My First Grow - All Input Welcome

Re: My first grow "ALL input welcome"

the tent is not at my house so i can not always keep an eye on it. and i go to the place were dey are every 24hrs aprx to water them etc. so am not 100% sure on the time the lights were off i was running 18/6. but the timer had failed twice on me now (onces before) "3days ago was the 1st time" :( if the plants have been kicked into flower mode how will i no ? and what effect will this have on the plants ? will they still bud ? an just a very small yiled? :( . an a mate of mine told me in this stage more light the better ? as the grow faster ? =-S plz help worryed about my grow :(

Avoc, don't worry about it and just get back on an 18/6 (or more) light schedule. It's unlikely they were kicked into flower this early with one or two nights of 16 hours. You'll most likely need to get to 12/12 (or close) to get them to start flowering. If, by some strange chance they did go into flower, putting them back in 18/6 will put them back into veg, but it would take some time for them to adjust. Again, I don't believe this is the case, so rest easy and keep doing what you're doing. Setup looks good and I'm in for the rest of the ride! :cheer:

Avoc, don't worry about it and just get back on an 18/6 (or more) light schedule. It's unlikely they were kicked into flower this early with one or two nights of 16 hours. You'll most likely need to get to 12/12 (or close) to get them to start flowering. If, by some strange chance they did go into flower, putting them back in 18/6 will put them back into veg, but it would take some time for them to adjust. Again, I don't believe this is the case, so rest easy and keep doing what you're doing. Setup looks good and I'm in for the rest of the ride! :cheer:

thanks alot mate!!! nice to hear they will be ok!! maybe some pic's later on :D thanks agen for the input :)

hi agen ppl! . about 2 weeks have past sence i last posted plants looking lovey nice and big aprox 17" gona take a few pics a bit later on and post them :). quick queston how much shud i be watering my plants ? there in *11ltr pots coco* thanks :D

Welcome, avoc2008, I like your set up and tent especially...wish I had the funds for such a sweet set-up...the plants are looking good so that's all that matters. I saw you say, " ALL input welcome"...is that because this is like one of your first grows ever, or is it because you're just new to the coco medium and are needing a bit of guidance there? Just curious...I haven't followed a "coco-medium" grow yet, so this ought to be a good one to follow...
Cheers!:goodluck:

thanks RV =D this is my 1st grow ever lol =-S new to the hole thing.
i was running my 16 plants under a 600w hps for the 1st 2 weeks. temp and hum was spot on. now av split them up into two 8's and under a 600w hps each group. now temps a lil high "33" and hum very low "in the 30's" got a small video an pic or 2 upload soon :)

here is a small video. YouTube - VID-20110418-00001.3GP

pic 1.
IMG-20110418-00085.jpg

pic 2.
IMG-20110418-00084.jpg

see the speckles on Pic 2. can anyone help me with this as a good few of me plants have it ? thanks :)

look at the under side of the leaves and see if you can see little bugs moving around ? you will probably need a scope 10X min 30X to see them. Not tring to rain on ur parade but i think u may either have mites or thrips :( They usually eat the under side of the leaves and lay eggs on the leaves and stalks. What kind of soil are u using ?

It could very well be a nute deficient like cal or mag but cant tell with out seeing the undersides

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but it looks like you have spider mites. Maybe brought home with the clones? Look on the underside of the leaf with spots. Are there small mites and eggs? Those spots look exactly like spider mites to me. I hope I'm wrong but if I am right you have some big problems.

get the sns 217 they are a sponsor here and their stuff works great can also try azamax which will take care of the soil, basically you dunk ur whole pot into a bucket of aza and repeat in 1 wk and the soil will be clear. since you are still in veg you have a fighting chance of getting rid of them but soap and neem and a tooth brush on every leave and stalk will insure a clean plant. the hard part is cleaning the tent, what a pain in the arse, i just built a new room to get away from my old spot due to the dam mites. I mean your about to go to war with a insurgent force against you, but with out repeating my self, you have a fighting chance with soap and neem and a follow up with 217 and the azamax for soil. now get better info on which to do first and next and how many days in between each product.

thanks for all your in put. am usen coco not soil. and i dont no about youtube lol just done it anyway.relly hope its not mites :( have alot rideing on this grow

btw can anyoen tell me how much i shud be watering my plants ?? there in 11ltr pots thans agen :)

btw can anyoen tell me how much i shud be watering my plants ?? there in 11ltr pots thans agen :)

I usually go by the lift method. Lift the pot, and when it feels light water it. If you mean by the amount each time you water, you want to make sure the medium is saturated. When I water my plants I'll water till I get a good amount coming out the bottom. Just make sure to let the pot get light again before watering.

well i put stones in the bottom off my pots but u ran out so some pots dnt have stones in lol. "done it so water didint leak as much" dno why lol

Good call, Basementdwell,
I was just going to suggest that someone who knows more here about the EXACT symptoms of a deficiency, like a Cal/Mag deficiency, or a lack of Nitrogen, as these can all have some similar symptoms, have a look at these spots...I'd wanna say it's lacking something, or maybe even nute burned, but I'm still learning so I can't tell you myself... but there will always be something else thats going to confirm whether that IS a deficiency or if it's nute burned or nute lockout, etc...but as you point out BD, an insect problem is an obvious issue, and the easiest to determine, even as a novice...if there are critters on the underside of the leaves, then you got bugs! lol!
Now as far as THAT goes, I actually WAS an exterminator for almost 20 years, so HERE I CAN help you! I promise you that many of today's pesticides do far less harm than you would believe....they are almost all made from other natural plants and ingredients, and as long as you use them weeks before harvest...especially Pyrethrums....made from flowers, and the best part is that Pyrethrum has NO residual...that means, once the stuff evaporates, it's ALL gone, and it's biodegradable, so it'll kill the critters w/o hurting the plants or YOU! But I sure hope it's NOT bugs, just cuz that sux...although I'd rather have a bug problem over a nutrient problem ANY DAY!!! LOL!

Good luck my friend, I hope it gets resolved soon:morenutes:

P.S. After I posted this, I saw what all the others wrote to you, so I would suggest, that if it was MY grow tent, I would do the Pyrethrum first, it's actually available in "bug bomb" form, (just look for the active ingredient, "Pyrethrums") a can that just sprays the mist out of the top to fog the whole room, (you will have to turn off the ventilation until after the bomb has time to do it's work. A fan still running on low might be okay, as it would be just circulating the Pyrethrums around the tent better...it gets into all the teeny tiny cracks and crevices that you'll never get to with regular application methods, it will also kill anything in a larval stage, or even eggs, if it makes contact with them...just a toothbrush and Neem will work on the plants, as the other guys suggest, but I will suggest that you TRY the Pyrethrums first. Because it'll fog EVERYTHING in your tent, and everything it contacts for the time it's in the tent, until it's all dissipated, will be killed... any and all bugs, without discretion....that's a great thing! And then you can go back after a few hours, blow all the remaining "fog" out with the ventilation system, check out the plants, and if there are any living bugs at THAT point, (I've never seen that happen, although AFTER the bug bomb stuff is gone, anything that comes strolling in that tent, or comes in on you or your clothing, and then you're back at square one...) But at least this way, you can do a great deal of pest elimination, w/o actually scrubbing on your delicate plants if you don't have to. And another thing, a fog, such as Pyrethrums will penetrate the soil a little bit, but it will leave no residual odors, nothing toxic, it just kills the stuff it contacts and then it it is gone, and you can use it as often as necessary....You would have to have all the electrical stuff off when this is done, so I would suggest doing it during the "off" time, i.e., your "dark" period....so it won't be a problem having your stuff all turned off, plus it can just sit there till right before the next light cycle starts, then you can go in, air it out by having everything come back on, and see what is dead and what's alive....But I KNOW Pyrethrums are listed to kill spider mites.....you'll see it listed on the can!

And lastly, I have to say, that I know pests can come in at any time, and get to a perfectly great crop and ruin it no matter what the person is doing right, that's true...but I promise you, it is WAY more easy for a pest to get started when the environment is already inviting to them, or the "host plant" is already in some sort of stress, not in top form somehow. It's the natural order in nature ...they always pick on the sick or weak ones first, same goes for pest infestations....they want it the easiest for themselves, these lil' critters...they want it to be as easy as possible for them to set up shop, so if they have a healthy plant that isn't over-watered or too dry, and is strong, or a sick plant that is droopy, has too much watering or too little going on, or any other nutrient deficiency, they are ALWAYS going to go for the sick or weak plants first...So just a thought.....they need to be healthy just as we do to fight off bugs and illness....

I hope that this helps you, and if you aren't into using the Pyrethrums, I understand....but I promise if you ask any other pest control peeps around you, they will tell you the same things I did. (And you can say your "roses" have the spider mites, if you need to explain why you need the Pyrethrum bomb...

I hope this helps you!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom