Michigan please read!

Michigan Hah! Michigan is a Joke!
Did you know fact: Our legislators are the 2nd highest paid in the country! Cali is #1
Did you know that the GOV's primary interest is money?
I wonder what they'll do with the 8 million dollar profit, (that was to be nonprofit) for the state MMMP licensing. Go for more! thats a fact. Move out of the way NIDA, Michigan wants the money the state will grow better dirt weed.

I want to become a lobbyist not for the money, for the people!

Dude your right, those we've elected have forgotten why they're in office now and trample on us in favor of the oil barons, paper barons and the po-po we pay to park off the side of the road and wait for us to go five over then ticket us. There has got to be a better way, the system is broken I agree but to bitch doesn't do anything-not one damn thing. I've lived all over the country, born in MI, back in MI wish I didn't but when I got out of the military I didn't know any better. Love my state-its beautiful, and the people, weather are great.
So what needs to be done is people need to take our state back, one word at a time. You my friend are a lobbyist, albeit an unpaid one at this point-but you've taken the first baby step...now go out and tell others the bullS@**T which is destroying our great state. How a nerd business man is taking money from the poor and playing Robin Hood, giving money to his crony's while we the people are struggling.
Public enemy said it first-fight the power, one word, one vote at a time.
:bravo:

Here is a good way to do it...

Okay our leaders are uptight, some vote along party lines and wouldn't vote for MMJ to save their momma's life (no offense to anyones momma). But, if we phrase it likey this:

Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011
There is bill pending to end federal intervention in Marijuana, introduced in 2011, supported by another Michigan legislator. This bill would enforce state rights, would reduce federal spending, limit federal outlays for non-mandated (state) requirements where the states rights, should prevail over federal intervention.
This would help reduce spending, cut costs and lower budgets at a time we need all the help we can in Washington, while at the same time reducing costs incurred by states.
I support this legislation and ask for your support in reducing the deficit

It reduces spending, reduces debt, lowers costs and states rights! Never once do I mention suffering, pain ect (I wonder if they care?). Money? You bet. Give it a shot, change the words, send it out!:high-five:

From what I've been reading in the news, the Republican Senators, Congressmen,etc are the ones fighting against the use of medical marijuana. If they wish to retain their positions in government, in my opinion they need to be a little morecompassionate with those of us that are sick and in pain. Those of us that are not touched by the FDA approved medications. It seems to me that the more compassionate officials seem to be the Democrats. I'm conservative in my political views but if these officials continue to harass and give those of us that are hurting a hard time, I will change my voting to include the officials that support medical cannabis. How can you say that you're compassionate and conservative and vote to take away the only medication (medical cannabis) that works for millions of people? It's time the officials got off their high horses and listen to what their constituants need. Stop harassing sick and helpless people! I for one will change my voting if these officials continue to harass us.

as i have not read the stipulations on on this i can not say if it is a good thing or bad thing think about it if they reduced the prices and grew all the plants to peek performance it could not be a loss in jobs in average this could also make the plant more available and possibly create more job but yes this would be a high risk this is just my 2 cents from contracts i have negotiated in the UAW

got my house listed for sale in the hopes of moving to mi. so i could get a "green card" and be able to grow my own medicine-it seemed like mi. was the only state not trying to make ridiculous changes to the mmj law and or state/city laws/ordinances to go against the will of the people-now it seems like it might not be the great idea it seemed to be at the time, however in my state if i was to get caught with as little as 1 stem or seed i would be looking at 1-5 years just for possesion since i already have a weed felony--here the
1st offense is basically a slap on the wrist--but don't get caught the 2nd time or your screwed to the max--last year someone in my state approx. 60 miles from me got caught with 25 seeds and they gave her 10 years and called it possesion with conspiracy to manufacture

b4 you move you might want to read the michigan law on having a felony weed charge as you`ll need an attorney to help you get a card. just a heads up

b4 you move you might want to read the michigan law on having a felony weed charge as you`ll need an attorney to help you get a card. just a heads up

Only if you want to be a caregiver as I understand it. The mmj card is available to all.

as i have not read the stipulations on on this i can not say if it is a good thing or bad thing think about it if they reduced the prices and grew all the plants to peek performance it could not be a loss in jobs in average this could also make the plant more available and possibly create more job but yes this would be a high risk this is just my 2 cents from contracts i have negotiated in the UAW

