Mandala Seeds Satori Strain

Here is how my Satori started right off the bat.

This isn't so easy to put photos on this site...

Little fellows growing under a 23 watt Flouo. Had a bit of stretch.

Let's try that again.
IMG_23311.JPG

That was my first photo I tried to upload. Here's another photo. It's using a 13 watt Compact Fluorecent.

IMG_23321.JPG

The fan is not on, but this light is bright.

IMG_2334.JPG

Using two 13 watters.

IMG_2335.JPG

A sick Seedling with a reverse osmosis machine behind it. Otter 13 watt light.
IMG_2338.JPG

The seedlings under a 250 watt MH.

IMG_2339.JPG

Thanks Screwnuts. I've got the whole deal ready to go once I get some F---ng plants ready.

I'm having a real problem with these seeds.

That first photo was over 15 days ago. Like I said, my plants aren't dying, but they aren't exactly thriving either.

Ph got messed up when my first meter died. PPm is around 40. Kept it low because I knew the non-holding moisture dirt called Miracle Grow has some nutrients built into it. Well, that soil holds about 5 ml of water in it. It might have some nutes in it, but it needs water too! I would have been better watering my 1.25 inch blocks of rockwool.

If you are only watering them, then I can understand why you are seeing them not grow. The rockwool has no nutrients in it. The seedlings lived off of the nutrients found in the seed but has used them up. The light is also too weak to stimulate growth. With more light like the 250 watt MH, they will grow but may not get the roots through the rock wool before running out of nutrients. Also, if the root system is getting plenty of water like you said, then they are less likely to seek out water so they don't grow out searching for water or nutes. So, a light dose of liquid nutes could help. Try going to the garden store and see if you can find some liquid vitamin B-1. It helps stimulate root development. Also, cut back on their water and only water the soil leaving the rockwool to dry somewhat. The roots will try to find the water out in the soil.

Oh, please know that rockwool by its chemical composition will raise the pH so if adding nutrients, get the pH down to the lower limits to counteract that effect. Guessing here but I would aim for more hydro pH levels like in the 5.8 to 6.0 range until the seedlings get their footing.

Thanks Munki.

I've been using a PH of 5.8 for the water. I knew that the Miracle Grow "soil" contained a very small amount of nutes. I figured these would be fine until I transplanted to a larger one gallon pot. I don't think I was right.

I added a 1/4 solution of fertilizer to to the water trying not to burn them. I've also been watering from the bottom (filling the tray with just a bit of water hoping to make the roots grow down).

I'm a little wary of that method because I don't want to oversaturate the roots.

They are starting to show a little bit of veg growth. My biggest guess is that I stunted the roots with some messed-up, Ph water. I think they'll start doing better soon.

I'm a little surprised Mandala seeds recommends using Miracle Grow Seed Starting Mix. I'm just baffled at how little water that stuff holds. You can drench it in water and four hours later it's dry. Granted, that's under a 250 W Metal halide and a circulation fan...but still. Also, maybe I over-estimated how many nutes the soil would provide.

I'll be starting my journal on Wednesday. So keep in touch.

I appreciate your help Munki.

Thanks Munki.

I've been using a PH of 5.8 for the water. I knew that the Miracle Grow "soil" contained a very small amount of nutes. I figured these would be fine until I transplanted to a larger one gallon pot. I don't think I was right.

I added a 1/4 solution of fertilizer to to the water trying not to burn them. I've also been watering from the bottom (filling the tray with just a bit of water hoping to make the roots grow down).

I'm a little wary of that method because I don't want to oversaturate the roots.

They are starting to show a little bit of veg growth. My biggest guess is that I stunted the roots with some messed-up, Ph water. I think they'll start doing better soon.

I'm a little surprised Mandala seeds recommends using Miracle Grow Seed Starting Mix. I'm just baffled at how little water that stuff holds. You can drench it in water and four hours later it's dry. Granted, that's under a 250 W Metal halide and a circulation fan...but still. Also, maybe I over-estimated how many nutes the soil would provide.

I'll be starting my journal on Wednesday. So keep in touch.

I appreciate your help Munki.

No problem. If growing in soil, it would help to read others soil tips. Building your own soil is doable; most ingredients are available at grocery and nursery stores and things like guano can be bought on ebay or the vendors here at 420 magazine. No need for the cubes if doing the soil IMO. Check out my cloner; get the bare roots going then into the soil.

Wick Cloner: simple, cheap and effective

I have freshly aquired Mandala Satori and 8miles high ...
I will open a journal ... in a month or two , heheh :)

We'll see you in the spring Haze. I'm sure you and your lady have plenty of product to get you through until then.

BTW, my wife really wants to visit Slovenia. I don't know when we could do that, but it is pretty close to where you are at I imagine.

I've got seven out of ten Satori seeds growing right now. Three just didn't come up. Just got a new order of 10 Satori and 10 Speed Queen that just showed up in the mail.

I germinated the first Satoris 25 days ago and they are just growing their 3rd node. They seemed dormant the first two weeks they were up, but now they are finally "taking off." I'll probably start my journal tonight about them.

I'm planning on germinating four more Satori seeds soon, and saving the Speed Queen for the spring.

My new batch of seeds I bought from a sponsor of this site (at Munki's request). They came from the UK and came with the original packing. I feel a little better knowing I think i got what I paid for.
129083&cat=500

IMG_23531.JPG

Hello, Caddie,
I'm glad you increased the lumens for your babies - this will solve a lot of your problems. I can click on the links and see them. clicking on the yellow 'Insert Image' square just above will get the pictures themselves to show. :)

I decided to do Satori too, i think you are further along than i am.

hey dweeden420 when did your satori finish outdoors,,im in the northeast and i just got these in 2 days ago,i just wanna know how she did for you..

I too couldn't find a whole lot of information other than the Mandala web site. Anyway, decided to join the forums today and also order some Satori seeds.

I had to buy them from one of Mandala's re-sellers. It seems Mandala is out of business for a while.

I don't think they are out of business... I just recieved, 50 Satori, 50 HashBerry and 50 SpeedQueen plus freebie safari mix DIRECT from them. And I have had many commuincations with Devi from Mandala in the past several weeks....

Just found your question about the Satori. We yields about 4.5 oz off this plant. We did however have an unseasonably wet summer and fall here in the Northeast. We did however have a bit of mold on a couple of other plants but not this one. We are a bit disappointed though, out of 8 germinated seed we only go 1 female, but she was beautiful and finished 1st and 2nd week of October

Back
Top Bottom