Male female problem, please advise

mush182002

HI all, I Have a cabinet cfl setup. UNfortunately, my 4 babies are not all the same ages. The 2 oldest are roughly the same age (7 weeks) and appear to be female, but its not certain. The younger ones are not even 4 weeks old. My concern is this, lets assume that i put the 2 oldest females into flowering cycle in same cabinet chamber as other 2. Assume I am responsible and remove the 2 oldest on a constant 12/12 basis. I will continue to leave the other 2 babies in there on a 24/hr cylce. If one of the 2 younger babies turns male while the 2 oldest are already in flowering, could this cause problems to my oldest females.

May I wasn't clear. What will happen if 2 female plants that are,,,, lets say 3 weeks into flowering,, in same cabinet as a male plant that becomes male (or when I am able to distinguish male from female) AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN FLOWING FOR 3 WEEKS.

Better yet what happens if you introduce a female plant after 3 weeks into flowering with a male plant. Is it too late for the male plant to cause damage because the female has had time to begin flowering

You should be able to disinguish the male before it produces pollen.

It doesnt cause damage really its just pollinates the female so insted of haveing seedless buds you will have buds with seeds in them

I dont have a lot of experiances with males althoguh I will next spring but if you don't want you females to be polinated then kill the males the minute you know they are males.

You said they are in the same cabinet. I think the chances of the males not polinating the female are slim to none. Females produce sticky buds to try and get polinated the buds dont get big if they do get polinated because the plant uses some of its energy into making seeds. If you want seedless buds kill the male if you want some seeds for later leave them be

My issue is, I have 2 other plants that are a month younger then the current females that are ready to flower, so I will not know for a good 2-4weeks if the 2 younger ones turn male. Ya get what IM saying. For all I know the 2 younglings may turn female, or they could go male, but by the time i find out, the 2 older females will have been flowing for 4 weeks

I see problems if you're talking about moving plants in and out of the grow chamber.
You would have to do it at exactly the same time every day. Exactly, too the minute. A variation in the light cycle can cause herm's.

Males express sex 2 weeks into flowering. However, unstable female strains can pop out male flowers at any time.

You should wait until a plant is sexually mature (altenating nodes) before inducing flowering.

If they turn out to be female just put them in with the flowering ones it wont hurt them. If they are male its not going to pollinate you're plants before you realize its a male. 12/12 the 2 younger ones seperate you should be able to tell with in the first 7 days for most plants if its male or female if its male toss them if they are female stick them in you're other flowering chamber.

If they are Males they can't do any harm until they are sexed and develope the sacks of pollen

Thanks for advice. My real problem is my stupidy in germing at different times. I only have 1 converted cabvinet for vegging/flowering. I guess ill eaither need to make a flowering chamber or allow the 2 yougest to catch up a bit and then flower the m all together. Sighhhhhhhhhh

Also your females are vulnerable to breeding males from the day you know sex till the day you pick them. The seeds may not mature but she can still get "pregnant". Males aren't dangerous until they start to open thier pods. And that can happen rapidly - before you know it really. So you're better off getting rid of him all together...unless breeding is your goal of course.

Back
Top Bottom