Now this is part of the problem!! The owners of the dispensaries are getting RICH and want patients to help them out!! It'll be a COLD DAY IN HELL before I pay 400+ for a bag of any smoke. And I hear they have lowered the prices by @ 50% That's a GOOD THING. I'm looking for the 100 dollar AK, kush or whatever. Then I'll stop growing my own,maybe! I surely won't be giving up my right to any caregiver that wants my 12 and to only give a bag a month? Come on, where's the compasion in that? Greed, Greed, Greed, those that got in on the ground floor do not want any more compotition selling high dollar meds.
Hell in Flint you have to pay a membership to get in to the club? Keep your club and stick it. Commerical weed on the street is down to 100 bucks, why would anyone pay 400.
As far as the politics, I ask are there any "public servents" that make less then a million a year? State, Federal, why would a Doctor or Lawyer go into politics?? Must be the MONEY!!! And of corse the bennies, I think KILDEE is going to knock down @ 200,000.00 a year retirement form our state and the guy and his family haven't lived in the state in over thirty years. Stabmenow and Stabmelater is working toward the same outcome.
Stab me again is about as useless as tits on a bor hog! USELESS!!
There is not one, NONE of our elected officials told the truth about anything but a tax increase. Why, you may ask? So that the public service agents can continue to reap more pay and bennies then the people that pay for theirs!!!
The time is coming when the TAX FUNDED PAYROLL AND LEGACY COSTS will completly eliminate the middle income families and they will be reduced to peasants. or piss ants to the rich.
You will recall all the bailout went to wall street and the public safety, and schools! ALL TAX FUNDED! Hell I been paying school taxes for the last 40yrs and have yet to use any benifit. I have no kids in school, why should I pay anything? Because school admin. needs to get paid and retire with an upper income, that's why!!!
This has been a big rant and it's a shame that most people do not realize that they are getting SCREWED by big brother! Scrare tactics are their best weapons along with the media!!! Who are in bed with government!! The first cuts anywhere in the country are always going to be reported in public safety, Cops, Firefighters, to get the people feeling BETTER about paying more as long as it's for "PUBLIC SAFETY" but they were lied to! It's really about the LEGACY COSTS of those public servents. If the GP (general public) had a clue, they would revolt!
I cannot beleive that all the non-tax funded voters continue to allow tax-funded employees these bennies that they themselves will never get even a fraction of. In Mi. most county employees retire with 6 figure incomes!! Then get a BIG pay raise when SS kicks in!! Like they need it, when people struggle to make it in a regular JOB.
Guess I had better sign up for college and the public service degree!!!
I could hardly beleive there was such a degree! Sure is!!
Was just going to be my 2cents on the MI deal but this is happening all across the country. The assholes in power have got to keep the GP in the dark about what is true and what is not and the media has sided with the GOV.
I really don't think I know anybody making $250,000.00 a year! OH, except those Dispensary OWNERS!

Okay, folks, I am really confused. All I have heard for years is to 'Legalize Pot'. When you legalize something, doesn't that automatically bring the Government in for regulation? My thoughts were that it would be better to de-criminalize it rather than legalizing it. To make it legal will bring it under the law (including tax laws and laws too many to count...I am sure the gov is salivating by now). To de-criminalize it would possibly keep them out of the picture? IDK....I am new to the whole medical thing since now I need it and have no clue how to get better. Guess it's just MHO. Peace & Love!

Convicted felon here. No problem getting card. I heard its difficult to become a caregiver with a felony but I'm going to try that too.

As of Feb. 8th 2013 we just read the dispenseries in the state of Michigan will be totally illegal. Interesting how the government is willing to let us grow but not willing to let us share with other patients. If the dispensaries would have charged sales tax and turned that over to the state it might have gone the other direction for us in Michigan.

As of Feb. 8th 2013 we just read the dispenseries in the state of Michigan will be totally illegal. Interesting how the government is willing to let us grow but not willing to let us share with other patients. If the dispensaries would have charged sales tax and turned that over to the state it might have gone the other direction for us in Michigan.

I'm confused as to what is going on here! You can 'light up' in Grand Rapids if you are willing to pay a small fine but now they are shutting things down? What is going on? Are the Feds and the State engaging in a pissing contest or what? Good grief! We need to get things back in order...why were we not paying taxes on the dispensaries in the first place? No one aware on how much revenue this could generate? Hope they open back up soon.....this is ridiculous! Time to start my own 'garden'..........jerks!

:: Ok a couple things here ,1 Really nothing has changed. The ruling says patient to patient sales are illegal..So this is where it gets confusing are patient to patient transactions illegal or just cash sales? Now we all know that despensery and patients to patient transactions are donations. This is where the second part comes in there is no tax on donations. If the despensery were to pay taxes they would basically be incriminating themselves for sales. Also its a plant not sure if its a taxable item (yet). This has all been played out in California and look at the mess going on out there.

:: The despensery that there are are all located in communities that tolerate them and if they didn't want them to be there or don't in the future they would or will be gone. Give it time they'll be up and running till the next road block hits.

The same issue bill was proposed here in RI and never made it out of Committee and is currently "shelved."

You must first have a clean BCI with NO felony drug convictions for Manual Delivery. Then you must have a registered Patient sign a form that you submitt and pay for designating you as their registered Caregiver. This allows you to grow and recieve remuneration for the cost of producing these meds from the person you are registered to exclusively.

I would add as I have seen this first hand in RI that the sponsoring legislator will have a financial stake in the operation either directly or obliquely through a front man or organisation, usually non profit. I did forget the "campaign contributions" by those who would benefit from propsed legislation is always a factor to consider also.
So that would only be Felony drug convictions? Because i do have poss charge but it is just a mistermeaner.

the pot industry is the ONLY industry hiring in Michigan.Call it a jobs program and it has a chance.I feel sorry for the dispensaries workers out of work, even though I never used them.In fact I'm in agreement with the A.G., the only way by law to get your meds is to grow them or have caregiver grow them........I can live with that.

Back
Top Bottom