Mi-Maniac's 1st Indoor Grow - Mix Strain

Re: Mi-Maniacs 1st Indoor Grow - Mix Strain

Forgot to mention, my grow room reaches 92 degrees F at max. Is this too hot?

Darn things can grow almost anywhere, but I wouldn't call it optimum temps. Get it between 65-78F for a decent environment. 65 being the lowest night time temp. The 80's are better than 90's if you are struggling to get it down any lower. Low 80's peak temp will grow fine, just not optimum.

Darn things can grow almost anywhere, but I wouldn't call it optimum temps. Get it between 65-78F for a decent environment. 65 being the lowest night time temp. The 80's are better than 90's if you are struggling to get it down any lower. Low 80's peak temp will grow fine, just not optimum.

She stays steady between 82-86f. Only time it gets up to 92 is when the door stays shut for the whole day, which it never really does.

Update on the plants. Still only 1 confirmed LA Conf. Checked the rest of the seeds, 2 rotted, and one is still slowly coming up. Out of the 13 bag seed plants, 2 are just now showing.

On the bright side, my Mimosa pudica aka Moving plants are starting a 2nd branch. Along with the couple other plants that survived the crash.

oh! RH is at 20%. I lost all but one LA Conf. The one and only survivor has some fat leaves though, and dark. As for the bag seeds, only 7 survived. My problem was over watering.

One problem i am having is that the LA Conf has a thin stem, but the bag seeds coming up have fat stems. Is this just a strain thing? Or what.

I currently have some more seeds in germination =)
Also, i have some good pics for you guys. But, there's no card slot on this laptop so the pics will have to wait until i figure something out.

oh! RH is at 20%. I lost all but one LA Conf. The one and only survivor has some fat leaves though, and dark. As for the bag seeds, only 7 survived. My problem was over watering.

One problem i am having is that the LA Conf has a thin stem, but the bag seeds coming up have fat stems. Is this just a strain thing? Or what.

I currently have some more seeds in germination =)
Also, i have some good pics for you guys. But, there's no card slot on this laptop so the pics will have to wait until i figure something out.

I would prefer 30-45% RH

Over watering is a common mistake for beginners, learn to see the signs and then let it dry.

Is La Conf a sativa, that would explain it. Each strain can be entirely different than another.

Grow On...

The LA Conf is 100% indica. And the rh was at 20% when this morning. As of now, it's 35%.

Now i'm having a new problem. The sprouts with the thick stems are getting about 2 inches tall, and the stems are breaking half way down. So far i've lost 3 plants, and it's getting iritating. Should i raise the plants closer to the light? Are they starting there stretch?

Ok, did some research. I need to lower the light/raise the plants. And put a fan on them to help thicken the stems.

Okie Dokie. No replies =(

Anyway, i got some photos.

Day of putting the lights close to the plants.

1 week of lights being closer.
I've noticed that the plant has focused more on starting new branches over growing taller, which is good.

First two pics are of the LA Conf.

Grow area. Yes, house plants included.
dscn9191f.jpg

Why not?

Hydroponics =D
dscn9190b.jpg

This plant is actually doing really well. I had an extra sprout that kinda slipped away for a couple days without notice. Once i found it, i didn't have an open spot so i wrapped the roots in cloth, put a hole in a bottle cape and put the plant in it.

Anyway. Had 14 plants all together, and all but 4 survived and i dont think 2 of them will make it. I didn't know i wasn't supposed to add nutes to seedlings and sprouts. Burned all of them alive =(

Just keep em going.

Are you ph-ing your water? You should be. Here is a ph chart. Soil you should be 6.5. ph is one of the most important factors in growing. I suggest a digital meter from Oaktron or blue labs. You will also need in your arsenal a ppm meter by ether company previously mentioned. These 2 tools will help make life easier.

These are the meters I use. Get what you think is best and can afford even if its ph strips.

I don't grow soil, but I believe you are supposed to test the water going in/on your plants and then the run off, and work out the difference? or is it poor the new water/nuts in till you get a good run off? Then you keep your run off and mix it with new nuts as not to waist.
You should really do some research in the forums on this. I belive there is also a ph soil meter You may want to start with this one
and then there is this blue labs a little pricey, but if I was going to seriously grow dirt this is one I would be looking at

ph needs to be correct before any other nut deficiency or burns can be diagnosed correctly

I think i'll just see how my first grow goes before i start buying the expensives. Only thing i plan on buying is bloom boost by one of the sponsors here.

I think i'll just see how my first grow goes before i start buying the expensives. Only thing i plan on buying is bloom boost by one of the sponsors here.

Well the one is only 9 bucks and I bet you can get one locally for about the same Active Air 3-Way Meter
Use the ph strips from the local pet store for your fresh nuts and water and check your soil with the cheapo meter

OH NO! I leave my house for a day and forgot to water before i left. Leaves curled up and dry. (This was yesterday). Watered them and the leaves started to come back, but i don't know!

Whelp. All plants dead. Starting new batch soon. Seeds already in germination. Was thinking of going a new route. Have all plants started off in Rock woal(sp?), then putting them in ceramic balls? not sure of the name. Then i'll use a pump to have water constantly running through the balls. I was told i'll fail badly with a deep water culture? Not sure what that means either. But i plan to have the roots not completely submerged in water. Is this a good idea? Or would another/cheaper way be better. I don't want to do soil anymore. But i may have to....

Another question is would i be able to switch the plans from soil to hydro?

No help =( Anyway, 2 plants in soil. 3 living all together. Made a smaller fan for the plants out of a computer fan....not enough movement.

Back
Top Bottom