Miracle Grow: Bad?

Kushios

Hey guys,

So i planted my seeds just over a week ago from what I’ve heard there on a good track but here’s the thing I’ve planted them in miracle grow controlled up to 6 months. Now I’m reading and there’s people saying good things and bad things I don’t know what to think right now. Should I change my soil ? Is it even possible to change my soil at this stage ? Help is needed as this is my first grow.

Kushios

Attachments

• E6D01CED-1584-49DC-BF7A-B1DC4416E94A.jpeg
    E6D01CED-1584-49DC-BF7A-B1DC4416E94A.jpeg
    630.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 5BE8BC60-18E9-4D79-AB73-F8D6E417F264.jpeg
    5BE8BC60-18E9-4D79-AB73-F8D6E417F264.jpeg
    634.2 KB · Views: 176
Hey guys,

So i planted my seeds just over a week ago from what I’ve heard there on a good track but here’s the thing I’ve planted them in miracle grow controlled up to 6 months. Now I’m reading and there’s people saying good things and bad things I don’t know what to think right now. Should I change my soil ? Is it even possible to change my soil at this stage ? Help is needed as this is my first grow.

Kushios

This is 2 different plants btw

have always called their products miracle-kill.

it's mostly my personal opinion.
most find that stuff is too hot, or devoid of nutrients if flushed to correct problems. then it can be hard to manage if you add nutes, cause you don't know what's already in the soil and when it's gonna release.

I agree with bluter.. I have the same MG as you at the moment and mine seem to be doing okay. The thing is I don't know what NPK is in the soil and I also know if I want to flush I'm.not going to be able to. I've been told it's fine by better growers than me but I still plan to change it when I put them in bigger pots, I've found some tropic mix soil and it looks amazing. I literally just watered mine and have only just started giving them Baby Bio at reduced dose.. they seem okay for now

Lots of people have burned their plants with that stuff and it’s generally looked at as being pretty crappy for growing bud with. But lots of people have managed to make it work ok as well. I think @Jackalope is one that has, if I remember right.

Lots of people have burned their plants with that stuff and it’s generally looked at as being pretty crappy for growing bud with. But lots of people have managed to make it work ok as well. I think @Jackalope is one that has, if I remember right.
This is the thing.. it's just a case of experience, I'm on my first grow and did the same as you MG . I'm under a CFL 300w in a cupboard, all these things are a nightmare if not done right but it seems to be going okay. I literally 2 mins ago put an order in for a 600w LED and a 120 x 120 x 200 cm tent. The conditions they're in seem fine right now bit I can see an issue down the line so I'll be adjusting. The people in this site are fucking awrsome and love to do nothing but help and support. Good luck bud brother I hope it blooms into a forest

In my opinion I don't see why not just don't try to remove the soil from the root area. I'm going to change my soil soon as I get chance, again this is my opinion some others may be best advising. Give or take plant shock and/or nute burn depending in the medium you intend of 're soiling them in, but that just comes with it the process and weed is a weed, they can be pretty resilient little things. They're female after all so can take a bit of shit and still thrive. Again my opinion and I'm a first time grower that's just going off things I've read, I'm sure there is somebody who may be able to add or show were I'm wrong if I am :)

Yeah its me that use's Miracle Grow. Still have to every so often. The biggest problem was mentioned. What is in there and what is left. This soil is for the minimalist. You plant a seed and wait. This soil don't work if you want to push your plants. Adding extra nuits when they don't need them will go bad most of the time. I just wait tell they say they need more.

It is not a soil that does well for people that want to constantly feed and mess with plants. The whole idea is that you don't have to add stuff. It is the soil you use when you don't know what to add or when. It is a beginner soil in ways. That is how I started with it. Plus there were very few choices back then. Problem with it is when beginners try to do to much. Hard soil to use when they are advertising millions of nutrients they say your plants must have LOL.

Kind of funny though. Fox Farm soils have added nutrients same as Miracle Grow. You never hear the same things about it. I have found only slight differences when using them. Thats why I wonder if a lot comes down to soil bashing. Some growers blame the soil for their mistakes. M.G. out performed Happy Frog. Did just as well as Ocean Forest. The combo of HF and OF with added perlite is the best I have used so far. Price is also a issue with FF soils something I am having problem with these days.

Yes I still run into problems but I do with any soil. That's growing. Mostly it is my shortcomings nothing I can blame on the soil.

Yeah its me that use's Miracle Grow. Still have to every so often. The biggest problem was mentioned. What is in there and what is left. This soil is for the minimalist. You plant a seed and wait. This soil don't work if you want to push your plants. Adding extra nuits when they don't need them will go bad most of the time. I just wait tell they say they need more.

It is not a soil that does well for people that want to constantly feed and mess with plants. The whole idea is that you don't have to add stuff. It is the soil you use when you don't know what to add or when. It is a beginner soil in ways. That is how I started with it. Plus there were very few choices back then. Problem with it is when beginners try to do to much. Hard soil to use when they are advertising millions of nutrients they say your plants must have LOL.

Kind of funny though. Fox Farm soils have added nutrients same as Miracle Grow. You never hear the same things about it. I have found only slight differences when using them. Thats why I wonder if a lot comes down to soil bashing. Some growers blame the soil for their mistakes. M.G. out performed Happy Frog. Did just as well as Ocean Forest. The combo of HF and OF with added perlite is the best I have used so far. Price is also a issue with FF soils something I am having problem with these days.

Yes I still run into problems but I do with any soil. That's growing. Mostly it is my shortcomings nothing I can blame on the soil.

Thank you so much for that info it definitely helped out a lot. I was thinking of switching it out of that soil but now I’m most likely just gunna keep it in the MG . All I’ve been doing is checking the soil moisture and watering it.

Awesome post!

I spent hours reading and thinking and deciding about soils... i dis one grow with unmixed westlands with added john innes nutes, my plant failed, but i believe westlands has silica in it as that plant was very flexible. Then i mixed coco with cheap poundlands compost, plants grew like crazzzy!!! Now i am into more serious grow, so read and read what’s best and couldn’t find an answer, so I ended with my own experiment: coco + cheap moorlands (from poundland) conpost, perlite and a bit of vermiculite. I feed my ladies every time I water and it looks like they loves it! Grows fast, soil is lightweight and when dries it doesn’t get like concrete. I would recommend do a bit of research and then go experimenting! You will find something good, or if you are not short with money I heard that CANNA and plagron is good too. To be fair, I am happy that I did my own mix, I would love to add some silica, but man, it is waaay too expensive for me atm. :) cheers, bud!

Have you got any updates pics? I will tag you in my grow when I add some pics

One plants Master Kush and the other is sour diesel I planted it last Monday. What do you think ?

Attachments

• 969781A0-9364-49A1-9A0D-979436B03FE5.jpeg
    969781A0-9364-49A1-9A0D-979436B03FE5.jpeg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 148
  • E1822EB3-9099-4447-B539-2411F772B891.jpeg
    E1822EB3-9099-4447-B539-2411F772B891.jpeg
    569.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 66AA5C52-7918-4019-8D11-D7512114CEE3.jpeg
    66AA5C52-7918-4019-8D11-D7512114CEE3.jpeg
    649.6 KB · Views: 161
  • CE028F9A-5552-4DEC-A985-D8A03B0FCEBC.jpeg
    CE028F9A-5552-4DEC-A985-D8A03B0FCEBC.jpeg
    617.3 KB · Views: 137
One plants Master Kush and the other is sour diesel I planted it last Monday. What do you think ?
So far so good are they going to be grown outside or under lights inside? Has it been 1 week?

Well all you need to do is keep the soil moist by watering every so often.

I have a buddy he's a 72yr old Vietnam vet all he uses for soil is mg. Not because of price or anything like that but it's what he prefers the crazy thing he grows some of the best bud I've smoked. Another cheap option is what I use Black Magic potting mix it's a mg company that was created around marijuana. I don't have to add any nutes until after 30-45days. Good luck with your current grow

Black Magic? Interesting. I never knew M.G. did soil for marijuana. Not surprised though. I may have to try it someday. I am pretty much like the old Vet. It has worked for me for so long it is hard to make major changes.

Back
Top Bottom