Michigan please read!

got my house listed for sale in the hopes of moving to mi. so i could get a "green card" and be able to grow my own medicine-it seemed like mi. was the only state not trying to make ridiculous changes to the mmj law and or state/city laws/ordinances to go against the will of the people-now it seems like it might not be the great idea it seemed to be at the time, however in my state if i was to get caught with as little as 1 stem or seed i would be looking at 1-5 years just for possesion since i already have a weed felony--here the
1st offense is basically a slap on the wrist--but don't get caught the 2nd time or your screwed to the max--last year someone in my state approx. 60 miles from me got caught with 25 seeds and they gave her 10 years and called it possesion with conspiracy to manufacture

The same issue bill was proposed here in RI and never made it out of Committee and is currently "shelved."

How do you become a "caregiver"?:hmmmm:
You must first have a clean BCI with NO felony drug convictions for Manual Delivery. Then you must have a registered Patient sign a form that you submitt and pay for designating you as their registered Caregiver. This allows you to grow and recieve remuneration for the cost of producing these meds from the person you are registered to exclusively.

Always ask what the intent is behind anything, who or what gains. In this case, I'd check to see if the dude get funded by the drug company's and perhaps they wanna grow some herb? Second, if thats not the case, then the logical issue left is this is an attempt to restrict the law passed by the good people of the State of Michigan-plain & simple. This guy is a putz, a gimp and promise me anyone from his district to vote his butt out-pretty please????

I would add as I have seen this first hand in RI that the sponsoring legislator will have a financial stake in the operation either directly or obliquely through a front man or organisation, usually non profit. I did forget the "campaign contributions" by those who would benefit from propsed legislation is always a factor to consider also.

:reading420magazine: Did anyone hear anything about the feds compiling a list of the MMj card holders? Someone told me they heard something on WJR radio about it and I'm just curious if anyone else has heard anytihng.:nomo:

i just recently recieved my cashed check from the state. i put myself down as a caregiver. i wont have a grow op up and running anytime soon. i was thinking of signing with a caregiver for 6-9 months until im ready to start germinating.

considering all of the talks in regards to caregivers and new laws possibly changing. do you think changing to a caregiver is a good idea??? i heard people talk about whether the old caregivers will be "grandfathered in". if that would be the case i would hate to take myself out of that loop hole. i was supposed to sign up with a guy tomorrow but im having second thoughts. didnt know if i should wait till after the election for everything to blow over ,just in case.

Good job council members of wyoming michigan.You just banned medical marijuana within your city limits.I went to your hearing or whatever you want to call it last month.First thing council woman said was we will not be answering questions from people in attendance,next thing is if you want to address the board you must state your name and address.SURE I WANT TO STAND UP AND ADDRESS YOU ,BUT NOT GIVE EVERYONE IN ATTENDANCE MY NAME AND ADDRESS.SECURITY HELLO! Anyway 1 council member was on vacation,that left 8 members instead of 9,they voted and tied 4-4 ,voted again 4-4,so they say we will wait till other council member gets back to vote again.Well he is back,BAM now the board is unanimous 8-0 in favor of ban.WHAT A CROCK,so now what the hell am I supposed to do now.I bought all my equipment, set up my operation so i dont have to count on going to walgreens spending a shit load of money on monthly prescriptions THAT MAKE ME FEEL LIKE SHIT. Just to be able to function without pain on adaily basis.The state gave me a license to grow, to take care of my pain, my way! NOT FOR THE CITY TO BAN IT! Now even better is my choice,do I throw my plants out because I DONT WANT TO GO TO PRISON FOR SO-CALLED MFG. GO BACK TO WALGREENS AND RENEW PRESCRIPTIONS AND FEEL LIKE SHIT EVERYDAY,SICK TO MY STOMACH,NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT EATING,OR GO TO THE HOOD AND RISK GETTING ROBBED,SOLD SOME CRAP,OR EVEN BUSTED BY THE COPS.For something I am already legal to do,grow my own medicine!WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!I WONDER HOW MUCH BACK DOOR POLITICS WAS INVOLVED HERE 1 WEEK SPLIT ON MORATORIUM,2 WEEKS LATER UNAMINOUS.Anyone else in wyoming scared shitless right now? What can I REALLY DO? The Grand Rapids Press had a article today about it,a couple of compassion clubs said they were going to fight to repeal it ,but in the meantime I HAVE A STOMACH FULL OF BEEZ.GOD I HOPE CALIFORNIA ADOPTS THEIR PROPOSAL,AND IT PASSES,AND EVERY STATE ADOPTS IT! BOOZ AND CIGS ARE FAR MORE DANGEROUS THAN MARIJAUNA.NOT OPINION ITS A FACT.BIG PHARMACIA GO .... YOURSELF I CAN TAKE CARE OF MY MEDICAL PROBLEMS.SORRY ABOUT THE RANT ,JUST MORE THAN A LITTLE WORKED UP ABOUT THIS!

Every city wants to run things, rule their kingdoms even if their citizens may not want this impostion over their lives. Moreso in the case of legal MM, for this case, start with the citys charter, how it is suppose to do its buisness for meetings. If they conducted the meeting correcty per their charter, then look at the Michigan law on city meetings, see if one or two of the actions were in violation of Michigan law. If any of these were met, you could let the city attorney know so they could stop any ordinace from taking affect (the easiest thing to do).
Off the top of my head, it would be against Michgan law, for a city to outlaw, limit what a citizen could do or not do, once a Michgan law gave a person the right to do something (MM). This I would also bet would be challenaged in state court.
Lastly let the city board memebers knowof oyur displeasure, on a very civil means. Local government is very, VERY who you know, how long you've lived in an area, how much influnence you have in the area, not on what or who is the best canadate. My advice is fight from the legal standpoint, don't argue, state facts.
Get some more info, links and Id also bet many of us here, across Michigan-the US would help, when we sat our pipes down :)]

All I have to say to all of those cities in Michigan that create Bans against the Law, Passed by the People of the Great State of Michigan. You are Violating the MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT OF 2008 and the same Oath you swore to Uphold; as a Judge, Referee, & Keeper of the Peace. {Noticed I did not call them the Police}

Wow this thread is alive with so much Feeling and a backed up by the Truth. Michigan has the Ballz to speak the Truth. Sue every one of the S.O.B.'s for every penny it's worth. They commit Treason against your Rights.. We the People have the Power now it's time to Fight.

Please research your Rights.

:goodluck: and Much Love!!!

I cheer you on my brother's...

:bigtoke::amen::hug::theband: &:bravo::nicethread:

There is no basis for much under the law. I really do love the card that sez I can grow plants.... I've been handcuffed etc. in 1971.... BUT I GOT MY OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD. Each town, township or whatever is having meetings to try to figure out what to do about dispensaries. It is anything but clear except for individual patients... and that's a great start -- one that I would have never thought possible.
I have been very active in the Tea Party here in Michigan... we stay out of social issues but I for one would like to see the Tea Party step up on Laws the tread on our rights.... Right now there are so many assults on our core values that smoken herb ain't gonna make the agenda.
Love the Spirit and the energy... As someone stuck in the 60's Right on Bro...
ReTokerman

Good job council members of wyoming michigan.You just banned medical marijuana within your city limits.I went to your hearing or whatever you want to call it last month.First thing council woman said was we will not be answering questions from people in attendance,next thing is if you want to address the board you must state your name and address.SURE I WANT TO STAND UP AND ADDRESS YOU ,BUT NOT GIVE EVERYONE IN ATTENDANCE MY NAME AND ADDRESS.SECURITY HELLO! Anyway 1 council member was on vacation,that left 8 members instead of 9,they voted and tied 4-4 ,voted again 4-4,so they say we will wait till other council member gets back to vote again.Well he is back,BAM now the board is unanimous 8-0 in favor of ban.WHAT A CROCK,so now what the hell am I supposed to do now.I bought all my equipment, set up my operation so i dont have to count on going to walgreens spending a shit load of money on monthly prescriptions THAT MAKE ME FEEL LIKE SHIT. Just to be able to function without pain on adaily basis.The state gave me a license to grow, to take care of my pain, my way! NOT FOR THE CITY TO BAN IT! Now even better is my choice,do I throw my plants out because I DONT WANT TO GO TO PRISON FOR SO-CALLED MFG. GO BACK TO WALGREENS AND RENEW PRESCRIPTIONS AND FEEL LIKE SHIT EVERYDAY,SICK TO MY STOMACH,NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT EATING,OR GO TO THE HOOD AND RISK GETTING ROBBED,SOLD SOME CRAP,OR EVEN BUSTED BY THE COPS.For something I am already legal to do,grow my own medicine!WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!I WONDER HOW MUCH BACK DOOR POLITICS WAS INVOLVED HERE 1 WEEK SPLIT ON MORATORIUM,2 WEEKS LATER UNAMINOUS.Anyone else in wyoming scared shitless right now? What can I REALLY DO? The Grand Rapids Press had a article today about it,a couple of compassion clubs said they were going to fight to repeal it ,but in the meantime I HAVE A STOMACH FULL OF BEEZ.GOD I HOPE CALIFORNIA ADOPTS THEIR PROPOSAL,AND IT PASSES,AND EVERY STATE ADOPTS IT! BOOZ AND CIGS ARE FAR MORE DANGEROUS THAN MARIJAUNA.NOT OPINION ITS A FACT.BIG PHARMACIA GO .... YOURSELF I CAN TAKE CARE OF MY MEDICAL PROBLEMS.SORRY ABOUT THE RANT ,JUST MORE THAN A LITTLE WORKED UP ABOUT THIS!

It seems most hub bub is about dispensaries. If you stick by the rules of growing and you are a patient you have no concerns. The only absolute by any rule way to grow is inside... and no one is ever going to know but you and whomever you tell... I don't see any real problem beyond dispensaries and I cannot afford to go buy pot... so in my little world I don't care. If you have land and it's private and secure grow what you will and you are not going to get in trouble...

There is such a huge financial gain for "our" congress that they will find a way to make this happen. The few 10 or so growing facilities will pay them whatever it takes because it is in there financial well being to do so. They are not worried about our health or anything else, But just there bottom line. Us "LITTLE" guys will be screwed and once again the big pharmacutical companies will have a HUGE payday at my and our expense. The so called tea party will not step up on this and those who do will end up in jail just like marc emmory and those like him. We will remain an underground institution who is taken advantage of for those who have a financial gain or a POLITICAL gain, those two being one in the same.

The doctor I went to made $12k in an afternoon. The State was $540,000 in fees in April or thereabouts in Michigan. Basic rights are at risk right now... so do what you can with what you have... and be Joyous

Sheesh. Glad I am in Macomb County not Oakland. BTW for those interested,I was told to contact the Oakland County ACLU,pertaining to the illegal seizure of medical records of MMJ pts by Oakland Co. Sheriff. They told me they would not be taking the case. Thanks,ACLU! You protect terrorists but not American citizens' rights? We still have to be very careful,in spite of the voters wishes. Dudette

Have you thought about one of those free lawyers. HIPA laws still limit who can have access to someone elses MR's.
A person could file a freedom of information request to see if any MR are kept by the gestopo, the police who broke into the dispensary. The police could have them, once they do they should've been secured an noone shouldve been allowed acess. Something to think about?
Dude having my MR out there would make me paranoid. :peace:

It seems if there is not one there is always another way for the government to stomp all over our rights as citizens. I will never give my medical records to any establishment outside of my doctors office just as a precaution. Even the Feds are trying to stomp on state law :reading420magazine:

Feds want Michigan records in medical-marijuana probe, challenging federal versus state laws

Federal agents want Michigan to turn over medical marijuana records as part of an investigation in the Lansing area, a sign that voter approval won't stop federal authorities from enforcing their drug laws.

Michigan voters agreed in 2008 to legalize the use of marijuana in treating some health problems.

But "the cultivation, possession and distribution of marijuana remains illegal under federal law," Assistant U.S. Attorney John Bruha said in a court filing last week.

The U.S. attorney's office has asked a judge to order the Department of Community Health to comply with a subpoena for records of seven people with medical marijuana or marijuana caregiver cards. The state has been resisting turning over the information because of a privacy provision in Michigan law, Bruha said. No names or identifying information about the seven are included in court documents, nor are details about the Drug Enforcement Administration's investigation.

DEA spokesman Rich Isaacson in Detroit wouldn't comment about the case Monday but said agents generally are "not targeting people that are unambiguously following the state medical marijuana law."

"The DEA targets large scale drug trafficking organizations and does not expend its resources on individuals possessing 'user amount' quantities of illegal drugs," he said.

The federal government apparently hasn't been in a rush to get the information: The subpoena was given to the Department of Community Health in June.

More than 45,000 people in Michigan are registered to use marijuana to ease the symptoms of cancer and other health problems. They can have up to 2 1/2 ounces of ready-to-use pot and up to 12 plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. They could also choose to have a registered caregiver grow the drug for them.

Law enforcement officials have panned the law as poorly written, and an appeals court judge has called it a "maze." The American Civil Liberties Union is suing cities over anti-marijuana policies.

Feds want Michigan records in medical-marijuana probe, challenging federal versus state laws | MLive.com

Legislation to End Federal Marijuana Prohibtion

​The first bill ever introduced in Congress to end federal marijuana prohibition is coming on Thursday, June 23. Historic, bipartisan legislation which would end the United States' war on marijuana -- and allow states to legalize, tax regulate and control cannabis commerce without federal interference -- will be introduced by Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).

Co-sponsors of the bill include Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.), and Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.)

The legislation would limit the federal government's role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or interstate smuggling, allowing people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal.

Leading critics of the war on marijuana will explain the legislation's significance for state and national marijuana policy at a national press teleconference on Thursday.

A group of police and judges who fought on the front lines of the failed War On Drugs is announcing its support for the legislation, which is called the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011.

"Clearly the 'war on drugs' has failed, and nowhere is that more clear than with respect to marijuana," said Neill Franklin, a former Baltimore narcotics cop and executive director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP). "It baffles me that we arrest nearly 800,000 people on marijuana charges in this country each and every year at taxpayer expense when we could instead be taking in new tax revenue from legal and regulated marijuana sales.

"Making marijuana illegal hasn't prevented anyone from using it, but it has created a huge funding source that funnels billions of dollars in tax-free profits to violent drug cartels and gangs," Franklin said. "More and more cops now agree: Legalizing marijuana will improve public safety."

Photo: Jimmy Carter Library & Museum
Former President Jimmy Carter: "Maybe the increased tax burden on wealthy citizens necessary to pay for the war on drugs will help bring about a reform of America's drug policies"
​Last week marked the 40th anniversary of President Richard Nixon's declaring war on marijuana and other drugs. In an op-ed in the New York Times last week, timed for the 40th anniversary, former President Jimmy Carter called for reforming marijuana laws.

The legislation also comes on the heels of the Global Commission on Drug Policy, which released a report on June 2 calling for a major paradigm shift in how our society deals with drugs, including calling for legal regulation of marijuana. The report sent a jolt around the world, generating thousands of international media stories.

The Commission is comprised of international dignitaries including Kofi Annan, former Secretary General of the United Nations; Richard Branson, entrepreneur, founder of the Virgin Group; and the former presidents of Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and Switzerland. Representing the United States on the Commission are George P. Shultz, Paul Volcker and John Whitehead.

More than 46 percent of Californians voted last year to legalize marijuana in their state, and voters in Colorado, Washington and possibly other states are expected to vote on the issue next year. In the past year, five state legislatures have considered legalizing marijuana, including California, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Washington state.

Sixteen states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for medical use, but the federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) continues to arrest people under federal law, and U.S. Attorneys have in recent months sent threatening letters to state policymakers in an apparent attempt to meddle in state decision-making.

Rep. Frank's legislation would end state/federal conflicts over marijuana policy, reprioritize federal resources, and provide more room for states to do what is best for their own citizens, according to the Washington, D.C.-based Marijuana Policy Project (MPP).

You can write to your Representatives by using this handy form; just enter your state and zip code, and mention that you support the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Or, if you'd prefer, you can use MPP's pre-written letter, which will automatically go to your representative when you fill out the form, by clicking here.

What: Tele-Press Conference on the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011

When: Thursday, June 23, 2 p.m. EST/11 a.m. PST

Call-In Info: 1-800-311-9404; Passcode: Marijuana

Who:
- Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.)
- Rob Kampia, executive director of Marijuana Policy Project (MPP)
- Aaron Houston, executive director of Students for Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP)
- Allen St. Pierre, executive director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML)
- Bill Piper, director of national affairs for the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA)

Please call or email your person in Congress to support this Bill!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom