Emergency - Brown spotted dying leaves 4-5 weeks into flower

NoobieBoobie

A buddy woke up alarmed as one of his plants is having trouble. Here is a link to a photo of a leaf:
leaf52.jpg

He said a large portion of the plant is affected in the same way. pH has been kept constant around 5.5-6.0 but I've seen it may be a nutrient deficiency.

The strain is Berry Bomb it's in a 5gal hydro bucket under 1000w hps.

More likely a nutrient def but is not uncommon to get P - phosphorus or K - potassium to show up in early to mid flowering.

PH range you mentioned would suggest a hydroponic based systems either dwc, ebb & flood etc etc etc in less coco coir or other inert growing medium ?

I would more likely suspect a case of under feeding for the best part of the plant to be effected... i'm not sure if ya checking PPM/Ec of nutrient solution or adjusting per stage of growth, so ye it is a few things to look at really !

I find it extremely hard to diagnose a whole plant problem by looking at only one leaf. Please have your friend take a picture of the entire plant, complete with damaged leaves, so we can see the whole problem. Once I can see how it is presenting, top, bottom or all over... then a diagnosis will be much more accurate... until then, I would only be guessing.

I will get him to send a complete photo of the plant, thanks for your help.

The pH at the time was actually 6.3 it has since been lowered to 5.7 so hopefully that takes care of it for him. However, as far as under-feeding, I do not think that's an issue. He puts the maximum suggested amount of Tiger Bloom in with each water change and he changes the water completely every few days to make sure the nutrient solution is of the same strength.

Is it possible that the plant is soaked up the nutrients in the first day, leaving no nutrients for the next 2 days until the next water change?

Back
Top Bottom