Milk for PM

Maryliu38

420 Member
I have seen a lot of people’s plants has PM during flowering. All the buds has PM, they threw away. We grow in greenhouse in Oklahoma, weather is so bad, has been raining for two days, humidity is way too high. I m about to flower, should I spray some non fat milk to prevent, even just a little to help? Any suggestions, also when to spray the dilute milk,12 day or before 12 sleep? Thank you!!

Hey Maryliu,

Welcome to 420, I’ve read that milk can be used but maybe hang out to see what replies come in.

So maybe lollipop lower limbs to create more air space between soil and plant. Micronized or wettable sulfur is cheap, kills mites, prevents pm & rust. It can be dusted on or mixed with water for foliar spray. If you are dusting then wear a mask and regardless of application method then you will need bud washing to remove sulfur residue at harvest. Most growers here bud wash everything anyway - I know I do. Nope bud washing won’t knock the trichs off either since they are sticky like glue

don’t know if you have adequate ventilation fans in greenhouse so it’s prolly best to spray early AM, if you spray at night then perhaps it takes longer for foliage to dry

my 2 cents, I’ve never had pm so please consider all other opinions too

Hey Maryliu,

Welcome to 420, I’ve read that milk can be used but maybe hang out to see what replies come in.

So maybe lollipop lower limbs to create more air space between soil and plant. Micronized or wettable sulfur is cheap, kills mites, prevents pm & rust. It can be dusted on or mixed with water for foliar spray. If you are dusting then wear a mask and regardless of application method then you will need bud washing to remove sulfur residue at harvest. Most growers here bud wash everything anyway - I know I do. Nope bud washing won’t knock the trichs off either since they are sticky like glue

don’t know if you have adequate ventilation fans in greenhouse so it’s prolly best to spray early AM, if you spray at night then perhaps it takes longer for foliage to dry

my 2 cents, I’ve never had pm so please consider all other opinions too
Thanks!

I have seen a lot of people’s plants has PM during flowering. All the buds has PM, they threw away. We grow in greenhouse in Oklahoma, weather is so bad, has been raining for two days, humidity is way too high. I m about to flower, should I spray some non fat milk to prevent, even just a little to help? Any suggestions, also when to spray the dilute milk,12 day or before 12 sleep? Thank you!!
@Ganjagrandaddy
Funny you just mentioned this today!

NTH

Use citric acid, the thought of spraying milk grosses me out.
I don't know why using milk would be a problem. I find sulphur to be the thing that causes me problems. Not grossing me out or whatever but actually making me feel start to feel sick just by the smell like I am allergic. The sulphur sprays are strong enough that I can taste them by walking into an area that has been treated.

By the time milk is mixed with water and sprayed it is hard to consider it milk anymore. In the long run, 'milk' might just be the most naturally occurring product to use for Powdery Mildew treatment. Milk is also considered to be more effective in treating for Mildew than any of the commercially available or any of the chemical products.

It is the naturally occurring lactic acid in the milk that is one of the best weapons against the fungus that causes the Powdery Mildew. Probably the next best is a cider vinegar (not white vinegar) and water mix. Also on the list are the sulphur sprays. At the top of the list is the sulphur burner which is some sort of contraption used by professional growers of just about anything that can be grown in a greenhouse. Sulphur burners can be expensive.

We grow in greenhouse in Oklahoma, weather is so bad, has been raining for two days, humidity is way too high. I m about to flower, should I spray some non fat milk to prevent, even just a little to help? Any suggestions, also when to spray the dilute milk,12 day or before 12 sleep?
@013 is right about the best time to spray being in the morning. This gives the spray a chance to dry out on the plant before the evening when the humidity tends to start going back up.

I have fought Fungus Gnats and those where a breeze to get rid of. I have had Spider Mites and those were a bit tougher but still relatively easy to get rid of. Then the little teeny tiny Russett Mites, a bit harder but they are gone. That Powdery Mildew is a whole 'nother thing entirely.

Do a web search, either Google or your favorite search engine, and read everything you can about Powdery Mildew especially articles out of agricultural schools and universities. Read up on how it spreads and why sometimes the rain is better than a dry sunny day to slowing down the spread of the Mildew. Find out why a dry day can cause a sudden acceleration of Mildew showing up on plants several days later.

Follow up search using the search box on the 420magazine message board will turn up suggestions on the many different sprays that are made by the sponsors and are often available at local gardening stores, hydro shops and grow shops.

I had been planning on re-arranging my basement grow room. Powdery Mildew and another problem forced me to take every plant outside to the patio where half of them went into the trash. The rest will probably become mother plants for awhile and then be headed for the trash.

Hi all. sorry to butt in with this but may help. I did a grow using the excess breast milk from my youngest daughter. I was gutted when she weaned before I had finished but harrowing the wife to keepntje plant supplied would have been "an ask too far!!". lol I then began using the follow-on powdered formula mixed into the water. There was never a smell as the enzymes break down very quickly and get used up. The plants thrived on this . I then began researching more and found a lot of positives about using milk and some farmers use raw milk to help fertilisers increase their yields by 20%. Further reading had me finding the solution to many soft bodied pests and mould killing wonder spray !!. I have used a 20% milk( raw milk ideally but full fat worked too) to 10 parts water for both killing soft bodied pests ( outside lungs are blocked) and even more impressive the same mix will not only kill bud rot on contact but also prevents further mould being able to form ( causes spore to try to self-mate and die off) This can be sprayed directly into the buds and ideally to the stems underneath them where it starts initially. It can be used prior to the buds getting fat and holding moisture to help prevent it if conditions are damp and warm. Amazing natural remedy. leaving tobacco in water overnight then using the water diluted also kills pests with no ill effect on our ladies.Hope it helps. Below is a link to the grow with breast milk too. Will bebteying again soon as new son due any day in the next few weeks. exciting times. Good luck
Thread 'Viva Sativa: Knockout, Red Diesel, Purple Envy & Honeysuckle Shoot Out - Powered By Breastmilk & Plagron' Viva Sativa: Knockout, Red Diesel, Purple Envy & Honeysuckle Shoot Out - Powered By Breastmilk & Plagron

Back
Top Bottom