Mold: Two Big Ounces of White Widow in the Garbage

Clancy2

Well, it finally happened to me. I tried to rush the drying of my gorgeous WW plant that gave me over 3 ounces of deadly potent weed.. It was rainy and cold when I cut it down. I let the buds dry in paper bags on my back porch for 3 days or so but then got impatient so I put them in jars. Each day I opened the jars for 2 hours or so. The ounces seemed to be drying but then one morning I saw the white coating had started and spread all over at the bottom of the jars. I knew what I could see was just the worst part and that the mold had infected more than just what I could see.

I did what I think a lot of folks do in this situation: I researched and researched, trying to find out if there was some way to salvage my precious buds. But there's not...mold is mold and even if we kill the mold the toxins the mold produces will remain in the weed. So out in the garbage it went...and I cried 96 Teardrops. lol

I wonder if you could make shatter with this? I mean the butane or alcohol would kill the mould? I really don't know tho only a suggestion. Hate to see bud go to waste , hard and valuable lesson learned tho man, better grower for it now.

Sometimes so easy to grow and yet so easy to mess up the drying. I got myself a little 4 pack of humidity meters ($8) and it has been a life saver. Never worth rushing, especially when it's rainy weather. I use paper bags as well, but only after the initial wetness is gone from hanging in a dry place with air movement.
I probably still would have made RSO out of it... hate to just toss it out, even when it's the right way.

Sometimes so easy to grow and yet so easy to mess up the drying. I got myself a little 4 pack of humidity meters ($8) and it has been a life saver. Never worth rushing, especially when it's rainy weather. I use paper bags as well, but only after the initial wetness is gone from hanging in a dry place with air movement.
I probably still would have made RSO out of it... hate to just toss it out, even when it's the right way.

Yeah, I def learned my lesson: "haste makes waste."

Back
Top Bottom