Mold On Top

tricome

I checked in on my ladies today, only to discover mold on the tips of the main colas of two plant. The mold is white and looks like tiny spider webs. I quickly inspected the other plants and buds, and it's only on the top of the two plants. They look like they are about 2-4 weeks from harvest. Should I; A)harvest now, B)cut off the affected areas, or C)try to treat the mold?

Sure it's mold & not spider mites?If it's mold cut it off & ditch it,don't smoke it,bad shit.Do somthing NOW to lower the humidity in your grow space,exhaust fans,dehumidifiers,somthing,anything.You could lose your whole crop if you don't.

Thanx for the response, Weed and Kash.
I've cut off the moldy tops. It wasn't that bad. I was able to cut out the moldy areas and salvage some bud.
The mold wasn't very bad. Can I use the cut out bits to make butter? I figure the heat would kill the mold.

Thanx for the response, Weed and Kash.
I've cut off the moldy tops. It wasn't that bad. I was able to cut out the moldy areas and salvage some bud.
The mold wasn't very bad. Can I use the cut out bits to make butter? I figure the heat would kill the mold.

In my experience its better to use an edible rather than risk smoking it. I have turned some of it into Butane Honey Oil and smoked it and didn't have a problem with it. But anybody with a week immune system or lung problems should never smoke moldy weed.

Back
Top Bottom