Make or buy a stealth grow box?

dooxy

Hi

Am new to this forum and I have never grown weed. Am in the process of reading up different subjects. But i need a helping push. In the right direction. At first i was thinking of buying a "pre-made-box"

But 2300$ seems way to expensive. You could ask why that box? Well i want to grow in dwc-system. i also want a small grow with a decent output. A box that is stealthy is impotent. So a solid LED system is also a priority. I want to grow in small space. 3-4 feet max. I was thinking of growing some Hybrid Autoflower. in some kind of setup like this
s-l160011.jpg

I read and youtube a bit, some people saying a auto flowers. Can take a lot of beginner punishment. And a hybrid strain can be design to grow small? regarding strains the only thing am looking for is a anti stress and depressive on. The high is ofc welcome to.

Any tips in what end i should start at? Some nice fellows did post in my introduction post. And they linked me to a FAQ. Most of the post was from 2007. I did get the feeling that they are out of date. Almost contradicting some of the information out there today.

I hope my English is understandably. :thanks:

Thanks.

Okay! but i kind of can't have a 6 feet box in my apartment thats why. Got any tips on how to find dwarf strains? :p

Okay! but i kind of can't have a 6 feet box in my apartment thats why. Got any tips on how to find dwarf strains? :p

If you just visit the various seed vendors and search for dwarf strains, they're out there. The traditional name is lowryder. There are four or five Dwarf Low Flyer grow logs here you can refer to.

As for the box and setup, if you can, I would suggest slapping something simple together and try a quick grow with a fast maturing autoflower strain. That will teach you a lot about what works and what doesn't before you commit to a major investment.

Don't worry as much about width or length, try to get as much height as you can.

I think this is good advice. My setup is short and it not only limits you to small strains, it tends to overheat and get too dry and it's inconvenient.

Definitely can build for any size. Just got to have the room for it. I built mine small and compact as it was best suited to my needs. And also did not have to worry about odour control so kept it simple.
this old school grower told me that when i was asking him a million questions about growing, he simply and eloquently said "keep it simple stupid"

Definitely can build for any size. Just got to have the room for it. I built mine small and compact as it was best suited to my needs. And also did not have to worry about odour control so kept it simple.
Same for me i live in a country. where growing is illegal. I live in a rental apartment. The land lord never enters your apartment. But randomly ever 5-10 years. They do want to check ventilation. But you always get paper notice to be home. Or to put a set of keys in a tube in the door. All the vents are in my bathroom kitchen, and closet. So i wanted a grow box in my living room. so i needed something that is 3-4 feet, with DWC, Light, carbon filter. So that i could put a something on it. So if someone ever would just look in they would see a box with a lamp or something on it.

Trust me i would not mind having a big as grow tent. :p

this old school grower told me that when i was asking him a million questions about growing, he simply and eloquently said "keep it simple stupid"
Haha yeah that sounds. Like how it is with almost anything in life. But could you give me a tip on home to find strains and there lengths? I still have to figure out a lot of stuff space wise. :)

If you just visit the various seed vendors and search for dwarf strains, they're out there. The traditional name is lowryder. There are four or five Dwarf Low Flyer grow logs here you can refer to.

As for the box and setup, if you can, I would suggest slapping something simple together and try a quick grow with a fast maturing autoflower strain. That will teach you a lot about what works and what doesn't before you commit to a major investment.

I think this is good advice. My setup is short and it not only limits you to small strains, it tends to overheat and get too dry and it's inconvenient.

I don't have a seed vendor i can visit. It is all illegal to buy and grow here. I probably might just get in trouble for writing and ordering parts online. You never know if the cops come knocking on the door 3 months after purchase. So that is why stealthiness is impotent.

I don't have a seed vendor i can visit. It is all illegal to buy and grow here. I probably might just get in trouble for writing and ordering parts online. You never know if the cops come knocking on the door 3 months after purchase. So that is why stealthiness is impotent.

Sorry, I wan't clear. I meant "visit" online. Depending on where you live, some vendors will mail seeds to you stealthily.

The land lord never enters your apartment. But randomly ever 5-10 years. They do want to check ventilation. But you always get paper notice to be home.

You never know. They can if there's an emergency. A friend had police and firefighters at his house when they had a kitchen fire and they found the grow downstairs (but didn't do anything about it!).

I think making it look like a nice wardrobe or steamer trunk or something would be wise...

Back
Top Bottom