HOURS far are 7am to 12am ON and 12am to 7am OFF. (18 on and 6 off)
-AGE of plant is about 23 days old (started from seed)
-FERTILIZER (don't know when I should start using it and how often according to what I use) is a mixture of miracle grow water soluble all purpose plant food- (read the back and it's a 24-8-16) with some SUPERthrive vitamin solution that includes kelp (heard it's good for root development)
-HUMIDITY is always above 50-55 but never above 70-75
-WATERING happens every 2 days or whenever I feel the soil dry ( I stick my finger atleast an inch in the soil to check)

Any other questions you guys might need feel free to ask. Like I said I'm a first time grower and I'm trying to shut my friend up cause he doesn't think I can grow a Plant and bud it too. Haven't used the best of supplies and probably not enough but that's why I'm here. You live and learn (and smoke pot lol)

Ok Not Reading Comments From Other People Rn LOL!But Here Is My Input:
1.Dont Listen To Those Other People About Tap Water Having An OK PH Level For A Plant!Tap Water Can Contain And Does Contain ALOT Of Chemicals And Contaminants.But If You Have ONLY Tap Water I Would Recommend Filling A Bucket/Container/Bowl With Tap Water Without A Lid And Let It Sit Out In The Sun For 48Hours So Most Of The Chemicals(Mainly Chlorine)Evaporate Before Watering.

2.Soil Is Ehhhh....If Your Low Budget Get PRO-MIX,Ive Used Pro-Mix And Is Doing Very Good!Its Excellent For Seedling But Ok For Veg And Flower.Also The Miracle Grow Nutrient You Have Is TRASH!To High N-P-K.For Seedling I Would Use A NPK Of 10-10-10 Or 20-20-20,For Veg I Like 15-10-10 Or 20-15-15,And For Budding I Like 5-10-5 or 5-20-5.

To Be Honest,Since Your A First Timer!,Just Use Cheap Stuff!Not Cheap As In Quality But Cheap As In $$$$$!.Right Now Dont Worry About Nutrients...Save Money RN For Soil,Start Off With Pro-Mix.Its Cheap!It Works!It'll Get You Through The First Run!All You Need To Do Is Check Temp,Humidity,Air Flow,Pests,Deficiencies And PH.Keep All Of That Perfect Then You Will Be Fine.But As You Are Doing That Save Money For Soil,Nutes,Equipment,Grow Tent(Could Build Your Own)And Lights(Should Be Last).

This Picture Below Is One Of My Plants In Pro-Mix.Only Watering With PH Level 5.9-6.3.The Plant Has Heat Stress In That Picture But Is Now Healthy!
IMG_063023.JPG

NOTE: I Didn't Read Any Comments On This Thread So If I Mentioned Some Things Others Have Said,My Bad! LOL

Back
Top Bottom