Michigan Growers Unite!

OK...no thumb action here for awhile. I know it's been weird. Catching last 30 minutes of Caddy Shack...so many great lines. Question and Ill drop a pic. I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. First concert, who, where, when and what did you smoke inside? Mine was Montrose (Sammy Hagar...right?) at Grand Valley State College, 1975...Columbian Gold...of course the real deal...roll out the seeds and roll up some joints. I think the tickets were $4.50. I was 15 that summer. Check out Space Station#5 with headphones. I cant wait to support more local businesses.
0756C918-3A3D-4D70-9213-46C26B1B70EE.jpeg

Back to weed...there is a lot of bud hiding under those leaves. Took a drive today...always takes me right by the Lake Michigan shoreline right across the road. Will do a 12 lb. brisket Saturday and had a pretty good maple syrup haul this year. Fishing taking priority soon. Will brew a couple batches of IPA and hefewiesen soon...about time we had some summerish weather.
021670E3-E84D-42FF-AAE5-C05AFF39A9E6.jpeg

Summer is coming...we built a 1/2 mile looping trail during lockdown on the property where the top end is an unobstructed view of Lake Michigan...Im across the road...but a nice view. Corleone Kush coming down in the next few days. BIG brisket going on tomorrow...supposed to be 70F and sunny all weekend. Picked up several 16 oz cans from Rebel Brewery this week...will continue to support local businesses. Water day pic....anything else happening?
F598C534-B753-4C1D-8EFD-9A288D79E70C.jpeg

Just finished a 6 plant northern lights auto grow which was interesting. One finished like 80ish days but the other 5 grew straight to the lights at 120ish days. First time with this strain and breader but since I bought 100 pack I guess I have time to figure out.
Thats almost 6 weeks for the five. Or...you found a pheno that finishes 6 weeks earlier than the rest. Thinking about making any seeds? How was the fast one on yield and quality?

Thats almost 6 weeks for the five. Or...you found a pheno that finishes 6 weeks earlier than the rest. Thinking about making any seeds? How was the fast one on yield and quality?
The fast one was about 2.1oz and the whole 6 were about 13.1oz. They all have been chopped and are curing. Id be happy to let you try some seeds of your own if your around the Warren area.

Just had to up pot from 15 gallon, was easier than I though.... Went from hard plastic 15 to fabric 35.... Looks like it was over due... having to water every day, hopefully no longer..... Soon will be same probably, should have ordered a 80+ but 35 was largest they had local....

0731201215[1].jpg

Is there a place I can take some flower to get it pressed, so I can try it out. (Warren Area). I would hate to buy a machine just to never use it.

I know I can go buy some from a dispensary but would rather sample my own product since that is the way I would be consuming it in the future.

Willing to trade some flower or seeds for the opportunity.

Thanks!

Well I hope the dank smell comes back after curing..........

I am smoking some not dry enough White Widow Auto... It stays lit in a doob, but it isnt finished... The taste is well, not ready flavor LOL.

The high is 'A Ok'....

My kid has hid Med card so he has tasted many different strains... Afghan Kush, Skunk #1, Joshua Tree, GG4, White 99, Tropicana Cookies, Blueberry Headband, Dark Star and more. We are kind of on the fence but leaning towards this being the most potent of all, maybe.... Now if you talk about the speed with which it hits you, it's fast, the fastest hitting I have had for sure. I think that leads to the perception it is stronger.

And I hope that dank smell comes back..

My process so far...

Trimmed all fan leaves then placed living plant under 24 hr darkness for 36ish hrs, chopped down plant, rinsed gently with just water (I know there is a way better way, I was rushed), hung plant on string in room set at 69f @ 50% humidity so far 6 days, last night I cut buds off plant and placed them in a drying rack, looking at possibly 9-11 days total (I left all bud/sugar leaves on), after they are dry enough to properly trim they will get trimmed and jarred. (Curing time I would like 45-60 days but we have to smoke so if I keep it long enough to call it cured I will be so used to it I wouldnt be able to tell)

NOTE TO SELF: Stay away from PC this shit makes you type....

Well I hope the dank smell comes back after curing..........

I am smoking some not dry enough White Widow Auto... It stays lit in a doob, but it isnt finished... The taste is well, not ready flavor LOL.

The high is 'A Ok'....

My kid has hid Med card so he has tasted many different strains... Afghan Kush, Skunk #1, Joshua Tree, GG4, White 99, Tropicana Cookies, Blueberry Headband, Dark Star and more. We are kind of on the fence but leaning towards this being the most potent of all, maybe.... Now if you talk about the speed with which it hits you, it's fast, the fastest hitting I have had for sure. I think that leads to the perception it is stronger.

And I hope that dank smell comes back..

My process so far...

Trimmed all fan leaves then placed living plant under 24 hr darkness for 36ish hrs, chopped down plant, rinsed gently with just water (I know there is a way better way, I was rushed), hung plant on string in room set at 69f @ 50% humidity so far 6 days, last night I cut buds off plant and placed them in a drying rack, looking at possibly 9-11 days total (I left all bud/sugar leaves on), after they are dry enough to properly trim they will get trimmed and jarred. (Curing time I would like 45-60 days but we have to smoke so if I keep it long enough to call it cured I will be so used to it I wouldnt be able to tell)

NOTE TO SELF: Stay away from PC this shit makes you type....
Hope you can revive that dankness. My second grow cure was much better than first, but first was pretty good for first. Key for me is to get the trimmed buds into the big cure jars at around 65% RH then burp or dump on paper plates until 60%, then pack Into smaller jars. I like 1/2 oz. per jar and add a small Boveda pack. For initial dry I trim fans and hang whole plants.

238BF4ED-B556-4DC7-8395-2FC03C51D3AF.jpeg
7DBA85A4-B7E2-4444-9982-8EA76F504B6D.jpeg
CB2F5921-06E7-4741-A595-29BA4585CC4D.jpeg
03417409-DDD7-4B99-89C4-7C617D986269.jpeg
D4262654-8D83-4FF1-8A07-ADCCE71E00AF.jpeg
85229D56-74B5-47FA-9D9D-F76FD1196D13.jpeg

Just got my 4x8 set up under two 1000 HID's, poor clone roots are soooo long. Will be finally transplanting tonight, would have done it a week ago but Amazon is full of shlt so I am two weeks late planting, roots are so long in cloner they get pulled into pump!!! Gonna give SOG a try........

P.S. dank didnt come back.... about a day or two after cutting fan leaves the smell left and never came back...(was beasty smelling immediately after choppin those leaves though), it went to the citrus/fruity smell, standard type stuff.... It's pretty decent smoke, but just not where I want to be quality wise...

First auto grow getting close...looking like a nice harvest soon.

C47BDEE8-72A7-4A5E-BA9D-82CA50215FDF.jpeg
My first autos didnt go well, looked good then were fluffy upon drying, flavor was ehhh, strength was on par with dispensaries (which here isnt anything to brag about), only got 1oz per plant.

I may try 1 or 2 autos later inside (mine were outside ) but I think I will stick to Photo's...

Back
Top Bottom