Malformed Leaves/Mottled Cause Unknown

StormChaos

MALFORMED LEAVES. MOTTLED. Appears on new growth sporadically during any phase of plants life. Can affect from 1/2 of a single leaf finger to an entire fan leaf. When 1/2 the leaf finger is affected the leaf tends to curl or curve, this is due to the different growth rates and sizes between the leaf portions exhibiting the symptom the unaffected portion.

Cause unknown. Any help identifying is greatly appreciated.

Afgani Hash Plant
Hydro or Soil
PH of Hydro is 5.3 to 5.7
Temp 72-78
RH 45-58

This photo is 4th week of Flowering. Any help is appreciated.

UnknownSymptom140.JPG

are you going strong on the nutrients? i've seen it, but not that extreme

I have 5 plants and am using 3 different nute programs.

I am using Single Part Botanicare Organics... to the recommend dosage. that is actually what the plant is the photo is receiving.

I am also us GH 3 part with Sweet (actually I am using the Lucas Formula)

And I am using Technoflora BC recipe for success.

The symptoms appear at any stage... while being fed 1/4 str first week then 1/2 str 3/4 str or full strength of the recommended dosages during the later weeks. I base the strengths on the size of the plant.

I give them a 1/4 str does in the Aero-Garden after roots are established.

When I transplant the plants from the aerogarden I typically give 1/2 strength schedule first feeding or resivoir.

Incremental inscreases with each feeding or res change I go to 3/4 then full. But never morethan 3/4 in in the soil.

I have only Burnt one plant and that was when I went from 1/2 str to full strength Using GH 3 part prior to using the lucas formula.

Are all the plants you grow doing this. Is this a clone or seed is this just isolated to one plant. Plants can also have damaged genetics. Why the buffet of nutes, thats a slippery slope, unless you have proven the effectiveness of this regiment with consistent results with any pheno you grow.

I do not believe i have any issues with PH.

The plants are clones... I got the clone from my buddy who has been growing this same strain (strawberry fields - its an Afgani plant) for I guess like 30 years... apparently this is an extremely rare plant. So I guess maybe it could be genetics.... can I improve the genetics by making new seeds with a Hermie?

I brought a leaf to him and he said he rarely sees anything like this and he wasn't sure what it was or what could cause it.. he has been doing it his for ever..

The buffet of nutes is due largely to my inexperience (my first grow ever) but mainly because of the fact that I unknowingly got 2 sets of free samples (GH and BC) and I also purchased 1 Botanicare 1 part with additives for the ebb and gro.. once I realized I had 3 kinds, I just wanted to see what was easiest/best/highest yeilding... etc.

I am sure my yield will be sub-par... but I am sure to improve next grow.

I learned alot.. I also found I personally like mixing BC stuff.. I think the plants do better with that... I am going to try AN since my hydro store is switching form BC to AN.

May be just may be when he took the snipping he cut thru the node on that one cutting. I've heard that can damage the genetic code. Of course this is pure SWAG. The damage to the leaf is not typical of anything that I remember seeing. You won't improve on the strain w/ hermie seeds and might get a tendency you don't want in your bloom rm. Stay w your buddy's stuff and perfect it, sounds delicious...

Sorry to revive an old post but this looks an awful lot like TMV. I am speaking from experience regarding this virus and hopefully this can help someone else identify what's wrong with their lady and assist in stopping the spread of it. This is a VERY nasty virus and can be compared to AIDS in humans except that Magic Johnson cured his AIDS and there is NO cure for TMV. Peace

Back
Top Bottom