My First AK-47 Grow

wel it aint done that yet lol.
so i was woundering and i no every one ask's when its there first grow but i was woundering how much will i yeild if i LST all 4 of my AK's veg them for 2 mouth's and im going to get 600HPS or i may get a 1000w but not to sure yet im going to use advanced nutrients sensi bloom BIG BUD and Bud Candy not to use if you can mix the 2?? would love some feed back on this. i no you all hear it all the time. lol all so this monday comeing they will be 3 weeks old but there is no sign of sexin yet?

HELPPP!!! i went out to my tent to find that one of my plants dont look great it looks like the leaves have curld up and dryd out but th other plants are fine how has this happend?is the extractor duckting to close to the plant and dryd it out here are a couple of pics...

I think you missed attaching the pics to your post.. =)

I suppose if your ducting draws that much air, you should try to relocate it (or the plant). I've never setup extraction like that, so I didn't know if that would be a problem - doesn't look like it should be from your previous pics... but yeah, move the ducting maybe up a bit so it's not right beside your plants. At this point, it should be mainly extracting hot air, so it should be closer to your light than the plants..

here are the pics lol
ok2.JPG

kj1.JPG

mirking60 said:
HELPPP!!! i went out to my tent to find that one of my plants dont look great it looks like the leaves have curld up and dryd out but th other plants are fine how has this happend?is the extractor duckting to close to the plant and dryd it out here are a couple of pics...

It is possible the breeze past the plant is fast enough it's drying out the plant. I had this happen before. Nice looking grow so far! I would def recommend a scrog. Check out my journal to see why. I'm about two weeks into flowering, i vegged three plants for 6 weeks and filled a 4x3 screen

i have put the fans on low and put the extractor fan on the top on the light and i done a full res change. so hopefully it be all ok. and on the plant then went funny i cut the dryed fan leaves off was that a rite thing to do ?..

mirking60 said:
i have put the fans on low and put the extractor fan on the top on the light and i done a full res change. so hopefully it be all ok. and on the plant then went funny i cut the dryed fan leaves off was that a rite thing to do ?..

I would say cutting dead growth is good. With the plants so young it's hard to say if that one will survive though. I lost a clone due to cuttin one leaf of in the past. :/ it had a couple of growth nodes already but just couldn't handle the stress.

where i have put an extractor fan it now the tent sucks rite in so i had to open a vent the prob i have now is where the vent is open i get a tiny bit of light go in the tent when the lights go out will this be a problem in the veg stage? it is still dark in there but a little bit of light dose go in the tent.

mirking60 said:
thanks's NateRamrod. the light im useing is a lightwave with 8 daylight white tubes i think it kicks out about 430 Watts.

I have no idea how the watts on the two diff fixtures relate as far as lumens go. I'm starting to think I should have bought the cfls. My 400 doesn't seem to light the edges of my screen as much as I would like. I bet that 4 foot 8 tube would do the trick nice for even coverage with less heat. I paid $90 for some guy on craigslist to deliver my 400 though, and I was cash poor at the time. Don't think I could have afforded it. :/

Can't wait to see how the lights perform!

nice lookin stack: it sorta looks like you are burning the leaves. I had an Led light and it burn my girl, so even through it is not hot keep watching the temp.

I have no idea how the watts on the two diff fixtures relate as far as lumens go. I'm starting to think I should have bought the cfls. My 400 doesn't seem to light the edges of my screen as much as I would like. I bet that 4 foot 8 tube would do the trick nice for even coverage with less heat. I paid $90 for some guy on craigslist to deliver my 400 though, and I was cash poor at the time. Don't think I could have afforded it. :/

my lightwave is good becuase its really really cheap to run. it can get a bit hot tho if there isant a lont of air movement.and for the lumens i think its 52000k i belive lol not 100% each tube is 6500k.

on the plants on the tips of the leaf's looks bit yelllow wat courses this?

The CFL's are great but can't come close to putting out the kind of lumens your 400 W light does. As far as I know the 400 W HPS puts out about 50,000 initial lumens where as my 2 ft 4 bulb (96w) puts out 8,000. They are nice for the energy consumption and low heat they put off but can't really touch HID lights yield wise unless your using a TON of CFL's everywhere.

mirking60 said:
my lightwave is good becuase its really really cheap to run. it can get a bit hot tho if there isant a lont of air movement.and for the lumens i think its 52000k i belive lol not 100% each tube is 6500k.

on the plants on the tips of the leaf's looks bit yelllow wat courses this?

The watts is how much power the light sucks. Mine is a 400w hps. According to what I looked at online t5s use approx 50 watts per bulb, so we are almost the same on juice sucked in.

The 6500k you referred to is the color temperature. How red, blue etc it is. My bulb is equal to approx 2100k. So much more red for flower. When I was vegging I used an MH conversion bulb so approx 4100k, much closer to yours.

What i saw online you should have approx 5,000 lumens per bulb, so 40,000 lumens total. My bulb has a 50,000 lumen output.

Theres also a trade off. My bulb gets hotter but the light stays stronger further away. Better penetration. Your light is cooler but you have to put it closer bc the power of the light gets lost much closer.

Just so you know. This is what happens when I post on the forums without being faded. :/ haha

Back
Top Bottom