Melloman's Organic Mystery Seed Grow 2013 - Newbie

melloman82

Hello folks, this is my first grow and im really excited about it :) The seeds are from a bag of some dank weed i got a few months back that surprisingly had about 1 seed per gram and a half or so of bud. Looking back on that bud..... It was really light green and full of sticky resin and red n orange hairs everywhere! It was SUPER sticky ;) With a fruity yet slightly skunky smell and a nice clean and crisp bowl hit aswell.

The medium:

Half Fox Farms Ocean Forest, half perilite and vermiculite. I have all of the espoma products i think i'll need to feed them later on in veg. I also have espomas garden lime for soil ph / cal mag. Heres a pic

The_medium.jpg

I water with dasani just becuase its purified by reverse osmosis and i test the ph of it at a consistant 6.0 and then i raise it to 6.4 with this. Also i test the soil runoff at 7.0! Is that to high?

Ph_kit.jpg

The light im using is 6, 75 watt equivalent (actually 23 watts) 6500k cfl bulbs. Im gonna add some side bulbs tommorow, heres a rough pic of the light

The_new_prototype.jpg

I had these seedlings growing under that light (propped up by two wooden bar stools and on top of a heat mat for the fist 15 days, untill i got my tent which i have had for 3 days now. So here they are at 18 days young. I hope you enjoy them as much as i do! Growing these little plants has givin me something to look forward to each and every day for the last 18 days, and put a big smile on my face when im feeling down. Please comment and subscribe ;)

Slight_yellowing.jpg
Lookin_good1.jpg
Profile_group_shot.jpg
Group_shot34.jpg

Heres a couple profile pics

Group_shot34.jpg
Profile_group_shot.jpg

Heres the lil gal i call tiny, she seems to be stunted somehow.

Tiny.jpg

This one is wilting:( dont know what to do for her.

This_one_is_wilting.jpg

The tent, theres a fan blowing on the tent there and the room that they are in is set to 70 degrees all day and night. I dont have the money for carbon filters and big lights in vent fans at the moment. There is a couple bowls of water on the floor for extra humidity :) I hope i started this journal properly and hope to hear from fellow enthusiests soon.

Also i had just watered these plants, and i water them only once that soil is drie and pulling away from the cup. A few of the plants are slightly yellowing though :(
Tiny.jpg

Well i guess this journal was an epic fail considering 300 views and not a single comment. Maybe ill try another forum, not really getting any feedback here. Did i start the journal off improperly? Best of luck to all :)

It's been only one day. Give it some time. People are looking in.

Looks like you are off to a good start. I would be thinking about putting them in their permanent home soon.

It's been only one day. Give it some time. People are looking in.

Looks like you are off to a good start. I would be thinking about putting them in their permanent home soon.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing as i was sending that last message. Thanks for the reminder on having patience though :) As far as their new homes go, i was thinking about bumping the soil ratio down to 1/3 FF OF ( instead of half ) and then fill it w vermiculite and perilite the rest of the way. I will probably throw some espoma gardin lime in there mainly for cal mag. I also have the tomato tone and bio tone products aswell, i think the bio tone is out and im gonna go with the tomato tone for veg and flower. But im up in the air about... Should i stick to the bio tone until flower? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

I just pulled tiny out of her pot to check her root structure and now i see i have spots of mold or fungus in her jiffy pot in the soil. Is this ok? Is it mychorizea?

Moldy_soil.jpg

I replanted tiny and and another little plant in a bigger pot tagather with almost the same soil ratio as before

Half FFOF
Half Vermiculite / perilite
Added some of espomas seed starter soil for extra fluffiness, one tbs gardin-lime, and one tbs bio-tone. If they perk up in the next couple of days i'll no the mix is safe for the transplanting of the other healthier gals i have. Heres a pic ;)

Repotted.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom