My Bag Lady of Questionable Heritage

OldSkoool

Thanks for dropping in!

A friend gave me the seeds for this plant, claiming they came from some KB he'd scored. Other than being a sativa strain, nothing else is known about her, but she is developing into fine looking lady. She's gives off a strange, somewhat sweet perfume aroma, with a very subtle skunkish scent. Only time will be the judge of his claim, but I hope he's right!

Shot this last week on her 8th week birthday, into her 12th day of 12/12, and showing her 5 day old buds.
EOW08101409A.JPG

7 day old bud forming on the main stalk
EOW01-10-16-09B.JPG

OldSkoool, great example of LST. :goodjob: Keep growing Strong Buddy!

Thanks for the word Weed, but any commendations should go to the all folks on this great site that I've learned from. Offering me help with with this, my first bag seed grow three years ago. Like a lot of first timers, I got ansy, and harvested her a bit to early. Live and learn right?

wk15B72506.JPG

07202006B.JPG

wk167302006H.JPG

harvest02.JPG

Oh yes ALL the white hair and the scissors..... Remember well. Bad combo! A very good learning experience, but hurtful at the time! :thanks::goodjob:

I cried like a baby when I realized my error, but it was still pretty stoney weed, musta been to inspire this pic.
crush01.JPG

My wife's now under strict orders to hit me in the head with a brick if I even look like I might harvest before it's ready:yummy:

My pleasure Weed. My old digi cam went belly up after my first grow. Sadness. But glad I still have the first ones I took for comparison reasons. If I still had to pay for film, and processing all my posts would be text:)

Found this shot of Maria's 11 day old main stem bud.
0707bud11thday03.JPG

Ironically, today is the 11th day of Wanda's Developing buds, so I shot this a few minutes ago of her main stem bud for comparison. I'm sure glad I cloned her, hoping the more abundant pistil growth, and trich's is a sign of a more potent plant.
Wanda11daysB.JPG

Wanda11daysB.JPG

Some resent shots a/o yesterday, 19 days into flower. This is, without a doubt, the most trich laden plant I've grown from bag seed to date. I'm so jazzed at finally being able to show off, and grow some potentially great KB. Thankfully, her clone is healthy, and will be ready to flower after I harvest momma.

102709a.JPG

102709c.JPG

102709cc.JPG

Awesome looking plant, how many gallons is your pot?

Thank you, I believe it's four gallons. I'll be switching to to 5 gal buckets from now on. I re potted this plant on 10//09. When I watered on 10/23 I found a 7 inch root escaping out one of the drain holes.

7 days later, 4th week of flower. Temptation setting in.
buds11-06-09D.JPG

buds11-06-09G.JPG

buds11-06-09I.JPG

buds11-06-09E.JPG

wow man great loookin lady i would say shes a dimepiece for sure haha and well done on training her how exactly did you get her to grow so squatty but lush at the same time?

Thanks COmmjDude

Just LST training since she was 3 weeks old. Check the 10/19 09:22 photo for the LST tie downs. Now that her branches have been trained in a tight circular pattern, all the ties have been removed, allowing the colas to grow naturally.

Throughout the training, the center of the plant, and the nugs growing up each branch receive direct light using this method, why it looks so lush.

nice man i'm definitely going to use this method with my next crop i recently dipped my feet into indoor growing and started two babies but im going to be putting six into a two foot deep by five foot long by five foot tall closet so im going to need training for sure otherwise it'll be a jungle in there :)

nice man i'm definitely going to use this method with my next crop i recently dipped my feet into indoor growing and started two babies but im going to be putting six into a two foot deep by five foot long by five foot tall closet so im going to need training for sure otherwise it'll be a jungle in there :)

Your depth, and height should be okay, but unless your using square pots, getting 6 flowering plants sitting side by side in pots large enough to prevent root binding though out the flowering cycle will be your challenge.....but then, we growers are very creative.

Good Luck!

Thanks man yeah six home depot buckets four 125watt cfls two on the wall and two overhead is the plan and im gonna be using fox farms soil and nutes with super foliar spray and i guess now some lst training will be thrown into that mix... just wondering though what exactly is root bind? never heard that and it sounds potentialy dangerous

Thanks man yeah six home depot buckets four 125watt cfls two on the wall and two overhead is the plan and im gonna be using fox farms soil and nutes with super foliar spray and i guess now some lst training will be thrown into that mix... just wondering though what exactly is root bind? never heard that and it sounds potentialy dangerous

Root binding is when the plant out grows the pot, and should be avoided at all cost. Roots will grow, using up all the soil, the root ball will become as hard as a brick, eventually choking the plant to death. Early signs are drying out quickly, requiring almost daily water. The four CLF's sound quite adequate, along with the soil, and nutes. Just don't add any veg nutes until the plants have at least three sets of leaves showing.

Hope this helps.

I forgot to add that if a plant does become root bound, you can easily re pot the plant with no ill effects if done properly.

Back
Top Bottom