Modified fans for airflow?

That's my solution

That's my solution

That solution works, too!

I have one fan rigged up like that, and will be (slowly) migrating my other fans to the same setup once they die off. I have a mix of USB powered 6" fans, and some of the Vivosun clip on "tent" fans. The vivos work, but so far I've had to return a couple of them as they crapped out. Not a motor issue, but more of a poor power connection issue. The fan oscillates, but power cuts off when they would get about to the end and should start going back in the other direction. Sometimes the fan would have enough spin left in it to push it through and the power would cut back on, but within a few hours it would hit a time it wouldn't. The 4 I'm running now seem to be holding up, and I have 2 in reserve, but with each one that dies I'll be replacing them with the above setup.

Edit to add:

You can also take a stick of 1/2" (or 3/4", whichever you have) pvc pipe, about 8" long, put an elbow on top of it, and then a tee fitting to that. Turn the tee so it's horizontal, and you can clip a regular fan to that.

That solution works, too!

I have one fan rigged up like that, and will be (slowly) migrating my other fans to the same setup once they die off. I have a mix of USB powered 6" fans, and some of the Vivosun clip on "tent" fans. The vivos work, but so far I've had to return a couple of them as they crapped out. Not a motor issue, but more of a poor power connection issue. The fan oscillates, but power cuts off when they would get about to the end and should start going back in the other direction. Sometimes the fan would have enough spin left in it to push it through and the power would cut back on, but within a few hours it would hit a time it wouldn't. The 4 I'm running now seem to be holding up, and I have 2 in reserve, but with each one that dies I'll be replacing them with the above setup.

Edit to add:

You can also take a stick of 1/2" (or 3/4", whichever you have) pvc pipe, about 8" long, put an elbow on top of it, and then a tee fitting to that. Turn the tee so it's horizontal, and you can clip a regular fan to that.

The poor connection issue is really common with those smaller fans, lots of reviews mentioning that from multiple brands. So far all these Holmes fans are still working just fine. I've had two other cheaper ones crap out though. The thing I like the most about these fans is they move a substantial amount of air compared to the other little ones I had

Back
Top Bottom