Michigan Outdoor

what about us across the boarder dose anyone have ont. laws and restrics

??? Are you talking about Canada?

I just read something about the government over there talking growing rights away from patients and giving them to big pharmaceutical companies.Is there any truth to that?

I have read about it in a couple different places but one guy said he thought that maybe he could grow 6 total or he was going to anyway atleast.

You know...Alot of good responses here from fellow Michiganders. Glad to see we are so helpful to others!

Anyways. I have a simple 12' x 24' Chainlink Facility. I have 6" Logs that are 16' long buried 4' into the ground and the chainlink is also attached to more lumber that is buried 2' in the ground. I have the north side of my facility against an outlying building on my property. I have Heavy duty barn hinges and latches that secure my Gate with round U-Haul style padlocks. I also have 4 motion lights up and 16 cameras. I have yet to be messed with. And since I have a neighbor about 100' feet away from this facility I took and cut 6 mil plastic into 2" wide strips and weaved them into the chainlink on the 2 sides that he could possibly see. I chose to weave it because the past 3 years with just wrapping it, it was destroyed in mild to high winds. I started my ladies inside, from clone or feminized seed in March and had them 3' tall by May 1st when I put them outside. I have very rich soil as I live in an old cow Pasture, but it is also very clay. I have been slowly working in sand and other soil amendments to break up the clay. So until the soil is where I want it, I cut off the bottom of some 35 gallon totes and flipped them upside down and put 3 bags of FFOF in each and transplanted. Here it is middle of July and I have 7' - 8' Tall Beauties. Growing window is From May 1st to October mid November (if you have established Plants indoors that you have been acclimating to outside everyday). I have other Farmers that put 6" clones out mid May and they are just now hitting 3'. Now on top of this, and looking ahead, I have purchased 1000' OF Military 550 Cord aka Paracord and some Polymer Carabiners and I tied myself a net to cover my facility at 7' high for support. I will be making a second one that will go up at 10' to serve the same purpose. I run 100% Organic indoors and out.

May 15th is the last frost date here in lower Michigan. But there is still a 10% chance of a frost.

If one is doing a stealthy outdoor grow around here we always pull our plants, regardless, by October 1st because that is when bow season for deer starts. You can wait longer to pull them if you feel they will not be discovered by hunters and such. I have never had my plants discovered and/or stolen. And we started the October 1st practice of pulling them by 1982 so that may have played a huge factor in them not being found. That was back in the illegal days. I am now fully legal but still practice the old ways [of stealthiness].

With tomatoes I start them [from seed] indoors 8 weeks before the last frost date. Legal outdoor marijuana grows will be different for each person as to when you should start them indoors to plant them outdoors around May 15th.
Don't forget to take a good amount of time to harden your plants off, or, get them used to outdoor light with UV because most windows nowdays have UV protection built in.

There is no Michigan indoor policy in Michigan law, but the laws here are very subjective, meaning the police do as they please and you are left to fight it out in court. There is a case right now in south west Michigan about someone growing in a locked dog kennel and all Michigan law says is it must be in a secured growing area. They didn't feel it was secure enough being locked in the persons back yard.

Plant out doors in May and harvest in October. :goodluck:

I'm happy they changed the laws on that. Now we can grow in a greenhouse with a foundation a top and a lock:)

Don't know where you get your info from but it surely is legal just has to be locked and enclosed

"The MMMA specifies that a qualified patient or registered primary caregiver may only cultivate marijuana plants in an "enclosed, locked facility." The Act defines an "enclosed, locked facility" to be any closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a qualified patient and/or a registered primary caregiver."

Outdoor growing is NOT legal in MI in any circumstances.

Marihuana plants grown outdoors are considered to be in an enclosed, locked facility if they are not visible to the unaided eye from an adjacent property when viewed by an individual at ground level or from a permanent structure and are grown within a stationary structure that is enclosed on all sides, except for the base, by chain-link fencing, wooden slats, or a similar material that prevents access by the general public and that is anchored, attached, or affixed to the ground; located on land that is owned, leased, or rented by either the registered qualifying patient or a person designated through the departmental registration process as the primary caregiver for the registered qualifying patient or patients for whom the marihuana plants are grown; and equipped with functioning locks or other security devices that restrict access to only the registered qualifying patient or the registered primary caregiver who owns, leases, or rents the property on which the structure is located.

Section (d) in the official legislation. Here. And his thus been in effect since 2008. Make sure you read up on ALL local laws and legislation before you do something that is against state law and changes the legislation for the worse. Regardless of what the police try to do, they are breaking the law themselves by unlawfully arresting someone that is following the law. Your best defense is knowing the law. Most police do not keep up on the legislation about the MMMA, it is your job to know what is legal and not. I keep 3 copies of the legislation laminated and stapled around my facility(inside and out) and replace it when something changes. Small price to pay to be up on what I can and cannot do.

A buddy of mine had a dude [who goes around Michigan and builds these buildings for people] build an outdoor "greenhouse" for him. It's basically a solid 15' x 30' wooden structure with cow panels affixed to it so nobody can break in without a LOT of effort. It works great!

Back
Top Bottom