Marijuana Nation

Dr. 215

"Wow!" That was my first thought after watching the trailer for an upcoming National Geographic Explorer entitled Marijuana Nation.

I'm keen to reply to the oft ask question 'why is cannabis is illegal?' that if we have a watchdog press regarding cannabis prohibition rather than a lapdog press, there is little doubt in my mind that substantive reforms occur quickly—not over decades, which is what the general pace of reform has been when otherwise intelligent, critically-thinking journalists parrot the government's propaganda, thereby mis-educating (in some cases, regarding some media outlets, outright misleading) the citizenry who rely so heavily on what is supposed to be verified and credible information.

While having not seen the entire product, if the trailer of NatlGeo journalist Lisa Ling's commentary is an indicator, I'm greatly looking forward to viewing Marijuana Nation on National Geographic at 10PM (eastern/pacific), Tuesday, December 2.

Ms. Ling has covered the war on some drugs as a total-hands-on-journalist (a rarity these days!) from virtually all angles, from Colombia to Compton, and her personal commentary regarding what she has seen (i.e., aghast at the high level of military-style domestic law enforcement for cannabis) and believes regarding America's cannabis prohibition laws is Murrow-esque.

Source: Norml.com
Author: Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director
Copyright: Norml 2008

Hmmmm. I wonder why the hell that happened... Damn Feds, seems they really will stop at nothing.

Well i just went on youtube and NATGIO site and youtube said the user has removed the video.... i really hope its still gunna be on tv tomorrow, we could really use the publicity. It looked like a solid episode.

Back
Top Bottom