Molassas question

Red-Cricket

Hello Friends, Should I continue with molassas all the way to the end? Started using on about day 43, (12/12) Watering 1 coffee cup every other day with 2 gal pots. Growing Big Bud with (10) 4' t5's. They say 8 weeks. trics are cloudy with some still clear. I want an energetic/up high. Any last 2 week tips would be helpful !! Thanks for your time!

Yup to the end. 1-3 Tbsp Molasses per gallon water. How have the T-5's treated ya ladies? :popcorn:

Hey Dro, 1st Thanks for your help! This is my 1st indoor grow and I studied this site and wanted to try T5's. I want a LOW Hassle grow. NO heat issues, less need for ventilation. As inexpensive as I can make it. Growing in garage using a gas heater. room is about 5 X5 X 8 (using 1/2 of it) Im very happy so far with the grow. Veg is Excellent..using 6500k flower is good 3000k Probally not as good with hot lamps but Im set for a long time with these 20,000 hr bulbs (? a lot) with No heat signature, and LOW ELECTRIC BILLS! Trying to veg for 8 wks...clone..move to flower for 8 wks...Repeat. Just my plan...LOL Flowering will take longer than 8 weeks it looks...plant are getting to big for veg space,,,they need bigger homes..no space.. no space for bigger pots. Growing Big Bud now...looking for an up high...looking to try PPP next time. TY Dro

Hey there MOMO420 I have many strains that I wish were done in as little as 8 weeks. I am currently growing a Mental Floss phenotype that has taken after some crazy Haze pheno and it is 15 weeks in flower now with probably 6 weeks to go before finishing up. Many Indica's today have 7-9 week Flowering time with a few that are much shorter.
I used to grow all 90 day cycle Marijuana that would only take 42days tops to finish. However with legalization of Medical Marijuana growers are leaning back to Old School strains many Sativa, like the Malawi Gold, that were not possible to maintain indoors years ago. While cash cropping will always take place some still want that legendary Sativa stone that only a long flowering plant can offer, many plants that I grow are much longer than 8 week Flower time strains.

basically it is bud candy and carbs, just way cheaper.

I opt for moderation, using one teaspoon of molasses ( UN SULFURED) per gallon just for the benefits of healthy root development, and not too bulk up my buds.

I stop all feeding for the last two straight water flushes before harvesting so the plants begin using the natural process of taking energy from the leaves during the final stages of plant life. Plus I don't want any external influences effecting the natural taste of the buds.

Flowering is an IBC, I had to wait 10 weeks before my current sativa went 90% cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom