Michael Phelps Caught Hitting The Bong

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
And after sporting chiefs announced laws which mean four-year bans for drug-taking, Phelps’ dreams of adding to his overall 14 gold medal tally at the 2012 games in London could already be OVER.

Those dreams seemed the last thing on his mind when he puffed from the bong during two days of partying with students last November, a quiet time in the swimming calendar when athletes would not expect to get tested for drugs.

One party-goer who witnessed the star’s behaviour told the News of the World: “He was out of control from the moment he got there.

“If he continues to party like that I’d be amazed if he ever won any more medals again.”

Phelps’ aides went into a panic over our story and offered us a raft of extraordinary incentives not to run the bong picture.

It was on November 6, weeks after his Beijing triumph, that 23-year-old Phelps surprised students at the University Of South Carolina in Columbia by showing up unannounced at a house party.

He was visiting Jordan Matthews, a girl he was secretly seeing who was a student there.

Our source revealed: “Michael came to visit Jordan but ended up just getting wasted every night.

“He arrived with a group of girls hanging all over him. Jaws hit the floor when he walked in. You don’t get many celebrities in Columbia, so when Phelps comes to your party it’s a very big deal.

“He didn’t know many people so you’d think he’d be a little shy. But he was loud, obnoxious and slamming beers from the get-go.

“Every girl wanted a piece of him and every guy wanted to be his best buddy. He couldn’t get enough of all the attention.”

As he basked in his hero status, Phelps knocked back beers and shots of spirits. And when a student offered him the glass bong engraved with red writing, he did not hesitate, says our source.

The 6ft 4ins athlete, in a white T-shirt and navy cap worn back to front, clasped the device in his huge hands and inhaled deeply.

Our source said: “You could tell Michael had smoked before. He grabbed the bong and a lighter and knew exactly what to do.

“He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits. Michael ended up getting a little paranoid, though, because before too long he looked like he was nervous and ran out of the place.”

But the next night, Phelps was out partying again. The source added: “He was right back at it at Pavlov’s bar.

He once described his life, saying: “All you do is eat, sleep, swim; eat, sleep, swim; eat, sleep, swim.”

Last night Phelps’ management team and the sporting world closed ranks over the scandal.

The US Olympics Committee, who have pledged to clamp down on drug use, refused to comment, as did USA Swimming and Phelps’ coach Bob Bowman.

More surprising still was the World Anti-Doping Agency’s refusal to comment, given that they introduced the four-year ban on sport’s drug users.

Phelps, who earned £4million last year in endorsements, has resumed training for the 2012 games.

But there were fears about his commitment when, weeks after the bong incident, he began dating former stripper Caroline Pal.

Phelps is represented by marketing giant Octagon, which works with huge brands such as Mastercard and HSBC. They admitted proven cannabis use would be “a major taint” on Phelps’ character.

Spokesman Clifford Bloxham offered us an extraordinary deal not to publish our story, saying Phelps would become our columnist for three years, host events and get his sponsors to advertise with us.

In return, he asked that we kill Phelps’ bong picture. Bloxham said: “It’s seeing if something potentially very negative for Michael could turn into something very positive for the News of the World.”

He stressed that the swimmer had taken 1,500 drug tests and never failed one.

Until now?

phelps_516_0102_25518a.jpg

*some content has been edited to meet posting guidelines

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: New of The World
Author: Georgina Dickinson
Copyright: 2009 News Group Newspapers Ltd
Contact: Contact the News of the World | News | News Of The World
Website: 14-times Olympic gold medal winner Michael Phelps caught with bong cannabis pipe | News | News Of The World

When I look at that picture, I think it makes the bong look pretty good! There's an athlete at the top of his game, faster than everyone, crazy amount of gold medals... and a bong. It's like when Kellogs puts him on the Corn Flakes box: It makes the Corn Flakes look good by association.

But for some people, it doesn't make the bong look good; instead it makes the swimmer look bad. The swimmer still has the same number of gold medals, he's still as just fast... but now he's bad.

This is a witch hunt, nothing else.

Right on Darkrail, seems untill we enlighten that element of society that No one has really never been hurt by Cannabis and it is one of the best stress relievers I have ever known.....yeah, I am sure that even Mr. Phelps has alot of stress dealing with all the "Hoopla" since his wins.
Cant a guy ease some tention with out everyone making a Mountain out of a mole hill ?

so now tey question m,v is oim out wit a stripper too well at least sex doesn't show up in a pee test and howdoes pot qualify as performance enhancing drug

F*** the multi million endorsements - Michael should SPEAK OUT and get more and better endorsements from the millions of users - MICHAEL, DON'T APOLIGIZE! STAND UP FOR FREEDOM OF CHOICE......grow a pair and speak up.....

Hell Yeah, But I fear he will shut up for the Money.

Strange none of the US news outlets, are reporting this happened here in the US.
They all make it sound like it happened in the UK.
At least that's what it seemed like to me when I saw it this morning.

I think you guys are right. It is the responsibility of every pro-cannabis news source (radio, print, television), to show this story the LOGICAL way. I know, logic is a word that we are afraid of but...

Man earns many olympic medals + Man is put on Wheates box = You eat wheaties you will become a great athlete.

So, if I passed algebra correctly in school that should also mean

Man earns many olympic medals + Man enjoys smoking the bong = You can live one hell of a life smoking weed.

If news stories started printing that then we would begin education our youth instead of filling their heads with... smoking weed = supporting terrorism and going to jail.

bethcya he does it again, this time he'll buy the most expensive cleanser out there. So yeah he needs to stand up for his rights, and say smoking pot is safe and should be legal. So it really should be , i mean look , we got the world greatest swimmer , smoking pot, so it's obviously not all that volatile.

That article is so fucking funny....

The basic jist i got was this:

"How DARE phelps party and have fun as if he was any other 23 year old! why the FUCK is he not in a chamber resting his arms or in a pool training for the next Olympics! He is a disgrace to America!!"

The article was saying how "He was drinking relentlessly and quickly" and how he was loud and drunk and how he handled the bong like he knew what he was doing...

He's 23, he is THE best athlete of our time. He is going to enjoy himself, only human. Also, i doubt he became super aware of mary in the little while after the Olympics....if he could put back a bowl before the Olympics and still get how many gold medals than who the fuck cares...

The biased in this article actually angers me... Im going to smoke a rollie.

Morning news says he may face criminal charges,

One lone crackpot Sheriff trying to make headlines

and sponsors may or may not back out. I wish this could be an avenue for decrim but it could get ugly!

Top four sponsers have already come out in support of Phelps with public statement.

I feared this might go downhill quickly but it seems to be passing.

So the best swimmer of all time, who worked on his sport for 12 hours a day 7 days a week is a cannabis consumer.

Another blow to the myth of amotivational syndrome

Sponsor product list - corrected:
Products by Brand
Looking for product and nutrition information? Click on a link to learn more.

All-Bran® Products
Apple Jacks® Cereal
Austin® Cookies and Crackers
Carr's® Products
Cheez-It® Crackers
Chips Deluxe® Cookies
Club® Crackers
Crunchmania Products
Eggo® Products
EL Fudge® Sandwich Cookies
Famous Amos® Cookies
Fruit Flavored Rolls
Fudge Shoppe® Cookies
Gripz®
Hydrox® Cookies
Jack's® Cookies
Jackson's® Cookies
Keebler® Cookies and Crackers
Keebler® Grahams Crackers
Kellogg's® Cereals and Snacks
Kellogg's Cereal Straws
Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies® Cereal
Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs
Kellogg's® Corn Flakes Cereal
Kellogg's® Corn Pops® Cereal
Kellogg's® Cracklin' Oat Bran® Cereal
Kellogg's® Crispix® Cereal
Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Granola Bars
Kellogg's® Froot Loops® Cereal
Kellogg's® Frosted Flakes® Cereal
Kellogg's® Honey Smacks® Cereal
Kellogg's® Keebler Cookie Crunch Cereal
Kellogg's Live Bright Brain Health Bars
Kellogg's® Low Fat Granola
Kellogg's® Mini-Wheats® Cereal
Kellogg's® Mueslix® Cereal
Kellogg's® Nutri-Grain® Products
Kellogg's® Product 19® Cereal
Kellogg's® Raisin Bran® Cereal
Kellogg's® Raisin Bran Crunch® Cereal
Kellogg's® Smart Start® Cereal
Kellogg's Smorz Cereal
Kellogg's® Special K® Products
Kellogg's® Stuffing Mix
Kellogg's® Yogos® Snacks
Krispy® Saltine Crackers
Morningstar Farms® Veggie Foods
Morningstar Farms® Natural and Organic Veggie Foods
Murray® Cookies
Murray® Sugar Free Cookies
Pop-Tarts® Toaster Pastries
Ready Crust® Pie Crusts
Rice Krispies® Cereal and Treats
Sandies® Cookies
Scooby-Doo!® Crackers
Soft Batch® Cookies
Themed Snacks
Toasteds® Crackers
Town House® Crackers
Vienna Cremes® Sandwich Cookies
Vienna Fingers® Cookies
Wheatables® Crackers
Worthington® Loma Linda® Veggie Foods
Worthington® Veggie Foods
Zesta® Crackers

Best to you each day - ?

So the best swimmer of all time, who worked on his sport for 12 hours a day 7 days a week is a cannabis consumer.

Another blow to the myth of amotivational syndrome

Well....its not really a "myth". Everything we do and the way we do it, who are we is connected to the brain. If you compare a brain scan (mapping the electrical signals) from a sober brain to one which is affected by weed, you'll see the areas which control motivation are effected and become less responsive.

But fuck science.

that pict is great for ROOR !
they should make a special michael phelps gold edition...

it's like michael jordan for nike but FREE !!

Well....its not really a "myth". Everything we do and the way we do it, who are we is connected to the brain. If you compare a brain scan (mapping the electrical signals) from a sober brain to one which is affected by weed, you'll see the areas which control motivation are effected and become less responsive.

But fuck science.

Hi Flank,

I think you are confusing amotivational syndrome with actual intoxication.

There are plenty of highly productive members of society that are cannabis consumers. The prohibitionist uses the term amotivational syndrome to stigmatize and stereotype we plant lovers as lazy, cartoon watching, brainless stoners that have nothing more to look forward to in life than a hamburger flipping job.

I think we could both agree that this is propaganda and not science?

Respectfully,
Soniq420

Hi Flank,

I think you are confusing amotivational syndrome with actual intoxication.

There are plenty of highly productive members of society that are cannabis consumers. The prohibitionist uses the term amotivational syndrome to stigmatize and stereotype we plant lovers as lazy, cartoon watching, brainless stoners that have nothing more to look forward to in life than a hamburger flipping job.

I think we could both agree that this is propaganda and not science?

Respectfully,
Soniq420

Well, no. I was actually talking about how pot effects the brain, and causes the signals to change.

You have to understand my point of view here. I love pot. And i don't agree that just because you are on pot, you will sit on the couch and do nothing for your life. Look at Mr.phelps. However it is scientifically proven that prolonged use of grass does effect the area in the brain which controls motivation.

but lets not argue, this isn't the place for that. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom