Low Kelvin CFL's for Veg?

Wraistlin

Ok, went and picked up some CFL's today. Not much of a selection here in the sticks where I live but ya. Got 6 26w CFL's in my cabinet right now. My question is this. My plant is fairly small and still in the veg state. Would a low kelvin bulb such as these. They are 2700's unfortunately 6500's were not available. Other than stunting the growth a bit (I dunno if this is actually going to happen or not but ya, seems legit to me) Are there any other downfalls to using these bulbs?

They shouldn't stunt the growth per se, as far as height is concerned. More than likely they will cause your plants to stretch, plan for it and start flowering early if you can't find any 6500k's.

I'm LST'ing the shit out of this thing because I have a really small cabinet that I'm using for my grow. Check out my journal in my sig to see what I'm talking about. As far as stretching. I get this lil bastard literally as close to the bulb as I possibly can. When it first sprouted I had a shitton of stretching which ultimately worked out in regards to my LST plan but now.... hell I posted a pic yesterday because the internode spacing is friggin ridiculous. Like I barely had enough room to get the friggin string in there for my lst without screwing the nodes up. I'm talking less than an 1/8th of an inch here. More like a 1/16th...... I'm trying to keep things as tight as I can since I'm limited on space.

Back
Top Bottom