Mosquito Dunks

Sam Spader

420 Member
Greetings all...Got a small infestation of gnats in my grow room. I have sticky traps set out and now gonna deal with the larvae. I have a little less than 1/2 of a dunk sitting in 5 gallons of tap water for 24 hours. 8-16" pots waiting on water. Most likely water about a gallon per pot. Any advice on how much dunk water to put in? Thanks for any advice!!

I just crumble a small amount of Mosquito Dunk over the top of the soil. About 2-4 pinches depending on pot size. Water or feed the plants as needed. In about 7-10 days, the gnats are nearly non existent. Every time you water, bacteria (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis or Bti) which kill mosquitoes, fungus gnats and other small larva is released.

Because Mosquito Dunks are only available in disk form in my area, I'll give the hubby a bag full of mosquito dunk disks to bash for me. He gets all excited with his various carpentry tools which he hardly ever uses. In about 5 minutes, the disks are nicely pulverized and my hubby is grinning like a little boy who's caught his first fish. Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis is also available in granular form online, but my hubby seems to enjoy bashing way to much.
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom