Monkey Juice!

RandyFMF

I have 4 containers of Monkey Juice, for both veg, and bloom. I haven't given my plants any of this yet, being that they are so young. I was wondering if any of you other growers have had experience with this nutrient? if so, what kind of feeding were you doing? such as how many ml per gallon, ppm, or any information of Monkey Juice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, it works great, and I have used it in different mediums,like sphangnum peat moss (mainly using with monkey juice), as well as coco, its high in Ammoniacal Nitrogen,(approx 4.25) almost as high as the Advance Nut. VHO foiler spray (5.0) for mother plants to help in producing extra branches for cloning. Works great with young plants seems to be gentle on them. I have decided to use this on my newly planted clones, they do great. Following the advance feeding schedule, using R/O water at .5ppm's after mixing monkey juice I rarley have to adjust the ph (approx 6.2-always) and ppm is very low (approx 550 to 650 ppms) this is using the 5 gallon mix schedule. If I use my tap water ( I have a well) its a little alkiline around 7.2 ph at 165ppms so I have to bring down the .5 ph. I alternate with Humbolt Nut,Monkey Juice because of the low ppms this allows me to add(mix in) more enchancement type nutrients without exceeding the plants ppms or lock-up. Seems to be very stable. On plants that are several weeks old I would recommend using some addtitves or enchancement type of nutrient along with monkey juice. If your using only Monkey Juice A and B don't really have to worry about the ppms and the PH should be okay unless you have really bad water, if using R/O water like from your grocerey store,you really shouldnt have to worry about both PH and PPM from my experience Hope this helps. For feeding schedule look in " AdvancedNutrients.com" then look for your Monky Juice caculator. But Iam a firm believer you should always check your ph and ppms before adding and after adding nutrients, but if you don't have the meters and stuff, follow the advance nutrient calulator measurmens and you should be okay, always do a trail on one or couple plants.

Good Luck, CRK

It's not really advisable to do hydroponics without a ppm meter whether you're using Monkey Juice or anything else. It's too easy to mess things up. You can measure by volume and be somewhat assured of the final strength of your solution, but nothing can substitute for the accuracy of a meter.

However, you can do well enough going off Advanced Nutrients online calculator. ( Advanced Nutrients' Nutrient Calculator - Analyze Soil Chemistry and Plant Nutrient Levels for Your Hydroponic or Indoor Garden. ) Simply go to the upper left corner of the calculator and change the "Grow Micro Bloom" drop-down menu to "Monkey Juice". Then set everything across the top the way you want it and that's it.

The only recommendation I'd give is that you set the feeding a little lighter than you think you'll need and start out at half or 3/4 strength what the calculator says. You can always add more but it's hard to unburn plants. Monkey Juice is organic, so it's more difficult to burn plants with it, but by no means impossible.

Monkey Juice is great stuff.

I agree with knowboddy. If I was to give any advice it would be that no matter what the growing medium you need to be able know where you at as far as Ph and Nutrients are concerned.

Spend the most you can afford and get quality. What's the sense of growing something for weeks or months just to have it die off and leave you back at square one.

Back
Top Bottom