Miracle Gro Nature's Care With Water Conserve

Here's the way I see it, my plants are getting a great deal of the stuff they need all for 7$ lol

As a one off experience I totally get it. If you are still using this on your fourth grow I would be shocked. Long run it makes no sense financially, health, or results wise.

Oh yeah there's sense in it, when your in a wheelchair with no money.. A 7$ bag of soil 3$ bag of lava rock 10$ bottle of dyna gro 14$ bag of mycorrhizae 14$ bottle of liquid karma... You got something mighty tasty, mighty cheap.

I found that soil to be too compact. Probably would be better to add amendments to loosen it up. I have much better results with MG moisture control. The coco in it works great

Im using it because i had to to grab soil last minute and it was the only organic soil that home depot had in December. I blended it with promix and lots of coco coir and some steer manure. I must say im pleased so far. My green crack is a heavy feeder. I run my canna nutes full strength with zero sign of burn or any other issues. Im week 2 day 6 in flower.

There is nothing wrong with using miracle grow soil. I use it a lot and it's fine. They have no more fungus gnats than any other soil. You gotta remember, these bags sit in storage for months on end. Usually outdoors. That's where the gnats come from. If you don't like miracle grow because it's owned by Monsanto, I dig it. There are a lot of soils that are made by other companies and they are just as good as miracle grow. But if you are on a low budget, miracle grow rocks .

If your plants die because you used miracle grow, it's because you did something wrong. If your plants died because you used fox farm, it's because you did something wrong. If your plants died because you used any other soil, it's because you did something wrong. It had nothing to do with the soil. Unless of course you happened to buy a bag that had a gallon of gasoline dumped in it.

There is nothing wrong with using miracle grow soil.

Sure there is - you're giving money to the Scotts Miracle-Gro monster. I won't go so far as to say that one might just as well give part of the money they spend to the government and ask that it be spent on the "War on Drugs," but we do have a responsibility, you know.

Sure, it'll work to one degree or another. I quit using Miracle-Gro products years ago when I learned about nutrient ratios, the different forms of nitrogen (ammonium, nitrate, urea), et cetera. However, after learning about the corporation itself, I don't think I'd buy their wares if they were proven to be the best things in the universe to grow cannabis with. I can get Osmocote Plus really cheap, and did a few years ago. Then I learned who owns the brand :( . When Scotts Miracle-Gro bought General Hydroponics via its wholly owned subsidary, I stopped buying GH products. (SM-G formed Hawthorne Gardening Co just a few months before purchasing GH, Bio-Organic Solutions, Inc., and some other companies that have long been used in the cannabis-growing industry - one could almost think that this was done solely for the purpose of hiding who really owns those companies... and one would be correct.)

I didn't throw away the Osmocote Plus or the General Hydroponics products that I already have. Since SM-G already has my money, that'd be silly. As silly as the people who got mad at the French a while back, so they bought a bunch of French wine just to be seen pouring it out, I suppose. <SCRATCHES HEAD> People must think that the people that threw an entire shipment of tea into Boston Harbor back in 1773 bought it from the East India Company prior to doing so, I guess, lol? Anyway, I'll also use what other people have already purchased and give to me for one reason or other. But if someone offered to buy any of it for me, I'd tell them not to.

<SHRUGS> Y'all can - and probably will - do what you want. But you should be aware of where your money goes, and the harm that it often does.

Here's the thing and it's probably true for most of the cannabis community. But for me, it's completely a $ thing, I don't have much, but when t can scrape together 8$ for a bag of natures care organic, that has a bunch of good shit in it. and put a 10$ seed in it, and give it a tiny bit of dyna gro for 8$ along with a few other products like liquid karma and orca mycorrhizae. You got a nice plant for under 50$

I know where you're coming from in terms of being poor. IDK HtH people walk around with cell phones that cost more than the car I owned ten years ago, lol. I bought mine for about a hundred bucks in 2014 or 2015, and that was something I saved up for a year to get (and only ended up buying because $10/month unlimited talk and text is WAY cheaper than $45 (price then) per month for basic local landline service).

