Mandala Seeds Satori Strain

So after a good cure, I can now tell you that there is none of that initial heaviness. Like it's been reported in other smoke reports, Satori is a bit of a creeper. You're waiting for it until all of a sudden you realize that it's already sprung. You're zoned out on a subject, completely absorbed, tunnel vision.

This is great for creative activities because you are completely engaged in your subject but you have heightened powers of perception while all the while being clear headed. You are able to examine a subject from all sides and points of view. If it is something auditory then you will have an easy time following it's rhythm or heartbeat. Musicians would love this strain. I write short stories for a hobby and it is quite helpful to me visually.

I get a pretty strong jolt of the racing heart in the first 10 minutes. And then it goes away. But the effect is like a long lasting stimulant. Or like a smelling salt. Satori has a kick.

This strain is a two hitter for me. Two hits is perfect. Like it's been reported, Satori doesn't have much of a ceiling. Each successive hit is like a hammer to the head. And after a few more, you will have to lie down. You'll probably fall asleep. The point I'm making is that it's quite strong.

I've read reports where people didn't like this strain but I'm surprised when they say it isn't strong. It kicks my butt.

Anyway, I finally found a room that gives me a great dry and cure so I celebrated the fact that I'm now a 5 tool player by sucking down a couple bingers of some crystally crystally Satori. I thought I'd be helpful in the meantime and update my smoke report. Ain't nothing wrong with a good smoke to take the edge off. Go easy.

So after a good cure, I can now tell you that there is none of that initial heaviness. Like it's been reported in other smoke reports, Satori is a bit of a creeper. You're waiting for it until all of a sudden you realize that it's already sprung. You're zoned out on a subject, completely absorbed, tunnel vision.

This is great for creative activities because you are completely engaged in your subject but you have heightened powers of perception while all the while being clear headed. You are able to examine a subject from all sides and points of view. If it is something auditory then you will have an easy time following it's rhythm or heartbeat. Musicians would love this strain. I write short stories for a hobby and it is quite helpful to me visually.

I get a pretty strong jolt of the racing heart in the first 10 minutes. And then it goes away. But the effect is like a long lasting stimulant. Or like a smelling salt. Satori has a kick.

This strain is a two hitter for me. Two hits is perfect. Like it's been reported, Satori doesn't have much of a ceiling. Each successive hit is like a hammer to the head. And after a few more, you will have to lie down. You'll probably fall asleep. The point I'm making is that it's quite strong.

I've read reports where people didn't like this strain but I'm surprised when they say it isn't strong. It kicks my butt.

Anyway, I finally found a room that gives me a great dry and cure so I celebrated the fact that I'm now a 5 tool player by sucking down a couple bingers of some crystally crystally Satori. I thought I'd be helpful in the meantime and update my smoke report. Ain't nothing wrong with a good smoke to take the edge off. Go easy.

Thanks for the updated report, zzoomm100. I would love to know more about this great dry and cure room you came up with. Send me a PM on it sometime.

Just getting into harvesting now, but here is a few pics of what I harvested so far. Can't wait to taste the treats once dried and cured. Bud does not appear to be as frosty as the other pics in this thread. Next time I grow it, it will get more dedicated illumination.

102810-pic3.JPG

103010-pic2.JPG

103010-pic1.JPG

Great thread and grow Munki :cool: I did notice of all the shots ( yours and others ) of this strain it seems to "purple" up better outdoors? is it possible to get that purple look indoors?

I can't wait to try the Satori, the smell is unbelievable.. When I open the jar to burp it I just want to drink it down...... My outdoor satori really started throwing in the purples in the last two weeks.... I have some in the grow room that I will see if they show any purples.. They are clones from the same mother as the outdoor Satori...
satoriod.jpg

Satoriod1.jpg

Satori13.jpg

Only two more weeks in the jar and then I can try it. :slide:

Munki, your plants are looking good.... :thumb:

Great thread and grow Munki :cool: I did notice of all the shots ( yours and others ) of this strain it seems to "purple" up better outdoors? is it possible to get that purple look indoors?

I'm sure cold temps will help in purpling. I got some purpling on some of my Satori leaves lately, but I have other strains doing it too. In my case, light from a Sunpulse 10K bulb and treatments for PM with baking soda and milk have attributed to the color change IMHO.

BeIrie, Your crop is looking awesome! Satori is a beautiful outdoor strain. Kind of reminds me of Durban Poison in that regard.

Glad to see that people are growing this strain. I discovered it after going through an extensive strain hunt on the internet last winter. I like a polarity of effects because I read or do work in the early evening (pure Sativa) and need a Mike Tyson left hook before bed (heavy Indica). Satori fits perfectly into half of that equation so I was pleased that it lived up to it's hype.

I had the skyrocket pheno so I wonder if the other phenos (the bar, the bat, the garlic) have slightly different effects. Maybe someone could post their own report.

Hey Munki. Nothing novel to report about my drying room. I don't remember the post but everything I've tried, I've learned here.

Basically what I did was embrace the concept of indirect air. I trimmed the fan leaves from my plants, hung them whole between two chairs in the middle of a large bathroom, pointed a fan on low at a corner of the room (in the opposite direction) and then stood in different spots of the room to feel the air flow. Then I moved my plants to a part of the room that wasn't getting a direct flow from the ricocheting air. Then I cracked the door about 6 inches and left them alone in the dark for 5-7 days. It gave me a nice slow dry. From there it was straight to the jars, just burped them 15 minutes a day for a couple weeks. That's it. It took a lot of experimentation but I finally found a method that works for me.

I've never tried the cardboard boxes so I can't speak for them but a lot of the best growers use them so they must be very effective. The boxes just seemed like a hassle to my lazy ass so I went this way.

Congrats on bringing those plants in. I bet you produce some Satori monsters the next time around. This strain will obviously produce some big buds under powerful lights. Amazing genetics.

Later.

Ok all for those of you who have looked at my past grows I like taking pictures - I love growing weed - but I don't par take as much or as often as my hubby in the celebration. I do however test all the goods. This one I love - Satori is awesome. Mandala describes the smell as fruity with citrus. I think it smells like Lemon meringue pie. Smoke report - very heady non couch lock high. Most strains give me uncontrollable munchies but not this strain. Very, very smooth fruity earthy flavor. Still have some trimming to do but so far I have a bit over 3 oz with about 1 to 1 1-2 left to do.

100_3824a.jpg

100_3827a.jpg

100_3830a.jpg

100_3831a.jpg

Almost too pretty to smoke

I know this is way late - nice grow. What kind of pipe is that? What is it made of and where can you get it?

:thanks:
:peace:

For a link to The Attitude, go to the sponsors page and it is the link 12 down from the top.

420 Magazine - Sponsors

Using the link helps pay for 420magazine.com so please enter through the sponsor page if possible. Thanks.

Good to know - I will go that way from now on!

:thanks:
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom