My girls need help

RonT

Having issues with my girls. I over fed them 11 days ago with Fox Big Grow. Lost a lot of fan leaves. About 4 days ago I flushed the soil with straight water. Still getting the same issue. Fed them yesterday with a half dose of Fox Farms. The leaves all start as the one shown and end up dying. Other picture is of the plant. Through out all of this the plant is still growing.

Attachments

• F69981BF-CFDE-45ED-BF66-18C47D45AAA9.jpeg
    F69981BF-CFDE-45ED-BF66-18C47D45AAA9.jpeg
    820.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 350B06B6-4F29-4727-80DC-276C082536EF.jpeg
    350B06B6-4F29-4727-80DC-276C082536EF.jpeg
    509.1 KB · Views: 64
Not flowering yet. I’m using Miracle Grow potting soil, PH is 6.8 I just adjusted it to 6.5. I fed them with Fox Farms Big Grow 10 days ago and really over fed them, way more then is should, I gave them about 4 tablespoons per gallon.
When the leaves started turning I watered with water only. I flushed the soil with 10 gallons of water only 5 days ago. I watered yesterday and added a very small amount of Fox Farm Big Grow. 1 tsp per gallon.

I provided this chart so you can see what is happening. Your leaf symptoms point to this being partly a mobile deficiency, ie, the plants are able to grab the needed element from leaves all over the plant to supply what is needed for the top growth, but yet without enough of it available in the plant, even the new growth is dying, also making it look like a non mobile deficiency.
I was just talking about the possibilities of this deficiency yesterday when I was talking to someone about using too high of a pH in soil. Look at the two boxes on the right of this chart. The left one shows you the proper range of pH in soil, from 6.3-6.8. The chart on the right shows you what major nutrients are mobile at those pH levels.
When you water, the pH of your soil begins to drift. It starts at whatever pH you adjust your fluids to and then goes up from there. When you watered at 6.8, manganese and iron are no longer mobile; they can not move up into the plant. At 6.5 they are barely mobile, but when you adjusted downwards you will have gotten some effect...
I suggest adjusting your pH from now on to 6.3 and then let the drift of the MG do its work to move you up through the range. This should solve your manganese, molybdenum and iron deficiency. The iron not being able to be used is also affecting calcium availability in the plant. The damaged leaves won't completely come back, but over a week or so you should see an overall improvement. I would also not worry about using the Grow Big for a while.. the Miracle Grow had plenty of Nitrogen in it to get you through veg without a problem.

I provided this chart so you can see what is happening. Your leaf symptoms point to this being a mobile deficiency, ie, the plants are able to grab the needed element from leaves all over the plant to supply what is needed for the top growth, but yet without enough of it available in the plant, even the new growth is dying.
I was just talking about the possibilities of this deficiency yesterday when I was talking to someone about using too high of a pH in soil. Look at the two boxes on the right of this chart. The left one shows you the proper range of pH in soil, from 6.3-6.8. The chart on the right shows you what major nutrients are mobile at those pH levels.
When you water, the pH of your soil begins to drift. It starts at whatever pH you adjust your fluids to and then goes up from there. When you watered at 6.8, manganese and iron are no longer mobile; they can not move up into the plant. At 6.5 they are barely mobile, but when you adjusted downwards you will have gotten some effect...
I suggest adjusting your pH from now on to 6.3 and then let the drift of the MG do its work to move you up through the range. This should solve your manganese and iron deficiency. The damaged leaves won't completely come back, but over a week or so you should see an overall improvement. I would also not worry about using the Grow Big for a while.. the Miracle Grow had plenty of Nitrogen in it to get you through veg without a problem.
Thank you so much for your advice it is appreciated. I have one more concern. I’m nervous about not having enough room to flower. I planned on flowering last week but put it off because of the issues. While I have the issues the plant is still growing fine. How long do think I should wait to flower?

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. This is a lot of fun, I can do a lot of things but gardening is not my strength. Never had a green thumb but with all of the help here I’m going to figure this out

Emily’s I had to start flowering, running out of room. You can see by the photo I still have the issue with the leaves. Not sure why to do now. I did lower the PH to 6.3 have not used any fertilizer.

Attachments

• 10FD66C6-BCBF-4633-9D48-4618DB2C3AFE.jpeg
    10FD66C6-BCBF-4633-9D48-4618DB2C3AFE.jpeg
    605.2 KB · Views: 43
New leave with the same problem, they keep growing after I get a new leaf it starts doing that about a week later.

Used a Burpee 2 in 1 analyzer. Shows my soil PH is a little bit above 7 and the fertilizer is below a little weak.

Back
Top Bottom