My First Grow

ganjamez

when i started this it was one of those f**k it moments i have some seeds from a good strain a bit of soil and some small pots ill just throw these in and let nature do its thing if it turns out it turns out if not no worries then
so my journey begins...

the seeds are just bag seeds from some good pot not sure too of the strain but it was good, seeds were less than 3 months old, 2 seeds were germinated in damp paper towel sat in complete dark, root sprouted less than 24 hours i had some small clay pots and some dollar store soil, planted the seeds the second i saw the root, plants sat in the window during the day and put them in a cupboard during the night, i kept doing that because every morning when i went to put them back in the window i noticed in the cupboard is when they were growing so i kept at what i was doing

1 week
IMG-20140321-00163_zpsa4aa6ea9.jpg

3 weeks
IMG-20140331-00175_zpsf22b3b8a.jpg

at the moment ive seem to have lost a some pics, im late with my journal because i just joined :420:

ill post more up to date pics later :peacetwo:

are you looking at any sort of lighting or are you growing in the window?
not bad for a windowsill grow so far, if i tried that in my country I'd still be waiting for stalks in a month lol

subbed

yes i bought some cfl lights
20140501_000046_zpsd64f30a5.jpg

i was actually surprised how well they were growing in the window but i think i let them grow there for 4 weeks but im missing a bunch of pics, then i bought the small 55w im still using that and i just bought the 200w yesterday

here's a pic i cant find any before shots of it, tho but there much bigger now one is a female and im still waiting for the other one to sex

20140416_233921_zps4b90fba3.jpg

i just bought these except the 55w and the small bottle of 1-3-1 plant food

20140430_235957_zpsdf24574f.jpg

the hydroponics store gave me the bottle of bloom free because of a mix up and they gave me the socket free too, they're very helpful as well and saved me a bit of money and they were right i didnt need the ph+ i could of used it last night tho lol, its the first time im mixing nutrients and im using a 100ml eyedropper and i quickly learned not to drop in 100ml of ph down as it dropped the ph down to 2.1 so i dumped the food and started over so then i mixed a drop at a time (it took less than 10 drops)

i watered at 1am, checked the plants at 11am and can already see they enjoy the 3 flora mix they look more perky

oh look how beautifully packaged your CFL came <3 mine were not so well packaged; i wanted 2 300Ws and had to order 4 just to get 2 full ones (shit be breakin in transit bro)

i got both the PH+&- cos i wanted to keep made up feeds for a while and ph likes to drift; i always ph test everything just before i use it even if i tested it already a few days earlier (you'd be surprised how they can change, even overnight).

I have an oral syringe for giving babies medicine that i use, goes up to 5ml, so that's handy, i was looking for a pipette but the syringe seems better

oh look how beautifully packaged your CFL came <3 mine were not so well packaged; i wanted 2 300Ws and had to order 4 just to get 2 full ones (shit be breakin in transit bro)

i got both the PH+&- cos i wanted to keep made up feeds for a while and ph likes to drift; i always ph test everything just before i use it even if i tested it already a few days earlier (you'd be surprised how they can change, even overnight).

I have an oral syringe for giving babies medicine that i use, goes up to 5ml, so that's handy, i was looking for a pipette but the syringe seems better

i didnt order mine i went to my local hydroponics store and picked them up myself, i am using an eyedropper from a meds bottle same as you but mines only 1ml, i prefer to make mine fresh and (correct me if im wrong) but my readings should always be close to the same the only way i would need to add ph+ is if i put too much ph down in which i did last night so i dumped the water and started over

looking good, what nutrients you using and what watt cfl? You might want to look into Led lights as they are much much cheaper to run and give you way greater yield, I got 4 ounces off of a 50 watt red/blue spectrum led light when I was experimenting, buds where so dense and caked with resin. You might also want to look into advanced nutrients and trying a couple different bloom enhancing products , your yield would double what your currently getting.

thank you, im using the gh 3 part, ive just recently read and learned about the gh supplements to go with it so ill be picking up some Floralicious KoolBloom, FloraBlend and FloraNectar, i also told that gh is a little low with cal+mag so ill be getting some botanicare cal+mag also, my cfl is a 200w ive looked into led's but they're just too much for me, im on budget, i am thinking about getting another 200w i dont like how i have the bulb right down the middle of my cabinet, there are 2 plants in there, 1 has been topped and one has been super cropped and trained and it grows around the bulb, its looks kinda neat from a top view because its growing in a circle

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom