My First Ebb and Flow Grow

G

Greedoburrito

I'm doing this out of desperation because I can't find help anywhere. My set up is as follows:

12 bucket ebb and grow system
12- 3 gallon buckets with hydroton
55 gallon reservoir filled up with 30 gallons
1000 watt metal hallide bulb in a Eco sun hood
Ionic grow and boost nutrients
I'm feeding every six hours for 15 minutes
They are in a closet in my grow room
Venting through ceiling with box fan rig
Strain is Wonder Women which is hybrid - heavier sativia
Plants are 2 days in the ebb and grow
My ph is riding high right now

Since my system is in a closet in my main room I must close it off when the room goes to dark since their both on different light cycles. I imagine it's getting very hot in there. My leaves are very droopy. Could this be caused by the heat? And how much ph down would I start with in a reservoir that has 30 gallons in it. The ph 7.0.

When I get time I'll fix this journal up but right now I got some sad looking plants that need tending. Any help is very much appreciated.

Re: My first ebb and grow... Grow

Hey burrito im doing my first ebb n grow system as well. In hydroton im feeding every 2.5 hrs for 15 minutes. You should try that the plants probably will perk up theyre most likely underwatered. And about your pH if you dont already have one youll want a ph tester. That and a tds meter are essential to a successful hydro grow. But i dont think anyone can tell you exactly how much ph down.. Start with very little and keep testing the water. Phcanfluctuate too. If it gets a little higher than 7 thats when you want to adjust by topping up and adjusting ph IFNECESSARY. You said its hot what is the temperature? Get that down to 85 and it will be fine, althought you do want lower. But yea try feeding every 2 and a half or even 3 theyll probably perk up

Thank you. The leaves perked up during the day although the tops of some of the taller plants are crispy. I've raised the light which is about 3 feet from the little guys. Im going to home depot tomorrow to get material to vent the closet. It's getting extremely hot. I picked up a thermometer today so I'll see what the temp is when I close it up for the night. You say you have a ebb and grow so you may be able to help me. My controller bucket drains the cycle then at the very end when there's just enough water to trigger the sensor the drain pump kicks on, which causes the water to move slightly which triggers the switch again. This causes my pump to turn on for a split second then stop then click right back on. This repeats until I unplug it. I don't want to burn out my pump so I have to manually start the fill cycle and wait til it drains then unplug it. That's why I'm feeding every 4 to 6 hours. Thanks for any help

Vibrations in the water will cause the pump to turn on for a second, then off again, like a footstep near the controller bucket. You shouldnt have to worry about ur pump burning out so long as its still submerged when it turns on. You bought the ebb n grow as a full, turnkey sytem right? Id say do yourself a favor and keep it plugged in and let the timer do all the work, thats what its there for. As for ventilation, good job you need that, even if temps r perfect, unless youre using co2.... Check out the grow...

Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk - Lemon Skunk LED Grow - 2011

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom