My 17 Sq Ft Room

Jessev

Hi everyone this is my first time posting but i've been reading and learning lots from you all (Boss is a huge inspiration :D)

I'm just about done (it's drywalled) building a room 3.5' x 9' and 8' tall. The floor and ceiling are concrete, three walls are concrete but with a 4" wall frame in front, and one wall is just a 4" framed wall. i plan to use about 42"x63" for my growing area, 17.5 square feet

First things first i need to decide how i'm finishing the room. From reading here i went and got white elastomeric paint as it should seal good and provide good reflectivity before getting into shades and foylon etc. The paint guy expressed concern with applying it to concrete, moisture blah blah. The can itself says not to apply to concrete with a pH greater than 10. so i got another kind of paint too and i'm feeling better about it. it's this: Techniseal - Bringing Exterior Surfaces to Life
It's white, says its reflective etc, should i use it or just caulk and paint white flat white and then hang foylon?

Let's start with that and i'll give you my plans for lighting and venting once i have what i need to get back to work :D
that took forever to get out i'd better go :grinjoint:

no replies?? come on you guys don't get pics if you don't help!
sanding is done and i'll be painting or moving on tonight... what should i do guys??

paint flat white yes. hang foylon? not sure what that is, but white paint should be enough. you want a reflector above your lights for sure.

i learned about foylon here and it's all my local place carries. it's like mylar but stronger

"A more durable version of mylar, made of spun polyester fabric and reinforced with foil laminate. Foylon is resistant to most solutions, won't tear or fade, and can be wiped or washed clean.
A great solution for growers who are interested in long term use, and though it may be slightly more expensive than mylar, its durability will more than make up for its cost. It has the ability to reflect about 95% of the light and approximately 85% of the heat energy, so a good ventilation system should be used in conjunction with folyon."

i saw a really cool adjustable reflector on here, but i'm sure it's expensive. i might make something for now, been spending a lot this week!

I dont know much about building but I will welcome you to 420 and dont worry you will have more help than you could ask for.:peace::ganjamon:

How to Ask for Grow Support
As per that thread

What Strain is it? Himalaya Gold, Northern Light x Big Bud, Shark Attack, Big Bang (I think some are mixed up, and i pulled one, hopefully i can ID them)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? in order: HG- Mostly Indica, NLxBB- Hybrid, SA-Indicate with clear dominancie Indica, BB-
How Many Plants? 3 Total
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 5 Weeks in with a rough start
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Some Bagged soil.... i forget exactly now but sounded like what i wanted and had some perlite in it. i added extra perlite, with some small stones at the bottom of the pot
If Soil... What Size Pot? 8" across round pots. but I plan to get these Horizen Hydroponics :: Hydroponic Parts :: Containers :: Giant Square Pot 18L :: Hydroponics Systems Equipment Supplies, plant grow lights, Digital Electronic ballasts, Organic Fertilizers for indoor flower gardening
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? Currently on 4x 23W 4100K CFLs. many more as soon as the room is ready.
Is it Air Cooled? 6" venting w/ 250 CFM inline fan (room is 260 CFM, i want to see if this keeps up with temps)
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Naturally very cool, basement
RH of Room/Cabinet? Need to get a good weather station, there is a dehumidifier around though
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Unknown, i have hot tub test strips... i know how to test water but not soil
Any Pests? shouldn't be, new room will be extremely clean
How Often are you Watering? ~ every 4 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? a little bit of root strength stuff a guy at the store told me to get... i'm clueless on this
Size or Square Footage of Room? 32 square feet overall, 260 cubic feet

i guess i didn't mention this is my first time ever trying this, haven't even been to a real grow before but i grew up growing dhalias, vegetables, etc both in a greenhouse and in a field so i'm not totally new to the whole gardening thing :D this has been a great learning experience so far and i ordered a few books today to learn more about this great plant!

Grow Great Marijuana: An Uncomplicated Guide to Growing the World's Finest Cannabis: Amazon.ca: Logan Edwards: Books
Cannabis Cultivation: A Complete Grower's Guide: Amazon.ca: Mel: Books
Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible: Amazon.ca: Jorge Cervantes: Books

jessev if you wanted to use that foylon then go ahead, i would say it is not necessary if you are planning on using flat white paint. Like i mentioned before, make sure to get some real pro reflectors for your light setup. (most important thing)

Back
Top Bottom