I bought a four cubic foot bag of perlite for I think $24 last year, and have some liquid nutrients from 2011. Some Solo cups, one five-gallon bucket, a couple of one-gallon buckets, and a bunch of Mountain Dew two-liter bottles (most of which I pulled out of trash cans :rolleye3 ). Pretty much everything else was given to me at one time or another - including almost all of my cannabis seeds, and that includes the ones I was able to get from Gorilla Seed Bank and Crop King Seeds when I was lucky enough to get voted MotM here last year (thanks, everyone!). No, wait... I did manage to purchase a bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog (one last year, one late 2016) and still have half of one and most of the other left. And I got a bag of off-brand "fortified organic" soil that I got for like $2 on clearance after the end of the 2016 growing season. Haven't tried the latter for cannabis, yet, but it didn't kill the ornamental multicolored pepper plant I turned into a bonsai tree (looks a LOT like a tiny ancient tree) or the Thai basil plant, both of which I gave to Mom and which survived until (this) Winter when she forgot and left one on her back porch to freeze and... err... let the other one chill to death inside her house (she's poor, too - you'd not take off your coat if you came to visit either one of us).

I don't have much. Sometimes, I don't think I have enough. But if you were one of my neighbors, I'd be happy to share what I do have. I mean, it's like when ya walk down to tent city by the river with a sack of food. You've got a little bit to eat (and this week you got lucky and managed to buy just a little bit more than you need to just survive), they don't - what is there to debate about, lol? Nothing, you just do it because you can. Hopefully, if you end up needing something, you'll find someone in your local community who can - and will - share what they have. And, like they say, instead of paying that person back directly, you'll be able to "pay it forward" to someone worse off than you in the future. And... the world just became a slightly better place, right?

I have had people offer to help me. For a long time, I couldn't accept such help. Now... Now, I... IDK, I guess it's never easy to accept help, but I've learned to accept that other people are sometimes willing to help me, too, I guess. It's not like I broke down, gave up, and signed up for welfare, where millions of people have to pay to help others whether they want to or not (meaning no disrespect to those who've been forced to go that route, it's just not for me). And at some point I guess I realized that I'm just a link in the chain, so to speak. We can ALL help someone, sometime. Often in ways that have nothing to do with the ways that we were helped, but that doesn't matter, IMHO.

Like I typed earlier, people will do what they'll do. And I understand that the reasons are oft times a lot better than simply not giving a thought to anyone or anything other than themselves. I just try to help people become aware... kind of thing. I'm guessing that a lot of people figure their money doesn't count, doesn't matter. Especially po' folks like us. I felt that way, myself, for years. Then, one day, I realized that there's a whole lot of us - and that, collectively, our (sometimes minute, individually) money DOES matter, you know? Or at least it could matter. If we want it to, if we let it. Like I told someone once when trying to explain how a HID light doesn't produce more heat than a comparable amount of CFL wattage, lol, enough candles will produce as much heat as a roaring fire. Or something like that, still haven't had my nap to make up for no sleep overnight. Speaking of which... ~TS~, stop babbling and step away from the forum NOW ;) .

Take care, and best of luck with your growing!

This is an old thread but I'm here to add my input on the Exclusive Miracle-Gro Nature's Care Natural Organic Potting Mix with Water Conserve.

It's 2020 and just purchased this potting soil at my local Home Depot & despite what alot of you have said about it it's working really well for my hydro plants. I've had 0 bug issues and the plants seem to be thriving well in the 3 weeks since germination. I've also read here that it over saturates the plants and I hadnt seen any sign of that either. I don't give a damn about the politics of it all I just want some badass bud. It seems to me that MG has gotten a bad rap but I hadn't seen anything bad happen to my plants that I've read from others here. I plan on using it throughout the entire process for it's my 1st time using it but I've been pretty satisfied. However I am growing using sunlight and I'm in the southern regions where it's hot AF 9 months throughout there year and that sun soaks up and dries out the soil quick so despite it being water conservative I've found myself watering my plants daily.

My question is, since I'm using organic soil will I have to use organic fertilizers or anything else or can I just use water only throughout the entire growing process? Also will plant food sticks hurt my plant or should I not use them?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to my thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20200615_043414.jpg
    IMG_20200615_043414.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 67
I don't give a damn about the politics of it all I just want some badass bud.

IDK... Maybe there's a degree of ignorance about the company. Or you know a lot, but none of the stuff passes your personal "threshold for rejection." I mean... You probably wouldn't buy the best bud in the world from a child murderer, but maybe if he's some guy who got mad at his old lady and beat her to death one night, that'd be okay. IDK. I guess, if you are comfortable with the knowledge that you are, in effect, paying people to harm us... That's one of those personal decisions. I first started hating on MG way before I knew anything about what the Scotts MiracleGro corporation (et al) does to us and the world we live in. Back when the only MG product I knew of was that granular blue stuff, when I discovered that its ratio of ammonical nitrogen / urea nitrogen / nitrate nitrogen was, in technical terms (lol), all f*cked up.

My question is, since I'm using organic soil will I have to use organic fertilizers

Not necessarily. "Organic" nutrients work, basically, by feeding the microherd that's in the soil. That life then digests and excretes (secretes?), as its waste product, something that is then in a form that plants can use. If you start using synthetic nutrients, your soil's microherd is going to die off because, for the most part, it cannot use that stuff. However, your plants can use it because it is already in a form that they can directly access/use without needing other forms of life to predigest it. So no real worries, as long as you continue to use them. Were you to later change your mind and begin using "organic" nutrients, you'd need to reintroduce the organisms that died off from lack of usable nutrition.

or can I just use water only throughout the entire growing process?

Most likely, no. Cannabis, in general, consumes a pretty substantial amount of nutrients over the course of its life. Even some of the landrace strains that evolved to survive in regions where the soil is pretty sh!tty would probably eventually consume the nutritive value found in the amount of soil in the average-sized container.

Also will plant food sticks hurt my plant or should I not use them?

I hate to give a generic answer here, but there are lots of different ones, in terms of their nutrient formulations and ratios. If you have something that matches the nutrient requirements of your plants, then they'd be okay. If not, then, no.

Are you looking for something that's super-ultra-double-cheap? If so, since you don't have a problem with SMG products, you might take a look at Osmocote Plus. It's a "controlled release" product, little prills (balls) that releases nutrients over time as you water your plants. For some, it seems to be almost a "mix into your media, then just add water" type of product, although you may end up adding more calcium if you're using distilled or RO water, since that doesn't contain any.

There's also General Hydroponics' - which is now also owned by SMG, through its Hawthorne Gardening Co. shell corporation - dry Maxi series nutrients, MaxiGro and MaxiBloom. That stuff is pretty cheap, too.

There's another dry product that's pretty popular with some here on the forum. Its name escapes me, but someone will probably know what I'm referring to and chime in about it. It's the one whose producer changed the formulation three times (maybe more? IDK) in a relatively short period of time, lol. And people have been using and swearing by the Jack's Classic line for decades, along with other Jack's products.

And the many, many "bottle" (liquid) nutrient products in the marketplace, of course.

Someone posted some kind of list of the elements and ratios of same that the average cannabis plant needs. I think it might have been @FelipeBlu . If not, maybe he knows what I'm talking about, at least. If you've got that kind of information as a starting point, choosing nutrients becomes far easier, because you can compare your "cheat sheet" with the product labels.

