My Magnum Opus - CFL/600w HPS - Hempy-Hash Bomb-Purple Wreck- Blue Mystic- OG Kush#18

ItsChrome

Day: Zero Days

Hello and greetings friends! This grow is going to be my Magnum opus thus far! years of learning, trying, modifying and tweaking techniques will culminate in this grow! It should be a fun and exciting grow with great results, I can honestly say I have never been more excited to start a grow in quite a while!

Seeds:
Nirvana seeds- Blue Mystic: this has been on my hit list for as long as I can remember. Nirvana has this to say about blue mystic​
Nirvana Blue Mystic was especially selected for its soft blue hues, which appear roughly halfway into flowering. Blue Mystic grows in a very similar manner to Northern Light, showing all the desirable qualities of that strain, with the added appeal of its own colourful appearance and the faintly berry-like aftertaste of its smoke. Compared to many other marijuana strains, Blue Mystic maintains a neutral smell while growing.

White strain: Yes
Feminized: Yes
Medical: No
Effect: Stoned (body buzz, relaxing effect)
Flowering period: 7 - 9 weeks
Average yield: 350 - 450 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: fruity / herbal
Plant height: Short
Plant type: Indoor
Indica / Sativa: Predominantly Indica

Bomb Seeds- Hash Bomb: There wasn't much reason I choose this other than since I plan on making a bunch of has and thought a hash strain would be fun. Also O like to have a good Indica strain on hand. This is what Bomb Seeds has to say about it:​
Hash Bomb is an absolute must for hash lovers and medical users alike. A perfect cross of a powerful hash plant from the far-east, a new age Amsterdam Skunk and Bomb #1. The result is a high CBD level plant that is perfect for hash production. Hash Bomb is a medium-high strength strain with a strong, tranquilising effect. It produces a calming, sedative and pain relieving effect rather than a psychoactive high. Hash Bomb's aroma is sweet and with low levels of odour making it an easy to conceal, low profile strain. The addition of Bomb #1 has meant higher production and fast flowering times. This strain shows excellent mould resistance. Along with Medi Bomb #1, this is one of our top calming, medical effect strains.

Type: Indica dominant
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor/Outdoor
Plant Height: Medium (90-140cm)
Indoor Flowering: 6-8 Weeks
THC: High (15-20%)
Harvest Outdoor: Sep-Oct
Yield: High (500-600g/m²)
Stoned/High:Hard hitting, sedative stone

Reserva Privada Seed- Purple Wreck: I have grown several other strains from Reserva Privada and have loved every one so far so this was next on the list to try! Reserva Privada has this to say:​
Reserva Privada Purple Wreck was created by crossing Urkel with the Train Wreck to improve the vigor of the notoriously slow growing Urkel. Reserva Privada's Purple Wreck is one of California's most sought after cannabis strains, allowing it to demand the highest price in any circle. The fruity and sweet aroma of the Urkel dominates the Purple Wreck but the large, purple tinted, buds are far more akin to the Train Wreck. The Purple Wreck is short, early flowering and produces dense nugs. Reserva Privada is a West Coast collective of breeders who until now had no place to showcase their creations. These breeders are all protected by medicinal laws within their states but still wanted to remain nameless. With our roots being in the West Coast, we came together to help bring the world these special strains under the name RESERVE PRIVADA. (Most of which you can't get anywhere else and are indigenous to the West Coast i.e. Heirloom strains etc.)

Sex : Fem
Type : Indica / Sativa
Genetics : Purple Urkel x Train Wreck
Flowering Time : Long
Height : Medium
THC Level : Medium
Characteristics : Has large purple buds with a sweet, fruity, West Coast, aroma

Reserva Privada- OG Kush #18: This as been sitting on the top of my hit list for a while now too. How ever I was waiting for the right time to give it a go and I think this grow is the time! This is what they have to say about it:​
Reserva Privada selected the #18 out of the feminized OG Kush seeds they first released. The #18 was so good in many ways Reserva Privada had to re-feminize her! She takes on a more Sour taste then the original OG and at least a 1/3 better yield. She has the yield and fuely sour taste of the Chem Dawg with the OG-Chem power.

Flowering in 9 weeks this is a keeper pheno, with rock hard buds that shine with crystals. If a more refined Sour version of the OG Kush is what you're after, here it is. This is a re-work project that just keeps getting better, stronger, and fatter than the parent! This is Video Game herb!

Genetics: OG Kush S1
Flowering Period: 9 Weeks
Yield: 500 - 600 g / m²

Lights:
6400k CFLs for Veg. I will be running my usual rigs with 4x23w cfl's. One per plant.​
600w HPS for flower with possible side dropped 2700k CFLs if needed.​

Medium:
Hempy Buckets! 100% perlite. started in 1 Gallon Buckets and moved to larger Buckets a week prior to FLower. I will be making new Buckets for flower this time around. have yet to decide on size.​

Well there we have it! The seeds have just been placed in paper towels to crack. SO we are on zero days still.
2012-12-18_14_59_29.jpg
2012-12-18_15_04_37.jpg

Stay tuned for more fun!

Re: My Magnum opus: CFL/600w HPS, Hempy:Hash Bomb,Purple Wreck, Blue Mystic, OG Kush#

day: Zero Days

Just a quick update on the seeds. they have all cracked (Woohoo!) and tomorrow will be moved into starters and into the nursery! The OG Kush and the Hash Bomb could be moved now but I will wait till to morrow when they are all ready.
2012-12-20_19_11_47.jpg
2012-12-20_19_12_48.jpg
2012-12-20_19_12_22.jpg
2012-12-20_19_12_02.jpg

Re: My Magnum Opus - CFL/600w HPS - Hempy-Hash Bomb-Purple Wreck- Blue Mystic- OG Kus

Day: 1

Last night I moved the seeds into rapid rooters. all had popped their shells but the blue mystic. She's lagging behind the others by a little bit. I expect her to pop up today or tomorrow.
1356192868907.jpg

Re: My Magnum Opus - CFL/600w HPS - Hempy-Hash Bomb-Purple Wreck- Blue Mystic- OG Kus

Day:2

Well this is kind of embarrassing. I lost my blue mystic it seems, she appears to have have rotted. Not the best way to start my best grow ever. haha. Oh well I've started up my White Widow Auto to see if she can play catch up to the rest of the gals. Whom I might ad are just doing wonderful.

Ok, SO reboot!

its kind of a long story but to sum it all up I'm restarting from clones from the OG Kush, Hash Bomb and purple wreck. Nothing happen to the ladies but they did find a new home as situation required. How ever every thing is back to normal and the clones have just been transplanted/ so we are basically back at day 1.

Ok so its been some time but I'm gonna go ahead and kick this journal back into the active state. It's Been fairly uneventful all the girls are happy and healthy. As of right now they are less than a week away from going into flower and I can't wait for them to get there.

Here you can a group shot of my three ladies.
20130402_135931.jpg

Here we have Hash Bomb from Bomb seeds in all her glory

20130402_215651.jpg

As you can see she is on bushy girl!

20130402_215706.jpg

side shot.

This is OG Kush #18 by Reserva Privada

20130402_215554.jpg

Top view, not too my tops but I'm still expecting a great yield from her!

20130402_215600.jpg

Side shot helps get a better idea of my training technique

Reserva Privada Purple wreck
20130402_215749.jpg

Filling out nicely

20130402_215755.jpg

Well staty tuned as we enter flower I will be updating often!

Ok so I know I said one more week till flower a week ago. Well I lied. I had to wait for my hood and fans before I could switch over and while I was waiting I decided to mess with the OG a bit more to bush her out a little more. while doing so I opened up the hash bomb and purple wreck a bit more too. so while I now have the hood and fans I need to let the girls bounce back a bit before I move into flower.

New photos!

Hash Bomb:
20130412_143250.jpg

20130412_143256.jpg

purple wreck:
20130412_142330.jpg
20130412_142336.jpg

OG Kush #18
20130412_142151.jpg
20130412_142203.jpg

these girls are gonna be monsters, :laughtwo:

It's getting close. Moved them into flower formation but since I'm still waiting for some fans (they were back ordered) I decided to do one more round of tying and thinning.

20130418_235847.jpg
20130418_235841.jpg
20130418_235835.jpg
20130418_235825.jpg
20130418_235819.jpg

those where taken yesterday right after I messed with them. they have since perked up and look awesome.

You only low stresstrain?they look super bushy dude good luck

You only low stresstrain?they look super bushy dude good luck

Thank you and yeah just LST and topping.

Nice and green happy 420 and gave you some reps.
Thanks and back at you my friend!

They day draws near, thursday under the full pink moon they will get flipped to flower.
IMG_016520.jpg
IMG_016720.jpg
IMG_016821.jpg
IMG_016922.jpg
IMG_017019.jpg
IMG_017120.jpg
IMG_017220.jpg

Thank you. My only issue with them really is the under growth bud sites are not developed as much as I would hope. ESP on the OG, she's such a lanky girl, I don;t think she digs my grow style as much as the other two. the hash bomb is fairly developed and the purple wreck is a close 2nd. I was gonna wait till the first week in may to flip them but in the end I just can't wait much longer.

Finally put the girls into flower today!

Snapchat-4875.jpg

Back
Top Bottom