MegaCrop & Canna Coco: do I need to pH?

triangle

I bought Canna Coco but am quickly learning what a massive pain in the ass it is to always pH to 5.8, very frustrating since the MegaCrop sits around 6.2-6.5 on average after mixing it up!

Do I even need to pH this stuff down to 5.8 if I’m growing in Canna Coco?

I might ditch coco for soil if this is the case because I won’t need to pH anymore , and that alone seems worth it

THANKS FOR READING

I want to ditch coco for soil if I don’t have to pH anymore, usually comes out to 6.2-6.5 after mixing. Incredibly annoying and my Hanna pH pen is so slow!
Ive heard promix hp needs no ph adjustments. Thats what i use and i rarely adjust my ph. Other soil im not sure about

I bought Canna Coco but am quickly learning what a massive pain in the ass it is to always pH to 5.8, very frustrating since the MegaCrop sits around 6.2-6.5 on average after mixing it up!

I might ditch coco for soil if this is the case because I won’t need to pH anymore , and that alone seems worth it

THANKS FOR READING
Nope. I use ocean forest as well. Just water.

THANKS FOR READING
Don't need to be 5.8 exactly anything 5.5 to 6.0 will do. You could always premix couple of gallons and pH down so it's enough for few days. Sounds like a lot of work but it isn't in reality just plan out well

I have KIS Organic Soil!

Does Tad from KIS suggest using fertilizer in that soil mix?? I thought it was plant and water kinda soil. Doesn't probably even need much of anything.... just thinking out loud here.

It keeps running out of juice, not enough stuff in it to take it from seed to harvest unless you keep uppotting to ridiculous pot sizes

Not very good for indoor small tents sadly, so I plan to use the soil until it runs out of juice and then hit it with the MC

I'm very familiar with Tad and his soil mix. I run Coots mix. Coot and Tad are family friends and share the same ideas on soil building. Tad is a seasoned horticulturalist. I find it difficult to hear he's selling soil for cannabis growing that runs out of steam. I can reach out to him and see what he thinks.

What size pots are you flowering in??

Should be water for the win in anything above 5gal size.

EDIT: which soil mix are you using from KIS??

They specifically have a water only soil mix for cannabis and the Coots Mix ingredients you can mix your own (what I do).

Hey lads,

Hope to clear this up

I am a novice grower, experimenting with more than one media, and more than one current style of grow.

Current contenders for best I've tried in soil are the KIS mix (which does NOT have enough nutrition to finish) or simple Canna Coco which I'd feed pH'ed to 5.8

I've basically settled on using the KIS Mix until it runs out of food, as it ALWAYS does, and then changing to a nutrient when the plants show it.

And no, Tad and KIS have not figured out a correct way to supercharge a soil from start to finish unless you're using 7g+ pots which is absurd

I will never buy KIS soil again unless in it's current state. Would only reccommend using it only until it runs out of power. "Infinite Upppotting" or requiring sizes larger than 5gal is ridiculous and wasteful for indoor tent growers. Never again.

Wake me up when Tad figures out how to finish seed to harvest in a 2g fabric

Well 2 gal in organic soil aint gonna ever happen unless you're growing AUTO flowers. That I've done but my yields were as expected in a 2 gal pot.

I dont even VEG in 2 gal I use a #3 or just go from seedling to a 7.5gal pot.

There's a reason he uses 7 gal pots and recommends them.

Living organic soil is going to be the easiest to grow in. But you need at least a 5gal or even better a 7gal pot or larger.

There's a saying: "Bigger roots bigger shoots"; its true.

Growing in a 2 gal pot you may as well head on over to the hydro shop or grow soil-less medium and even those guys use 7gal for Hydro buckets.

Realistic expectations .... don't expect a miracle in a 2 gallon pot. It it what it is.

Farming is work... sometimes we just gotta get our hands dirty and if its a hot day a little sweaty too.

Hey lads,

Hope to clear this up

I am a novice grower, experimenting with more than one media, and more than one current style of grow.

Current contenders for best I've tried in soil are the KIS mix (which does NOT have enough nutrition to finish) or simple Canna Coco which I'd feed pH'ed to 5.8

I've basically settled on using the KIS Mix until it runs out of food, as it ALWAYS does, and then changing to a nutrient when the plants show it.

And no, Tad and KIS have not figured out a correct way to supercharge a soil from start to finish unless you're using 7g+ pots which is absurd

I will never buy KIS soil again unless in it's current state. Would only reccommend using it only until it runs out of power. "Infinite Upppotting" or requiring sizes larger than 5gal is ridiculous and wasteful for indoor tent growers. Never again.

I'm sure you're a wonderful gardener, but experience does help with this indoor cannabis stuff.

I use MC in coco. My well water has very high total alkalinity, makes it a bitch to keep a stable pH. Did you mention what kind of water you're using, what the pH of it is, and what the TA is (Total Alkalinity). If you did I missed it, sorry.

I had to put in an RO system, and with the MC my pH is from 5.6-6.2, depending how much MC I'm using. I'm a pH slider, too, so it suits me and the plants.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you have a lot to learn, and just another of my 2¢, exploring one method at a time may be more productive.

Hey lads,

Hope to clear this up

I do seed to harvest in 1 gallons. Lol

Back
Top Bottom