IDK... Maybe there's a degree of ignorance about the company. Or you know a lot, but none of the stuff passes your personal "threshold for rejection." I mean... You probably wouldn't buy the best bud in the world from a child murderer, but maybe if he's some guy who got mad at his old lady and beat her to death one night, that'd be okay. IDK. I guess, if you are comfortable with the knowledge that you are, in effect, paying people to harm us... That's one of those personal decisions. I first started hating on MG way before I knew anything about what the Scotts MiracleGro corporation (et al) does to us and the world we live in. Back when the only MG product I knew of was that granular blue stuff, when I discovered that its ratio of ammonical nitrogen / urea nitrogen / nitrate nitrogen was, in technical terms (lol), all f*cked up.

Not necessarily. "Organic" nutrients work, basically, by feeding the microherd that's in the soil. That life then digests and excretes (secretes?), as its waste product, something that is then in a form that plants can use. If you start using synthetic nutrients, your soil's microherd is going to die off because, for the most part, it cannot use that stuff. However, your plants can use it because it is already in a form that they can directly access/use without needing other forms of life to predigest it. So no real worries, as long as you continue to use them. Were you to later change your mind and begin using "organic" nutrients, you'd need to reintroduce the organisms that died off from lack of usable nutrition.

Most likely, no. Cannabis, in general, consumes a pretty substantial amount of nutrients over the course of its life. Even some of the landrace strains that evolved to survive in regions where the soil is pretty sh!tty would probably eventually consume the nutritive value found in the amount of soil in the average-sized container.

I hate to give a generic answer here, but there are lots of different ones, in terms of their nutrient formulations and ratios. If you have something that matches the nutrient requirements of your plants, then they'd be okay. If not, then, no.

Are you looking for something that's super-ultra-double-cheap? If so, since you don't have a problem with SMG products, you might take a look at Osmocote Plus. It's a "controlled release" product, little prills (balls) that releases nutrients over time as you water your plants. For some, it seems to be almost a "mix into your media, then just add water" type of product, although you may end up adding more calcium if you're using distilled or RO water, since that doesn't contain any.

There's also General Hydroponics' - which is now also owned by SMG, through its Hawthorne Gardening Co. shell corporation - dry Maxi series nutrients, MaxiGro and MaxiBloom. That stuff is pretty cheap, too.

There's another dry product that's pretty popular with some here on the forum. Its name escapes me, but someone will probably know what I'm referring to and chime in about it. It's the one whose producer changed the formulation three times (maybe more? IDK) in a relatively short period of time, lol. And people have been using and swearing by the Jack's Classic line for decades, along with other Jack's products.

And the many, many "bottle" (liquid) nutrient products in the marketplace, of course.

Someone posted some kind of list of the elements and ratios of same that the average cannabis plant needs. I think it might have been @FelipeBlu . If not, maybe he knows what I'm talking about, at least. If you've got that kind of information as a starting point, choosing nutrients becomes far easier, because you can compare your "cheat sheet" with the product labels.

Since this post I've bought, hydrogen peroxide for the calcium abundant well water I'm using, MG all purpose plant food (that did wonders) and some Dr. Earth fertilizer as per advise from some great dude's that I've met in this forum. I appreciate you taking the time to answer all my questions though. Very informative man.

Hey everyone new grower here and I was wondering if I use natures care organic potting soil with water conserve with perlite peat moss and eco earth if that would be ok too grow in I’m growing 3 blue cheese autos and it’s only a 2 month feed I’m just worried about the water conserve but was wondering if I would be ok since I added perlite peat moss and eco earth and I have rocks at the bottom with drain holes

It works. I'm using it now, but it's certainly not the best possible soil to use for cannabis. You'll need to add a cal-mag mix to the soil and use fertilizer.

It works. I'm using it now, but it's certainly not the best possible soil to use for cannabis. You'll need to add a cal-mag mix to the soil and use fertilizer.
How often do you water and what all do you use meaning what kind of water and nutrients and how much

Back
Top Bottom