New grower: Help with canna a and b nutrients

MGD420

Hi, new grower here.

I would like some help and advice using the canna a and b nutrients, I also have the canna calmag.

Plants are growing in canna coco professional with perlite and will eventually be transplanted into 20L hempy buckets with coco, perlite.

I have looked on the canna website for feeding charts but don't fully understand how much I should be feeding and when I should start feeding my plants.

I do have a bluelabs ec/ppm truncheon but again don't really know how i go about measuring nutrients etc with it, what ec/ppm should I be aiming for at each stage etc. Do I test run off or nutes when mixing with the truncheon ?

What pH is ideal for coco. I'm assuming I would mix my nutrients in water first then pH, what about calmag do I need to use it everytime I would be feeding or only on occasion and would the calmag go in before then adding a then b ?

Any and all advice is appreciated

Thanks

Hi, new grower here.

I would like some help and advice using the canna a and b nutrients, I also have the canna calmag.

Plants are growing in canna coco professional with perlite and will eventually be transplanted into 20L hempy buckets with coco, perlite.

I have looked on the canna website for feeding charts but don't fully understand how much I should be feeding and when I should start feeding my plants.

I do have a bluelabs ec/ppm truncheon but again don't really know how i go about measuring nutrients etc with it, what ec/ppm should I be aiming for at each stage etc. Do I test run off or nutes when mixing with the truncheon ?

What pH is ideal for coco. I'm assuming I would mix my nutrients in water first then pH, what about calmag do I need to use it everytime I would be feeding or only on occasion and would the calmag go in before then adding a then b ?

Thanks
I’m confused too. When I look at the Cana mix chart it looks like you use only A during veg and only B during flower ??

@Holla4me

You use equal parts of canna a and b through both veg and flower if following the canna feeding chart. Canna do other nutrients that are specific for Veg and flower like their vega a and b and flores a and b but it's not the same as the canna a and b which is meant to be used throughout the entire grow.

I've moved away from canna now as had much more success with other nutrient brands.

Hi, new grower here.

Thanks
Good morning @MGD420 hope you are well my friend.
I'm sorry I missed this question.
Calmag is required every feeding put in your water first, mix well and let sit for a few minutes.
Then add nutrients according to the schedule, then set your ph.
You want everything to be set at 5.8 exactly.
Feed ever time, no plain water.
Hope that helps a little.
I'm always around if you have any more questions.

Stay safe
Bill

@Holla4me

You use equal parts of canna a and b through both veg and flower if following the canna feeding chart. Canna do other nutrients that are specific for Veg and flower like their vega a and b and flores a and b but it's not the same as the canna a and b which is meant to be used throughout the entire grow.

I've moved away from canna now as had much more success with other nutrient brands.
Which have you moved to ? I want the best outcomes.

65E16F3F-9E1F-49AB-9CA3-279463665AE8.jpeg

So the colour change between veg and bud doesn’t mean a for veg b for flower. So mix equal parts. A first then B then additives ?

I don't think there is a 'best' line of nutrients, just that some may suit your methods/enviro
Any decent nutes will get decent results if used correctly
Do you hand water or use an automatic watering system ? Do you mix you nutes in 10L lots ? How long do they last ? For eg, A & B 1ltr of each. Is it enough for a grow ?

CaMg first, then A, then B leaving a few minutes between adding each
Then add Boost, PK, Enzyme (if you use them) and finally pH to 5.5 - 6.2, 5.8 is the target

I have a drip system but prefer to get in there by hand to keep an eye on them
Once mixed it's good for about a week and yes, 10L batches is easiest for me
1L of A&B goes a very long way in a tent grow and should see you good for several grows

CaMg first, then A, then B leaving a few minutes between adding each
Then add Boost, PK, Enzyme (if you use them) and finally pH to 5.5 - 6.2, 5.8 is the target

I have a drip system but prefer to get in there by hand to keep an eye on them
Once mixed it's good for about a week and yes, 10L batches is easiest for me
1L of A&B goes a very long way in a tent grow and should see you good for several grows
Just bought a drip system for days I can’t be here. But yes I think I’d prefer hand.
Cheers, working this out will be great for my grows. I really appreciate you passing your knowledge.

Canna is one of the best nute brands on the market.
With that being said any nutes i have used correct have given me good results.
But i love shogun being in the uk and wont ever change unless i have to. ;)

Canna is one of the best nute brands on the market.
With that being said any nutes i have used correct have given me good results.
But i love shogun being in the uk and wont ever change unless i have to. ;)
Thanks bro. Just working out this move over from soil. Not having done Coco before. Bit of confusion to work out to make sure I have a good understanding of Nute qtys, so I mix correctly. Feed regime, etc. Been a soil guy. Want to do a winter coco. Been super hot here, been a challenge keeping temps in the tent reasonable.

Good morning @MGD420 hope you are well my friend.
I'm sorry I missed this question.
Calmag is required every feeding put in your water first, mix well and let sit for a few minutes.
Then add nutrients according to the schedule, then set your ph.
You want everything to be set at 5.8 exactly.
Feed ever time, no plain water.
Hope that helps a little.
I'm always around if you have any more questions.

Stay safe
Bill
I'm good bill thanks for the reply. Hope all is good for you too.
The above post was originally posted on my first grow at the beginning of last year and after 2 or 3 weeks I changed to AN and got great results. There is a journal with pics from this grow on my profile. If only I knew that calmag was needed for every feeding with the canna a and b I would have used it as i used the canna a and b for my second grow but the entire grow was a disaster from beginning to end so decided to go back to what worked best for me first time around which was the Advanced nutrients pH perfect line.

I will be starting a new grow over the next few days with some barney's farm LSD, just need to get the tent back up and get things organised.

Back
Top Bottom