Mixing nutes?

Santurro99

I just need to get another opinion here on adding pH up/down to a nute solution. I have a Milwaukee ph meter but it is crap so i have resorted to using a ph testing kit. Im using foxfarm grow big and big bloom as directed by their feeding schedule, starting off at 1/4 str and slowly moving to full str. mixing with distilled water. By adding nutes will lower the ph of my solution. Keep in mind im using ph tester kit. It seems that i have to add about 10 to 15 drops of ph up to get the desired ph level (a very light greenish/yellowish color = 6.3-5.5) It seems like an awful lot of drops and i wonder how accurate the ph test kits are. Can anyone give me a second opinion? Is that too many drops? First timer:peace:

If you decide to get another Ph tester...I really like my Hanna Instruments
imgHI_981404N_sm.jpg

HI 981404N
pH/TDS Indicator for Agriculture with Range up to 1990 ppm (mg/L)

It is so worth the money..and peace of mind.

As for the Ph up/down i rely on my meter...Sorry cant help there...All depends on the amount you are mixing
10-15 drops in a 5 gal mix sounds right
10-15 in a 1 gal mix is way too much

It can go up or down FAST..so go easy

Please ANYONE if i am wrong Please correct me...Im still learning too

I have been mixing in one gallon of water. Using the ph tester kit (adding 3 drops of ph tester, after i add nutes the solution the mix is orangeish in color. i add drops of ph up to get the color to a greenish/yellow. Usually takes about 10-15 drops of ph up. Im probably killing my plants. Leaves are starting to curl. Ill check out that ph meter. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom