Manila Quezon - Smoke Report

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Manilla, Phillipines

Smoking tolerance level: 1

Legislation: the new revised narcotics act states that an individual may be arrested if he is in possesion of any parapharnalia with residue. about 5grams can land you life as the death penalty has been abolished for the meantime.
Posession of any drug is considered a henious crime.

Law enforcement: If you get in trouble, try to get out as fast you can with the minimum number of people and pesos getting involved. Keep a few US $100 bills in your wallet (no ID, just money). The green $$$ talks if you get busted.

another report we received is: "Cops are easy to bribe, if you do it quickly, blind them with Grant and Jefferson, don't make it reach the station becuase you will have to bribe more people. if you see a cop pretend you don't understand, then when he tells you he's gonna arrest you say something like: why don't we just settle this here and save us both the trouble, say you are making a "pakiusap" and tell him you respect him as an officer. it always does good to stroke their ego before offering a bribe. Don't show any ID and as much as possible pretend you are not a tourist"

Where to buy marijuana in Manila: Sagada-sagada is a haven for pot smokers, its kind of like Amsterdam because it has coffee shops and the locals are very tolerant (in fact they encourage cannabis), it's a tourist destination for hiking trecking and other out door activites, Once you get down the bus locals may offer you anything from sensi, pollen, hash to charas. Sagada is famous for its pollen and hash. its very easy to get any cannabis products here. the police will only catch you if you smoke near the station, otherwise its okay, you can smoke in your room or better yet in the mountains while doing a treck. Sagada is about 14hrs from manila, you take a bus that goes straight to Bagiou the you take another one that goes to Sagada, the ride is pretty rough but when you get there its woth it. The locals speak impecable english.
Banawe- is home to the famous Ifugao rice terraces. It is also home to some sweet hash and weed. Although the locals are tolerant it is somewhat of a second rate Sagada. If you look like you toke kids will come up to you and offer hash.
Pasay- go to 'o farrel street (along park ave.) and ask around for butch he'll hook you up with a sweet 5er. that's about 50grams of weed.

Marijuana prices: It's quite cheap in manila, they sell weed in very small bags that are good to fill a joint, we payed about 100 pesos (2 dollars) for 7 of those bags.

and a recent report added: "Kilo from $380

Qty deals will get 2 to 3 foot "stalks" unpressed. Nice, sometimes seedless, sticky, available next day., quality varies shipment to shipment.

Smaller Deals Quality may vary. Street dealers will charge $50 US for a pressed amount the size of a Marlbor Box."

another reporter added:
"$1=Php 50
1 kilo of brick weed (yuck) Php 3000
1 kilo of unpressed stalks PHP 5000
You can buy a 5er which means Php 500 you get 3-5 unpressed stalks a "tea bag" is about Php 50
hash- php 80 a gram (sagada)
pollen- php 60 a gram (sagada)"

Brands: Sagada sensi
Bagiou gold
Laguna weed

More information: As in all Asia you have to be very careful who you ask, cause sometimes you feel like everybody is just trying to rip you off, but once you meet the right people you will see..:) smoking with filipinos and filipinas is very cool, they are super friendly and you can be quite amazed by the way the think..good luck.

I just got back from segada and the information is incorrect or out of date.
I did not even get to taste a joint and am lucky i am not extorted or in jail right now!

After i checked into the town, yes you have to sign in to segada and dropped my clothes off at my room i went looking for a couple joints.
The people say yes there is smoke and they sent me all over on one wild goose chase after another.

So i decided to try the guide in green and white building just down from the bus station, he said shure no problem he could hook me up with some smoke and i left him a nice tip for his consultation and awaited his call.
He did call me and he asked for a large loan, I knew i was in trouble after my experiences in phils the past 14 months so i told him i would pass on the smoke.
Then about an hour later him and another person (probably the police) started texting saying stuff like you asked to buy drugs you asked for marijuana trying to get me to incriminate myself i denyied it and never admitted anything on text.
They finally stopped after several texts then later as i was walking to my hotel the guide called my name and tried to get me to go in a closed building i could see someone else was in there through the door he started saying you asked for marijuana i just denied it and walked away.

At this point i knew i was lucky to not be set up and decided to just chill and leave the next morning.

What happned next was a complete shock, almost every coffee shop and restaurant i went into in sagada refused to wait on me even tho me and my gf are the only ones there they just stare at me with hatred in there eyes and refuse to wait on us, i dont know what i did to these people but i have never felt so unwelcome anywhere in my life.

So i decided to go back to my guesthouse and see if they would treat me any better and OMG they wouldnt serve me, my filipina gf had to order for me.

From what i have seen of segada they are trying to hang on to there reputation to lure tourists there but if you smoke all you can get is a shirt with a pot leaf on it or some hippy dippy stuff.

In 2007 former president aroyo made it 12 years sentance for simple drug possesion of any drug including the god given herb marijuana.
If you have dirty urine thats all the police need to convict you even if they planted the weed on you.

This is what i can tell you about smoking weed in phils all you can get is bricks of wild hemp that is just mature enough to be half seeds and stems and they are smashed so flat in the brick you have to pick them out by hand and the buzz is not there at all its a complete waste of time for a real smoker but if you like cheap and thats all that matters its $30 to $150 or 1/4 kilo thats right 8 ounces+ of the worse wild weed you have ever seen.

If you come to phils and there are reasons to come here like the beautiful ladies I would suggest you stop smoking and clean up your urine before you come here and never go to known drug places like segada or baguio and never ask for weed or you might find yourself in more trouble than you can handle.

Yes i am mad at segada for how they treated me but i am not grinding an axe i am seriously injecting what happned to me and you can make your own choice to go to segada or not.

coffee shops in sagada have a bob marley picture to show that smoking is welcome in their coffee shop... but who sells it is still a question to
me... i think u be-friend them first "the locals" then you ask... its perhaps with how much quantity u asked that this happened? i think its very accepted in sagada to smoke, but they do assest outsiders etc on character if you are to stay long.. :)

Sagada rocks, if you have the time and patience to proceed gently, respectfully... and safely! Same rules tend to apply anywhere in the world actually. Anyway... thank you Sagada, great place to visit.

hey new on here sent you request would like ti talk i'm in paranaque american married filipino would like to chat about a smoke or two thankd b.

Whats up everybody. Just wondering If Sagada is still a great place to relax and have a smoke. Alot of people telling its not the same as it used to be 7 - 8 years ago. Would love to get some info from people who have just been there. Apreciate all the help thanks.

Back
Top Bottom