Miracle Grow Organic ain't that bad

TenaciousKiM

Made the switch from Fox Farm to Miracle Grow and they been doing great so far. Didn't want to make the switch but the hydro store is a bit to far for me to travel with the petro prices going up an all.

This is my second grow - White Widow

021150.JPG

015227.JPG

And here are 6 WW clones I just trimmed with a Tomato, Chilli peppers plants.
025114.JPG

Re: Miracle Grow Organic ain't that bad :)

There is nothing wrong with Miracle Grow products except that it is not marketed towards weed growers. I know of 22 foot plants that made 5lbs of bud grown from MG Tomato Food and Bloom Formula. Look at the chemical compostion on the packaging and that is all that really matters. I don't use the soil that says that it feeds for 3 months. For the soil, at any rate, the feeding is weak, and probably inconsequencial in the whole scheme of things.

If a hip marketing campaign is not what you are looking for their ferts should work fine for most everyone using soil. I have personally had amazing results from my straight and not so straight gardening projects using it.

Did you add anything else to it? Dolomite lime? I have some seedling that im trying out in reg MG potting mix just to try things out. I have bought soil online $$$$$ drove 70 miles round trip $$$$ this time i ran up town and grabbed a bag and im going to give it a shot. My seedlins are not dead or burnt yet.. so we will see.

The way it worked for me was --- I started the seeds in small containers.. and worked my way up to 6 - 7 gallon buckets. I kept transplanting to fresh new soil every 2 - 3 weeks to keep my babies fresh.. the last transplant was for flowering which is now a 7 gallon bucket. it's common to transplant only once or twice.. but in my case I make 5 transplants to keep them fresh with nutrients.

I only mixed the soil with Perlite for a smoother drainage since the particales on Miracle Grow are large and tend to trap water making a poorly grown plant. I also feed them once a week with CNS 17. And I water every 2 days.

This is one of my WW seeds which I started from this small container to a 7 - 8 gallon bucket
had to transplant 5 times.
seeds_008.JPG

This is her now after 2 1/2 months

018173.JPG

I am about to use MG soil. I have used Jungle soil from Lowes and it worked well for me. MG was on sale at HD so I will use it. When I first started I did hydro with good results. then I wanted to use soil to get an extra foot in my grow area. Both hydro and soil gave me good results from 4 plants. I add perlite to the soil. I will add lime to this soil mix to keep pH neutral.

There is nothing wrong with Miracle Grow products except that it is not marketed towards weed growers. I know of 22 foot plants that made 5lbs of bud grown from MG Tomato Food and Bloom Formula. Look at the chemical compostion on the packaging and that is all that really matters. I don't use the soil that says that it feeds for 3 months. For the soil, at any rate, the feeding is weak, and probably inconsequencial in the whole scheme of things.

If a hip marketing campaign is not what you are looking for their ferts should work fine for most everyone using soil. I have personally had amazing results from my straight and not so straight gardening projects using it.
I have used MG for years and always had good experience.

I’ve used the organic miracle grow before and it works however I will never use it again for the simple fact that it stinks very strong like fermented poo. The smell of it makes me gag and nearly hurl. It’s such a fine powder that it easily gets airborne just by opening the container. I’m fairly certain by the smell that breathing that in is extremely unhealthy.

I'm currently growing my first White Widow autoflower indoors in my south-facing sunroom in Miracle-Gro Organic. The 420 support staff have told me they don't recommend it because of nutrient burn. My baby is about 14" now and flowering... seems healthy but I'm now using Bergman's Flowering Fertilizer... we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom