Mandala Seeds Satori Strain

So to our growers of Satori in the past six months, how has your end product been and how would you sum up the growing characteristics of the strain and would you recommend it to new growers?

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences so far. Great thread. :bravo:

Haze, you always seem to grow the largest, dank weed around. :adore:

Satori is a wonderful strain - energetic, very creative in both the realm of ideas, but also creative use of space. Maybe because i had to repurpose some living space, but after a toke, (and it's a one toke smoke!) i can see how things should go together for best use, etc, then jump up and get the job done! Also, as Deweed noticed, no munchies. In fact, i have missed meals and not noticed.
On the medicinal front, i have dropped Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, and Trazadone, and my steroid asthma meds, and i am a lot happier and more active. I swear those depression meds are depressing! And going for a fast walk up a hill (on the tail end of a high) which usually leaves me gasping for air and staggering around, i felt energized and lungs felt normal!
Mostly, i like sitting outside where it is pretty and just appreciating how lovely things have been this spring.
Easy to grow, too. Recommended! And will grow again, when things get legal.

Oh, point of fact, here, don't want to give the wrong impression... I quit Trazadone, not because Satori helps me sleep any better - i don't think it does. I just quit all but one med because i'm pissed at big pharma, and would rather go with cannabis - i spit in your eye, pharm!

Satori is a wonderful strain - energetic, very creative in both the realm of ideas, but also creative use of space. Maybe because i had to repurpose some living space, but after a toke, (and it's a one toke smoke!) i can see how things should go together for best use, etc, then jump up and get the job done! Also, as Deweed noticed, no munchies. In fact, i have missed meals and not noticed.
On the medicinal front, i have dropped Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, and Trazadone, and my steroid asthma meds, and i am a lot happier and more active. I swear those depression meds are depressing! And going for a fast walk up a hill (on the tail end of a high) which usually leaves me gasping for air and staggering around, i felt energized and lungs felt normal!
Mostly, i like sitting outside where it is pretty and just appreciating how lovely things have been this spring.
Easy to grow, too. Recommended! And will grow again, when things get legal.

Nice to hear your overall condition and outlook on life is on the upswing; truly great news my friend.

I heard a rumor that Mandala may be out of business, but I haven't been able to confirm or deny this.

our first satori got the chop today. so far, love her! will let you know about smoke but she was super easy to grow, vigorous, but stretches easy if you let her. responds quickly to nutes, is good in the heat and tolerates low humidity/high heat well. Not too leafy in SOG setup. PERFECT for it. Heavy yeilding.

well, I didn't have time to do it earlier, but here's a few shots of our 1st satori to get the chop. She developed a really nice citrus sort of scent late in flower (around day 60 or so?) and is really dense. She was flowered pretty much directly from rooting as a cutting into flower, in a sea of green with a few other strains. We have three of these girls, two more will be done in another week or so. She was chopped day 65 when her trichs were 50-75% amber, stood about 15" tall, and final wet weight, after trim was 2.23 oz. Considering she was just one main cola she yeilded as well as a safari mix that was twice her diameter, and was not leafy at all.

As she got later in flower, her leaves got leathery and thick, and the lower ones yellowed and fell off starting around day 55 so there was little trimming. The trichs turned literally over night, from milky to amber all over. All our flowering plants are fed every three days liquid Karma and Iguana Juice bloom. We use promix bx with 1/4 worm castings. She was consistently in 32-34 celcius temperatures with low humidity under a 250 watt HPS. She didn't seem to stress at all from any of this. We have another clone of the same cut that is 7 days behind her, it will yeild about the same and has the same shape but when she got when she started up the cab had more plants in it so she didn't get as much light and stretched. She's easily another 6-8 inches taller, but it is just made up of a big stretch of bare trunk. sort of a pain in a SOG setup it was ridiculous finding objects to prop the others up with to keep the canopy even. next time, everybody at the same time! She'd make a fantastic Scrog plant too.

The other pheno may yeild higher, its a short stubby plant in the mom cab with a lot of branching, and slightly wider leaves- more indica in style. in the flowering cab, the clone doesn't appear much different, but the general shape of the cola is rounded, looks like a baseball bat and is foxtailing like crazy right now. It is also frosting up nicer than the other pheno from what I can see. here's a comparison of the two phenos side by side its really clear.

spearbat.jpg

We put a bit of the first chop (the pointy top one) in the vape, a lower nug that I quick dry a bit by putting the temperature up to 240 or so and letting her sit for half an hour chopped up in the bowl. She had a fresh citrusy sort of taste and a clear, heady high that is definately energizing. someone called it "sex weed" I'd tend to agree. Vaping this one didn't kill mine or my bf's sex drive like other strains tend to do... hehehe :eek:) She's going to need a good cure first before really giving a proper smoke report. I imagine I am going to like her a lot, as I am a bit of an artist/creator sort of person and I have read often that she is great for that.

satoriQnug.jpg

satoriQscale.jpg

satoriQ65.jpg

all I can say is :bravo: Mandala

Update- my bf looked up mandala seeds- says closed til january 2011??

Wow LeenieBean, thank you so much for the detailed post. I'm really leaning to doing a Satori grow next. Higher heat will be a persistent condition for my summer grow. :goodjob:

good to hear that Mandala is still around.

Amazing! Satori is a strain I've been eying for a while. After reading through this thread, I have made up my mind to finally order some. Woohooo! Satori grow in my future!

Thanks for the great info everybody!:nicethread::thanks:

Here's the other pheno yet to be harvested at 64 days. She's very heavy yeilding, is larger than the already more than satisfactory spear pheno.

I really like the first satori spear pheno, I finally got to have at it dried properly this weekend and really like the taste. Sort of herbal/piney lung expanding, smooth smoking. In cure now and is only getting nicer by the day in the mason jars. Nugs were very dense and sticky and broke up huge literally solid plant material- no leafy pistily or whatever material, but yellowy-white solid yummy goodness that literally ate leaves into its mass. The other night, we had a session but both were very tired when we got into it so I didn't want to judge it on that. Tried it today while out and about and found I really enjoyed doing the gardening outside, and now, I'm a little bit up on it and I keep wanting to go for a walk. No anxiety, no racey heart or anything. But don't smoke too much, or it will put you on your ASS! I could smoke another bowl and fall straight asleep if I wanted to. It may have been a bit late of a harvest on that one, she had a lot of amber, my man says it zaps his energy, so the next one we'll try when there's mainly just milky trichs perhaps.

satoribat.jpg

The pistils look downright fuzzy. Thanks for the smoke report LeenieBean.

for the most part, I'm just doing the smoke report thing for the benifit of people like us (the man and myself) who were looking for good information on strains before we chose seeds. I'm pleased with this purchase for sure, for the very reasonable price I think we got an exceptional quality strain and pretty sure we're both very happy with the end results here. The genetic is strong with little variation from these two main phenos, which are very much alike- the stubby one heavy yeilding and frosting up nicely as you can see but longer to flower. Trichs are still clear at 66 days and counting. Seeing other grows I think she looks pretty consistent regardless of setup, with the exception of the occasional nute burn case as she's pretty sensitive to overfeeding.

Good job Mandala Seeds!

I've heard that Satori requires little nutrients so it would make sense that it is susceptible to nute burn. Thanks for the update Leenie. I will grow these soon.

I haven't had the best luck with Satori. Being a Sativa, it's very spread out...meaning the bud sites were small and spread out. This is probably due to my first grow.

They had plenty of light. 1000 watt HPS in a 5x5 tent.

The high was pretty intense. I don't smoke pot so I gave it to some of my stoner friends. They described it as an "angry buzz." My feelings on this is it's the first time they have smoked a Sativa.

The Satori seemed to help my wife a little, but she was too high to function. We were looking for a strain that helped pain, but left you functional. This wasn't it.

Satori was supposed to be a heavy producer...not so much in my experience. Granted, I had some PH issues in my first grow.

My second grow was Satori with Speed Queen which is also from Mandala seeds. Speed Queen is kicking the crap out of the Satori right now with two weeks to go. Don't know about the buzz though.

Just ordered some Beyond the Brain and Point of No Return. Should be here tomorrow.

One thing I noticed on my second grow. These plants don't need to be fertilized if you are using Fox Farm soil. I fertilized them twice during their whole grow and they are fine.

I haven't had the best luck with Satori. Being a Sativa, it's very spread out...meaning the bud sites were small and spread out. This is probably due to my first grow.

They had plenty of light. 1000 watt HPS in a 5x5 tent.

The high was pretty intense. I don't smoke pot so I gave it to some of my stoner friends. They described it as an "angry buzz." My feelings on this is it's the first time they have smoked a Sativa.

The Satori seemed to help my wife a little, but she was too high to function. We were looking for a strain that helped pain, but left you functional. This wasn't it.

Satori was supposed to be a heavy producer...not so much in my experience. Granted, I had some PH issues in my first grow.

My second grow was Satori with Speed Queen which is also from Mandala seeds. Speed Queen is kicking the crap out of the Satori right now with two weeks to go. Don't know about the buzz though.

Just ordered some Beyond the Brain and Point of No Return. Should be here tomorrow.

One thing I noticed on my second grow. These plants don't need to be fertilized if you are using Fox Farm soil. I fertilized them twice during their whole grow and they are fine.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Caddie! :cheer: Best of luck on the new strains.

I have a couple little Satori going right now. They are in essentially 100% perlite and getting General Hydroponics Flora Series Nutrients.

080210-pic1.JPG

080210-pic2.JPG

For a sativa, they look very indica dominate. ?
:goodluck:

Agreed. All four strains I have going right now look to be leaning towards indica traits. We shall see how it plays out.

They're lookin' nice Munki.

Always been interested in this strain, so curious to see how they turn out.

Me too. You know I'll be sharing pics of the whole journey. ;)

Hey everybody. I have a question.

I'm about 12 days into flower with a Satori plant and it looks like it's one of the skyrocket phenos. I have 7 feet of height in my tent. Do I need to worry about this plant reaching the ceiling?

I'm not a big fan of LST. I tried it before and I didn't notice much improvement in yield. It was a pain in the keister to tie and stake the buds when they began to swell.

I use CFLs so it's easier for me to let it grow naturally with 1 big cola and hang some big 67 watt CFL's along the sides to cover the whole plant with light. That's my method.

Thanks for this thread. Very informative.

Hey Zoom

Didn't notice a big difference in my phenos. Not to say it can't happen. I've had some Mandela Speed Queen really stretch (like two feet).

But with all five of my satoris (the other five in the pack were males), I didn't see much stretching at all. I was a little shocked, actually.

I started flowering at three feet and finished less than five. DON'T take this as the word though...I had a bit of a PH problem with my first grow.

I'll tell you though, they grow themselves. I think the next time I grow them, I wouldn't even fertilize them. Quite shocking really. Just Fox Farms Ocean and 6.5 water and away you go.

Man, I love Mandela seeds...so easy to grow.

Back
Top Bottom