Marijuana tincture?

William Holden

ok guys
if i'm using very dank buds, how much weight should i use for a 750 of everclear/151/white lightning/whatever the liquor store has?
how long should i let it sit?
how high will i get after 3 or 4 shots of this shit? (not to mention shitfaced)
has anyone done this?
how was it?

Tincture

Re: marijuana tincture? OH YEAH!

I did it with Belvedere Vodka, 1 oz of Manatuska Thunder Fuck shake, put in dark jar, stirred every 3 days or so. The vodka will start turning green. Left it in for 90 days, separated the matter from the Belvedere with strainers and a final squeeze in the leg of a panty hose. I took 3-4 shots and I'm buzzed on the vodka almost immediately, the pot kicks in after about 15-20 minutes. Don't know how long it lasted, I'd say a couple of hours. Hard to discern between the vodka buzz nd the pot buzz, suffice to say, it will fuck you up. I like the Belvedere so much, the tincture only lasted me 10 days. Yes, so yummy.. hm,hm,hmm.. :icon_cool

Re: marijuana tincture? oh yeah again!

Mr. NL.. it was the shake that my kids normally throw away (they don't smoke it nor do I).. The opportunity presented itself and I made the best of it. I could.. so I did. :icon_cool Made some cannabutter for some cookies too. Yumm..

OK, I tried this over the weekend; with some hesitation since I have never had much luck with ingesting herb.

I used 1 gram of very nice blueberry scraps and one ounce of everclear. I used the double boiler method (measuring cup with the weed and everclear) sitting inside a pot of water.

I did not chop or pulverize the bud; i did put the bud in the mircowave 3x 10 seconds on high to activate any last THCA.

I kept my heat between 135 and 146 for about 20 miniutes. I noticed the everclear evaporated rather quickly and added some to the solution a couple of times durring the cooking process.

I also stirred with a fork occasionally.

I ended up with about .7 ounce of tincture which I put in a cup of Coca Cola. The result was fantastic and not dissapointing at all.

A couple of thoughts: For large batches, the jar in the cup board method is going to be the safest. Also, daily shaking is not going to be required, "wicking" is going to saturate the marijuana and the thc will come into solution all by itself.

I am thinking that a gram of herb to an ounce of grain alchol is going to be the best ratio: it will make all future math very easy.

There should be no reason that you cant increase the strenth of the tincture by simply evaporating of the grain alkahol on a low heat. If you know your starting and ending volumes and how much pot you used you could get very concentrated and have dose accuracy.

I read some of the posts - based on my experiance, it would be insane to take more than an ounce/gram dose - but then again, I was blessed with some kind herb.

google "definitive green dragon". Nice, idiot proof, scalable recipe for a dropper strength alcohol tincture.

I used that ^^ recipe for my own purposes with immature bud. With some really good stuff the heating process and ethanol method should be fantastic. If you read through this thread you'll learn what I learned:

I made a tincture from immature weed

i'm just now getting in to the world of concentrates and extracts. ain't the internets grand.

Back
Top Bottom