Michigan Outdoor

So what's the bottoms line can I grow outside or not

There is no bottom line, Michigan law is still in fighting mode, meaning everything can be deemed illegal by our local governments and fought in court.

That case I posted showed no one is in agreement on what you can do indoors or out. So be careful and stick to not telling anyone what your doing. There are loopholes right now that will probably get you dismissed but is it worth it to have to fight it out in court, If your retired and have the time/cash and most important the will to fight it through, you can do what you wish.

good luck, Michigan will be trying to clarify the law and remove loopholes in the near future, the same thing almost all new laws go trough.

Growing outside in MI right now is asking for trouble. Also, the Feds do not consider themselves bound by any state law and will take you to jail. As Stebs said the current law in MI is a bit murky and leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Whatever you do be careful.

If you get the 420 newsletters in your email then you probably already read this about Michigan law, Both of these posters shed some light on our state law here and the lawlessness of our police and courts. Interesting posts by both but the second post shows actual written law for you folks caught up in a mess with our police and judges. Stand your ground and fight as the citizens of Michigan made it very clear what we expect and must be followed as the word shall demands it.

Thanks to both of these posters, newsletter link below.

Editorial: Time to Clear Haze Around Medical Marijuana

I have built a 8x8 greenhouse with 12 pretty babies and they are filling up the space and budding comming soon.it has 4 windows for ventilation and a lock on the door.i'm within the law,until harvest. Lol might be a tad over 2.5 limit. But as long as its still on the stalk,its not "usuable pot" cost was less than a thousand dollars counting clone maker and light and ferts.i must not be alone,home depot was out of clear plastic 2 times i went in and the kid working there knew what it was for, he said they had sold a shit load of it. Try it ,outdoor much easier and you get more . Have fun ,i am.

It is all about trying to put fear into us...but think about it there is 100,000 of us and they are busting how many?it is a joke, plant and dare them to come in.what are the chances that they will pick you out of the 100,000. Thats 100.000 and growing everyday. In the end the dog kennel case goes away like it should, but counties do not have the money to go to court because they can not confiscate your property any more

New member here and a new mm user also. I know this is an old post but just wanted to add....

Choppers have been over my house 3 times this year. (I live close to the riverbottoms.) Anyways, I have a neighbor to the north of my house. He had his plants outside in a fenced in area. When the chopper found them and the ground support moved in he wasn't at home but his wife called him and got him back home. After producing his mm card the officers told him that he needed a higher fence that wouldn't allow people to see what he was doing in there, made him put his plants inside his locked shed and left him alone.:thumb:

Regardless of how you want to interpret MI law the feds will come and take you away anywhere in the US. That is a fact which any DEA office will be happy to verify for you.

Statement of fact-It is 100% illegal for individuals to grow marijuana outdoors anywhere in the United States.

OK with you?

Wrong!!! I hate to disagree, but I do know people that were checked out! They hit the first and took the plants because there was no ROOF!! Before they got to the second plot a roof was installed and they never touched any of the 20+ 6foot plants and it's smoking real nice now!!
I suppose it is up to the cops one way or another. The ACT does not say outdoors is illegal !! Just my 2cents!

IMG_0449_1_600x800_.jpg
its locked and enclosed and grows great meds. and its "GREEN" no electric bills

Looks Pretty Sweet!
The only thing I would think about is, can you get thru that clear stuff very easy? I mean if you could poke your fist and walk thru, they might have a bitch and take your stuff!
Of corse if the word is not out about your op then, go for it! That's what got the others checked, loose lips. Chain link is not that expensive, just don't do it in the Front Yard,LOL

locks are to keep friends out, anyone can break into any place no matter what locks them out . but then they are breaking and entering. but i keep a close tab on things and do not live in town.:peace:
law says locked and it is. it is double barrel secure

I am getting ready to move to Michigan and wanted to know when the outdoor season starts there and when it ends. Also wanted to know if anyone has any experience growing outdoors in MI or if it is better to keep it all indoors that far north. Thanks for any input
You can now grow outdoors. I live in SE Mi. and the state police landed in my neighbors yard just about a week ago. He has about fifty plants in a fenced in area in his yard that actually is visible from the street. the fence is covered with plastic and he has cameras setup. They told him he had to put chicken wire across the top so that it is completely enclosed which he did. Its still there and they gave him the okay. Now the feds may not see it that way but so far so good. He has actually been doing it for 3 years and the local PD showed up two years ago and they let him be.

I know someone who grows outside. what they did is buried log the made the permiator of there cage and anchored there fence and pole to it . they went down 2 feet and put fence over the top to enclose it with a lock. and the out about 16" away wire cattle wire for add security and to keep the deer away with camras around it. and the state police gave him the ok. they just come once a year to check on him.

Talked to are county under sheriff about growing in a enclosed area outside. He said as long as its locked completly enclosed secured to the ground cant reach in and touch any of the plants it is ok. Still have to worry about Feds. He said the law reads Enclosed secured area nothing about has to be inside.

If you all go to "radicairuss.com/michigan-supreme-court-decides-growing-medical-marijuana-in-dog-kennel-is-leagal/" you will find it IS leagal to grow outside in michigan.

Requiring that outdoor cannabis plants must
not be "visible to the unaided eye from an
adjacent property when viewed by an individual
at ground level or from a permanent structure"
and must be "grown within a stationary
structure that is enclosed on all sides, except
the base, by chain-link fencing, wooden slats,
or a similar material that prevents access by
the general public and that is anchored,
attached or affixed to the ground, located on
land that is owned, leased, or rented" by the
registered grower and restricted to that
grower's access.
State-qualified caregivers must not have been
convicted of any felony within the last ten years,
or any violent felony ever.

These amendments took effect on April 1, 2013.

I have heard from a farmer (my Father in law) that planting before june will give you more leaves and less produce and after june it will stunt the plants..I have a friend that starts his plants inside on may 1st and plants them outside on June 1st and they grow into monster pounders by mid October!

I would personally use a indica dominant strain in Michigan so it will finish flowering hopefully before the frost sets in:) Solo

Back
Top Bottom