LSTing

eBUD

Okay so LST stands for Low Stress Training right? What can yo do to do this to a plant. I have seen some pics of plants tied down so that they grow horizontally and have better light penetration. Is this the point of LSTing?

When do you have to start this training and can you do it as much as you want or will you kill a plant?

Hope to see some interesting opinions and facts. Thanks :smokin:

Greetings eBUD. I experimented with LST with my last grow and had excellent results. For me, the point was to decrease the size of the big Sativas I was growing. Plus, instead of one main cola, I ended up with several and many secondary colas.

I started LSTing after around 4 nodes had appeared. I was using clones on that grow but with my current grow, I'll be LSTing from seed, starting at around 15-20 days in.

I just used string and binder clips. That method allows for easy adjustment.

Here's the progression of my plants..

lst14.jpg

lstp1.jpg

lstd39_2.jpg

It took around 40 days to get the side branches to 12-13 inches so I could move to flowering. The strain I'm growing will triple or more in height. The plant ended up around 45" at it's highest point.

I also pinch the stems (supercrop) to direct growth auxins to the lower branches. Once you get the top of the main cola below the side branches, growth will be directed to side branches and your main cola may no longer be the dominant cola.

I'd like to try my hand at LSTing some Indicas in the future. ;)

:peace:

Harry

The purpose is more than just allowing light into the plant better.

By taking the most prominent branch or branches and tying down you actually redirect the auxins or growth hormones to the lower slower growing shoots. By this manipulation you can redirect the growth hormones to where ever you please. Making adjustments every few days allows you to really shape the plant without haveing to prune or top. It also works great in height control. However you need to make sure you have room for all the bushy plants or you could block light from getting into the plant if you grow too many bushy plants in a small area. :peace:

I usualy start whit LST after 3-4 nodes .
Its so much easyer to control the plant if you start early
Hear are some pics .(I had use LST in every grow so far)

+REP for you eBUD ... I find few of your threds very interesting
Peace![/url]

Hey HazeSeeker,

How long would you keep your plant tied down before untying or would you just leave them tied through the whole growing process. Your help is much appreciated.

:thanks:

Hello tonga420 you can keep it tied down as long as you like just make sure that it doesn't get to tight because this will restrict the flow of live giving fluids. i find waiting until the stem has hardened a little bit and taken to the desired shape is a good time to untie then maybe re tie it in a different position to further shape the plant.

Hello tonga420 you can keep it tied down as long as you like just make sure that it doesn't get to tight because this will restrict the flow of live giving fluids. i find waiting until the stem has hardened a little bit and taken to the desired shape is a good time to untie then maybe re tie it in a different position to further shape the plant.

Thanks alot DR. I will experiment and try this method when my seedlings get a little bit bigger. Thanks for the info and help.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom