My 1st Indoor Grow Using Mars 300 LED

weaviem

Hi all. Im new to here. Just trying to find my way around. I thought I'd try make a grow journal, so here goes...

I started 2 bag seed around 3 weeks ago, in soil/compost, with a mars 300 led. 1 was lemon haze which sadly passed away, think was nute burn from the first compost/soil medium, the other was also bag seed and either blue cheese or lemon haze this one came through fine. I changed the grow medium to a nice fine fluffy compost and is now looking healthy. I also planted an amnesia haze fem(royal queen seed) 3 days ago which shot up about 2" and root pooping out of the bottom of the pot in 1st 24 hours so I re potted, probably a newbie mistake but she seems to be doing fine. I will try post some pics and keep updated... peace out weavie

This is the bag seed, its either blue cheese or lemon haze, its now 23 days old, re potted a couple of days ago

IMAG043818.jpg
IMAG058118.jpg
IMAG056015.jpg
IMAG055912.jpg

I noticed some discoloration on the leaves, I have them potted in peat moss any ideas what it is? I was thinking maybe ph? The grow medium is still moist so not fed them yet. My nutrients and hygrometer came today, just waiting on my ph kit to arrive in the next day or 2

are you adding extra cal/mag? are the leaves purple underneath where the discoloration is happening? could also be genetics. some of my leaves [still young] are growing with some holes/rips and it looks like almost scar tissue some places lol. weird but I play it as genetics since it can't really be much else lol

and did you recently feed? possible nute burn, just very early? looks almost sometimes like salt build up on the leaves and then they get browned or yellow.....not saying this is what is happening! just some info :thumb:

Hi. No I haven't used calmag yet or any nutrients and no purple under leaves .I've just tried flushing it and it's very poor drainagei only re potted last week and just noticed roots underneath. I'vebeen at it over half n hour and still waiting for the water to ruin clear, but then again it's taken all this time to flush around 3-4 litres. Do you have any suggestions please? Thanks WeavieM

what is it in now, pot size wise...1 gallon? how many holes are in the bottom of the pot? is the discoloration on only new leaves/older/or both?

how frequently are you watering? and as you stated peat moss does get acidic and keeping it too wet would only hasten that process...and making sure you get a good dry cycle in there will help keep its roots from getting too big too quick for the pot. if it starts drooping whether or not it's dry or wet she's prolly getting root bound.

Its in a 29cm pot, not sure what size? It came with a blank bottom so I put 6 holes in around 8mm and discoloration and kinda wrincklage was on the big leaves and new big leaves, but the lower shoots all seem fine and healthy. I only watered the once when re potted around 6 days ago as the peat moss seemed moist still and soil still stook too finger when pressed in

I gave them a flush last night and they seem a lot better today, they're all happy and stood to attention :thumb: . I dont know what it was but I got a lot of frothing and some bubbling while i was flushing :/
IMAG06479.jpg
IMAG064810.jpg
IMAG06519.jpg
IMAG065212.jpg
IMAG065415.jpg

My nutes came yesterday and my new znet500 came today. Feels like an early birthday haha. The Mars is doing its job but I really wanna test the new one lol. What ya reckon, or just wait till the flip??

I got the strips but getting the digital one next week. I got biobizz tri pack and getting bio heaven next week, the drip tray was bone dry, but I ph'd the bottled water I'd used and tap water and both where neutral. What's tds if you don't mind me asking lol?

Back
Top Bottom