Need help with tincture

rick2254

need some help on making tincture I have seen so many different procedures for making cannabis tincture.i have about 2 ounces of high grade bud soaking in a pint of everclear for the last month.The bud was in the freezer for about three months before I put in the 195 proof everclear, but I did not decarb the weed. Some say the freezer decarbs the weed. Can I decarb my tincture after I separate the solids by putting in a double boiler with equal amount of honey and evap. the alcohol and have the honey left?There is so many different opinions.Next time I will decarb before i soak in the everclear I live in Oregon and use medicinally and was able to get off of the heavy pain pills (METHODONE) after retiring from a safety sens. position where I was random drug tested for thc.Anyway weed works for me. I just want to make sure that this tincture I am making is going to work and have all the properties of the weed utilized.Anyone who has this expertise and if I can still decarb this batch I would appreciate any knowledge thanks for you help

I did this too! I tried to “cook” it off and thought it would decarb, it did not I do not believe it will. Ardentcannabis.com explained this well sorry but it is now a Non psychoactive tincture.

Your aiming for decarboxylation of your cannabis, typical believed to be 240°F for 40 mins inside a convection oven. This will make your cannabis THC Activated... This is usually done prior to making anything with it.

Welcome to 420 magazine, loads of people here are helpful and can assist.

time does the decarb process naturally,, in about three months i believe,, now,, your 3 month old weed has been frozen,, so i am not sure how that figures into the equation,

Well, if that doesn't work you could try infusing some mct oil (available at whole foods/amazon). I put some bud in a jar, add enough oil to cover it, put in oven at 240 for an hour, turn off oven, remove after the jar has cooled off a bit, let sit and cool some more, strain off plant material through a coffee filter, put oil in a medicine bottle with dropper lid thingy, medicate sublingually!
If only decarbing flower i preheat oven to 240 and put the bud in for 40 min, but for oil infusions (i use the same process for olive oil and cooking oil) i like to put the jar in a cold oven and let it warm and cool with the oven. Also, if there's a lot of air in the jar (say doing a small batch) I'll replace the flat part of the Mason jar lid with aluminum foil and crank the ring down so that if there's too much pressure inside the foil will give instead of the jar breaking.
That one was per Mrs cough request...AKA "there better not be broken glass all over my oven!" LOL

Also, if you're on a low cholesterol diet, be careful with MCT oil, it's pretty fatty hence why it works so well (it's what all the tinctures at the dispensaries are made from)

It depends on what you want to do with it. If you're decarbing to make coconut oil, then decarbing in the oil is pretty efficient. It's how i do my olive oil and cooking oil infusions. Due to Mrs Cough's cholesterol restrictions coconut oil is a no go.
We also grind up decarbed bud and fill capsules with it that work quite well

Yeah - I thought that this would be a good, worry free way to store - less space, no mold, etc. - then you have options - oil, dust, tinctures...
I just keep ours in a jar and fill 100 capsules at a time with one of those pill filler trays from amazon

I make a strong tincture with alcohol and remove all but just enough alcohol to loosen up the oil and preserve it.
The tincture under the tongue starts coming on within 10 minutes or so, not 90 minutes like edibles and its exactly the same every time.
With an edible it could be barely feel it or you got a death grip on the magic carpet.

lll
I just keep ours in a jar and fill 100 capsules at a time with one of those pill filler trays from amazon

me missus and i are doing a dosage experiment right now,, to try to decide which size capsules to buy

we ingested a bit less than a half gram ,, me a touch more

you may have before, but could you share how much you ingest at a time?

cheers

lll

me missus and i are doing a dosage experiment right now,, to try to decide which size capsules to buy

we ingested a bit less than a half gram ,, me a touch more

you may have before, but could you share how much you ingest at a time?

cheers
We usually buy the size "0" capsules and fill them pretty tight. The dosing depends on your tolerance and potency of your herb.
Mrs cough has a higher tolerance but also lives in chronic pain. She takes a capsule every two hours but doesn't necessarily get high but more of a functioning buzz with lower pain level unless she takes one with something fatty like chocolate, then she gets high.
As for me, i could take one and be high as hell all day, but I'm a lightweight. For some reason she takes an hour to feel effects and I won't feel it at all for 4-5 hours, forget i took one and then half a day later I'm pretty tipsy.
Hence why I'm curious about a fast acting tincture recipe that isn't fatty because of mrs coughs cholesterol restrictions.

I make a strong tincture with alcohol
Ditto what Southern said - we need details!!!!! :thumb: Plus - can you use any alcohol!!! We would always stock up when we went down to the States and bring back our limit but don't really drink!!!! So....waddaya think???

Could you share your process? May need to make some
I use an Extractcraft Turbo to extract the cannabis oil.
Need to use a minimum of 190 proof, I use 200 proof Extractahol.

I decarb the bud by breaking it up putting in quart jar with lid on and decarb at 225 degrees for 70 minutes
Leave in jar and put that into freezer overnight.
I pour 650ml of alcohol into another quart jar and freeze that also.
Then do two washes of the bud, strain through a Buchner Filter and run two batches through the Extractcraft Turbo which takes about 2 1/2 hours each batch.
The only slightly tricky part is just stopping the process right at the point where there is just a tiny amount of alcohol left, I like it where once it cools the tincture is like maple syrup.

I use an Extractcraft Turbo to extract the cannabis oil.
Need to use a minimum of 190 proof, I use 200 proof Extractahol.

I decarb the bud by breaking it up putting in quart jar with lid on and decarb at 225 degrees for 70 minutes
Leave in jar and put that into freezer overnight.
I pour 650ml of alcohol into another quart jar and freeze that also.
Then do two washes of the bud, strain through a Buchner Filter and run two batches through the Extractcraft Turbo which takes about 2 1/2 hours each batch.
The only slightly tricky part is just stopping the process right at the point where there is just a tiny amount of alcohol left, I like it where once it cools the tincture is like maple syrup.
Is there a strong alcohol taste in the finished product? And where do you source your extractohol? Is it the same as PGA or everclear?

can you use any alcohol!!!

well i know for sure that i make a tincture out of plain canadian vodka,, it only gets so strong, % alc,, the vodka

problem is, the vodka tincture is not near as strong as the grain alc, or, in my case, iso alc

one can reduce the vodka tincture, burn off the alcohol, but still it only gets to be so strong,, and,, it tastes funny

Is there a strong alcohol taste in the finished product? And where do you source your extractohol? Is it the same as PGA or everclear?
Almost no alcohol taste, and just the very slightest little alcohol burn.
If you leave too much alcohol you will know it, it will be like liquid fire under the tongue.

Just Google Extractahol, I buy straight from the company, its about $100 a gallon but using the Extractcraft i get 95% of the alcohol back

well i know for sure that i make a tincture out of plain canadian vodka,, it only gets so strong, % alc,, the vodka

problem is, the vodka tincture is not near as strong as the grain alc, or, in my case, iso alc

one can reduce the vodka tincture, burn off the alcohol, but still it only gets to be so strong,, and,, it tastes funny
Here in my part of the USA ISO alcohol is pretty hard find and when you can score some it's only 70% and limited to one small bottle per customer.

Here in my part of the USA ISO alcohol is pretty hard find and when you can score some it's only 70% and limited to one small bottle per customer.

yes,, well, is that normal or because of,, well, you know??

iso is a hot commodity round these parts as well, but i have scored the 90+ consistently, so far,,

someone mentioned a auto parts store or a paint store,, by the gallon,, but,, i only go thru so much iso tincture, and i don't really turn it into oil these days,, i just use the iso tincture for pain relief,, anywhere

nice thing about it is it dissipates instantly, more or less, no oil mess or cream mess to deal with

of course,, the fact the dissipation happens so fast probly means less cannabis is being absorbed,, but,, it works for pain, and near no mess

win, win, win

cheers friends

Back
Top Bottom